People finally realizing Rodriguez isn´t that good?

Max Holloway is less than a year older, and they are on a totally different level.
Holloway was put through
the wringer in his early ufc career.

That experience, combined with
his youth & skill is what makes
him such a force.

Give yair the wrestle boxer thst
everyone wants... have him
struggle, win or lose & he'll
grow & come back better. It's
what happened to Holloway too.

As far as doo... they have equal
level of competition & some
great finishes. Yair has been
more active & he knows English
so all the xenophobes can't complain.

His push is no mystery or mistake.
The dude is marketable.
Can't say the same for choi.
That quiet kpop smile doesn't
cut it. If you're asian, you gotta
talk about bitches or put on
fights of the year like zombie

Yeah, sucks... but racism is real

Holloway was put through
the wringer in his early ufc career.

That experience, combined with
his youth & skill is what makes
him such a force.

Give yair the wrestle boxer thst
everyone wants... have him
struggle, win or lose & he'll
grow & come back better. It's
what happened to Holloway too.

As far as doo... they have equal
level of competition & some
great finishes. Yair has been
more active & he knows English
so all the xenophobes can't complain.

His push is no mystery or mistake.
The dude is marketable.
Can't say the same for choi.
That quiet kpop smile doesn't
cut it. If you're asian, you gotta
talk about bitches or put on
fights of the year like zombie

Yeah, sucks... but racism is real

Racism? Do you SJW´s think everything is racism? What about the fact, that someone who doesn´t talk English and doesn´t have interesting personality doesn´t sell PPV´s or tickets? How is Mayweather so popular, isn´t he black? When non-white doesn´t succeed in something, it isn´t always about racism.

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting ridiculous.

Racism? Do you SJW´s think everything is racism? What about the fact, that someone who doesn´t talk English and doesn´t have interesting personality doesn´t sell PPV´s or tickets? How is Mayweather so popular, isn´t he black? When non-white doesn´t succeed in something, it isn´t always about racism.

Sorry for the rant, but this is getting ridiculous.
It doesn't bother me. I'll
still watch cause I love fights.

But give choi or yair the push
sage got. Hell, give them the
same level of fighters too...
they'd both be calling out
Mcgregor by the end of last year....

They're both good fighters.
Mexico & Asia are big markets.
They both have potential.

Don't apologize. Everyone needs
a good cry every now & again

Lacks fundamentals and misses alot. Very flashy in his striking and to be honest it's more offend ineffective than effective. He needs to improve on the basics. The top 10 at fw would give him fits.

Absolutely

I thought he looked scrawny had bad fight iq and clearly can be outboxed and held down

That said he has an incredible will and true fighter spirit

Just way to flashy and obviously deficient in several areas

'Erik P'erez
Ah. Got confused by "Erick". He's not exactly a prospect anymore is he? He's got like 8 fights in the UFC. I liked how he was looking his last fight. His movement is coming along nicely. I think it'd be a great fight.

Yair is what is great about MMA. That crazy free form of expressive fighting is very exciting to watch just as well as a fundamental tactician. There is a place for this kind of thing.
This hate is unjustified. I would watch Yair seven days a week over some random wrestleboxer who wings punches and learned a rear naked choke from some dude bro.

I like Yair and he is definitely one of the better prospects at FW but he is clearly a rung behind DHC. Yair is just flash mixed with good cardio and a high work rate. He has shown very little finishing ability except a once in a lifetime flying headkick. DHC finishes his opponents with ease with basic boxing techniques and his unworldly precision striking and power & is just extremely efficient with no wasted movement. Like a previous poster mentioned, DHC's only drawback to being marketed as much as Yair is his lack of English fluency and not catering to the huge Mexican market in the US.

I read it just fine, and answered it correctly. Is a future champion someone who comes into the UFC and asserts his dominance and doesn't look green right out of the gate by your definition? Because Bones looked sloppy as hell in his first UFC fights, and like Yair still pulled out the wins, but was able to tighten and evolve his game along his string of victories. But like i said in my original post he is 23, and its hard not to see him constantly up his game, which he already has. And yes with the current UFC landscape the way it is, and USADA cracking that whip, it is very possible he could be a future champion.

Jones destroyed shogun when he was 23.

I read it just fine, and answered it correctly. Is a future champion someone who comes into the UFC and asserts his dominance and doesn't look green right out of the gate by your definition? Because Bones looked sloppy as hell in his first UFC fights, and like Yair still pulled out the wins, but was able to tighten and evolve his game along his string of victories. But like i said in my original post he is 23, and its hard not to see him constantly up his game, which he already has. And yes with the current UFC landscape the way it is, and USADA cracking that whip, it is very possible he could be a future champion.

Jones destroyed shogun when he was 23.

People see flashy moves and think he's the shit.

Game opponent? A bloated BW that has a losing record and hasn´t beat anyone good.

The fuck are you talking about?

First off, where's this "bloated" shit coming from? Alex is as thin as a fighter can be.

the other thing? A 12-9 record is a losing record?
Is that how your version of Mathematics goes? <23>

Where is this overrated nonsense coming from? He soundly beat a game opponent 49-46. He is entertaining as hell and has cardio for days. What is not to like?
It's like people don't even like MMA on here, it's crazy.

Honestly I'm more impressed with Leeroy than I was with Yair. He was supposed to get his ass kicked bad and by the 5th, even tho down, still looked like the fresher fighter. I think that was a winnable fight for him, but he did too much running to point it out. All in all tho, great guy, fun to watch and this will probably add to his confidence going forward. I'd like to see him back in there soon.

I had him winning the 3rd and 4th round by then. He took Yair down(huge moment of the fight there) in the 5th and had he held him there, he might've stolen the fight but instead Yair managed to get to his feet and take Alex down thus negating Alex's earlier takedown.

Back