People finally realizing Rodriguez isn´t that good?

Kuggoz

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I saw a lot of people even calling him a future champ. Ive always thought he is sloppy, and has a questionable chin. His ground game is a mystery, and probably a good wrestler would lay on him for 5 rounds.

So does anyone still think he is going to be the champion after last night?

His fundamentals lack, but believe it or not, he can improve. I have no idea where his ceiling is and nobody else does either.

His fundamentals lack, but believe it or not, he can improve. I have no idea where his ceiling is and nobody else does either.

Of course, but Doo Ho Choi for example, is far beyond his abilities in the stand-up. I think he is the one who should be hyped up as the possible champion.

The guy is only 23 years old. He's got real talent imo.

but he is only 19 years old..

just joking, Yair is good, he won 5 in a row + 2 TUF fights, he will have problems with wrestlers but he will improve his skills for sure (and his two split decision wins are bs, should have been UD)

Max Holloway is less than a year older, and they are on a totally different level.

That means absolutely nothing. What was Conor doing when Aldo was 23 and how is he doing now?

That means absolutely nothing. What was Conor doing when Aldo was 23 and how is he doing now?

Aldo has been in the game for 4 years more. Holloway and Yair had their first fights less than a year apart.

He is still very raw, hence why he should never ever be a main event, especially against a opponent who has a losing record in UFC. joke of a main event. its a prelim fight or first fight on main card. A lot of the fight was sloppy to be honest.

I think Yair has a great chance as long as he is allowed to round out his game and is matched sensibly in the mean time. It seems as though he has a good attitude and is part of an excellent camp. Clearly his athleticism & Cardio are top notch and he has a good physique for the weight. Slightly ironic given that he is Mexican that his boxing is currently a bit of a weakness but there is certainly time to improve it. I think he can be a champ.

UFC still thinks Yair is going to be a break out Latin star

Last edited:
Yair barely beat a fat BW. If he is a man and steps up next time he'll be flattened.

He was clearly overrated - he got a finish on a card that Sherdog gers actually watched - that leads to hype - most people cant even watch prospects that much given how everything is so watered down - but everyone saw that finish and that obv overrated him - he might have been gopd but that visible finish put him as everyone's future champ - this stuff isn't rocket science -it's not like Sherdog has a bunch of great fig UT analysts now - maybe in the past but people don't seem to be interested in real understanding fighting anymore

couldnt put it better than that

He was clearly overrated - he got a finish on a card that Sherdog gers actually watched - that leads to hype - most people cant even watch prospects that much given how everything is so watered down - but everyone saw that finish and that obv overrated him - he might have been gopd but that visible finish put him as everyone's future champ - this stuff isn't rocket science -it's not like Sherdog has a bunch of great fig UT analysts now - maybe in the past but people don't seem to be interested in real understanding fighting anymore

Where is this overrated nonsense coming from? He soundly beat a game opponent 49-46. He is entertaining as hell and has cardio for days. What is not to like?

Ya its hard to think a 23 year old on a 7 win fight streak can't evolve his game anymore than it already is. Might as well hang em up YAIR.

giphy.gif

Yair is awesome! Can't wait to see where he goes from here.

Yair is what is great about MMA. That crazy free form of expressive fighting is very exciting to watch just as well as a fundamental tactician. There is a place for this kind of thing.

Well.......shogun was wild exciting freestyling and im sure he captured some belt somewhere

Where is this overrated nonsense coming from? He soundly beat a game opponent 49-46. He is entertaining as hell and has cardio for days. What is not to like?
people were getting crazy about his hype, as is usual - so what should have been considered an imprsesive performance last night was a disappointment to lots of people around here

i didnt watch the fight until later but wasnt surprised at all about how it went - was a good fight - theni came here and saw what people were saying about it and, if i hadnt seen the fight first, i would have thought rodriguez looked like a complete bum

Back