People finally realizing Rodriguez isn´t that good?

I think everyone who's saying they weren't impressed by the guy was either half asleep from the boring undercard or blind. I would be drooling if I was his coach next time just don't throw 10,000 spinning tornado kicks bottle the talent.

yeah, i personally think yair should try throwing fewer strikes but with more power. we know he won't gas, or at least not too much.

Still green, let's see how he does vs. someone like Bermudez or a high level wrestler that will grind him out. What was with that "If I win one more fight I get a title shot" bs? Let's see him get a step up in competition next

Max Holloway is less than a year older, and they are on a totally different level.

Oh he's not as good as Max Holloway? Guess he sucks then.

The kid is 23 years old, he's got a lot of potential. He's raw, but the tools are there.

There's a lot of things to like about him, why instead focus on the negative? I'd say he was pushed a lot by the UFC and maybe that went slightly overboard. The fight game will work out the details for us in time about where his ceiling lies. We can sit back and watch. If he fails, you can make a thread on here about how he was never any good...or just bump this one.

The guy is only 23 years old. He's got real talent imo.
He's got extensive skills...the IQ isn't there though...anyone smart enough to weather his early assault would feast on him on the 4-5 rounds...Faber, Edgar Aldo, Swanson, Stephens and the top 10 would reck him...

There's a lot of things to like about him, why instead focus on the negative? I'd say he was pushed a lot by the UFC and maybe that went slightly overboard. The fight game will work out the details for us in time about where his ceiling lies. We can sit back and watch. If he fails, you can make a thread on here about how he was never any good...or just bump this one.

Stop talking sense. Don't you know he's got to be one of two things on Sherdog? Either the GOAT or a failed hype-train?
He's still a good prospect. I think what he needs is to pick his spots better for the fancy stuff. Sit down on some of his punches. Right now he seems more concerned with styling. He needs to quit worrying about every move being something out of a movie.

He's overrated as hell by Shertards, which is not a surprised.

Last night, Caceres, who clearly came for his check, exposed him. He won at least 2 rounds and could have won the 5th round as well. Rodriguez is just the continuation of Cain Velasquez as Dana White and Co. are trying their best to build up the Mexican market both in the country and abroad. I hope Yair's Junior Dos Santos spoils the party soon and it can happen in Yair's very next fight.

With that said, as much as I don't give a rat's ass about Rodriguez, oh well, as long as he doesn't dry hump his opponents like Denis Bermudez does.

This guy should be cut immediately. Remember when bums like this guy and Ricardo Lamas called out Conor? lol

I don't he's championship material because I think Max would absolutely murder him.

He is still very raw, hence why he should never ever be a main event, especially against a opponent who has a losing record in UFC. joke of a main event. its a prelim fight or first fight on main card. A lot of the fight was sloppy to be honest.
Caceres was spinning around like a wreck less tornado for 18 min at least,shit was comical..... My son had 3 wrestlers from his team over after the browns game and they all watch mma, all said they didn't know half of the guys fighting and wanted to know why cub Swanson was on the pre fight card.... When a card already sucks at least throw a name someone cares about for the the main event to help promote...that whole event was for the most part an undercard or first fight of main event.... I could barely stay awake.... Ponzibibo match was my favorite of the night

Oh he's not as good as Max Holloway? Guess he sucks then.

The kid is 23 years old, he's got a lot of potential. He's raw, but the tools are there.

No, but when talking about him being a future champion, you have to take into account other guys who will be fightig for the title in the future. He just doesnt compare to Choi or Holloway. How hard is this to understand?

I couldn't help but notice how little he threw traditional strikes. Did he even throw standard leg kicks? Not to say his techniques won't work, but give him a wrestler who can watch out for the spin and pounce on him and it could be a different story.

I'm not saying Yair is some world beater or anything, but I feel as though he's getting better with every fight. Last nights fight was one of the more entertaining fights I've watched in a while.

Definitely looking forward to his next one.

He is still very raw, hence why he should never ever be a main event, especially against a opponent who has a losing record in UFC. joke of a main event. its a prelim fight or first fight on main card. A lot of the fight was sloppy to be honest.

That fight was amusing. Yair has excellent form and timing with a vast arsenal of kicks, yet I felt like he'd never learned to throw a jab.

His ground game is fine. He hasn't been held down by any of the guys he's faced so far. His boxing is very sloppy however, could see some of the top guys and even Choi lighting him up because of that. You can only get so far without moving your head off the center line and not setting up your punches.

His punching combos remind me of the ones you'd see in UFC undisputed 3, ducking hook after ducking hook. He should fight Bermudez next, would be a great way to test his wrestling and ground game.

What is this garbage?

Yair is easily one of the best young talents in MMA today.

If the kid improved his boxing, he'd be world champ in no time.

What is this garbage?

Yair is easily one of the best young talents in MMA today.

If the kid improved his boxing, he'd be world champ in no time.

Let's throw him in there with Erick and see who the best young prospect is.

Has alright kicks but does too many unnecessary spins. His boxing is bad but his scrambling seems pretty legit.

Back