People finally realizing Rodriguez isn´t that good?

I think he's a bit overrated. As far as featherweight prospects go I haven't been nearly as impressed with him as I was with Conor when he was coming up and Doo Ho Choi right now. He has a lot of raw talent but at the moment he's not on top 10 level in my opinion.

I like him but he has a lot of decisions and ends up on his back a lot. Those kicks are flashy but he needs more KO's

As long as he keeps getting favorable match ups, he will be alright. I think he might get the Conor mcgregor treatment since he fills a niche with the Mexican fanbase. He's pretty popular over there. He has made appearances on guest shows and Mexican soap operas.

How did he do against Bruce Leeroy? I missed the fight.

How did he do against Bruce Leeroy? I missed the fight.

Should have been scored as a comfortable UD, 49-46 or 48-47. Somehow scored as a SD.

The fight itself was sound and fury, signifying nothing. Yair has phenomenal cardio, and spammed spinning shit all day long. Alex ahd his moments, esp in round 3 when he got Yair down and it looked like he might take over, but Yair came back strong.

Oh, and spinning shit. A lot.

I saw some cool kicks, no lie.

I'd never seen him before and I thought he looked spectacular. He was pretty small compared to Caceres, but that was never a factor and I was really impressed that he could go at the tempo he did for so long. Sure, there might be some fundamental shit he can improve - but he's got that x-factor few people have.

He did spinning attacks for 25 minutes. I will watch him again

I saw a lot of people even calling him a future champ. Ive always thought he is sloppy, and has a questionable chin. His ground game is a mystery, and probably a good wrestler would lay on him for 5 rounds.

So does anyone still think he is going to be the champion after last night?
I don't know about being champion, but to say he isn't that good tells me you have no idea what you're even watching.

I don't know about being champion, but to say he isn't that good tells me you have no idea what you're even watching.

Never said he´s not good, said he isnt THAT good as in champion-material.

Never said he´s not good, said he isnt THAT good as in champion-material.
"People finally realizing Rodriguez isn´t that good?" was your title. Not, "Rodriguez isn't champion material".

Should have been scored as a comfortable UD, 49-46 or 48-47. Somehow scored as a SD.

The fight itself was sound and fury, signifying nothing. Yair has phenomenal cardio, and spammed spinning shit all day long. Alex ahd his moments, esp in round 3 when he got Yair down and it looked like he might take over, but Yair came back strong.

Oh, and spinning shit. A lot.

I saw some cool kicks, no lie.

Sounds like a fun fight to watch.

I was actually impressed with Yair in this fight. I though Bruce LeeRoy would be able to get inside and outbox him but it appeared Yairs all around striking game(not just his crazy kicks) were superior. Looking forward to seeing him continue to develop as a fighter

"People finally realizing Rodriguez isn´t that good?" was your title. Not, "Rodriguez isn't champion material".

I thought people were capable of understanding me referencing the claim, considering that is mentioned on my first post. Most did, but guess there has to be that special snowflake.

Sorry ? He just fought 5 rounds against tough dangerous and hungry kid Caceres with pure flashy kicks and techniques and you call him 'not that good' ?

Come fucking on !

I thought people were capable of understanding me referencing the claim, considering that is mentioned on my first post. Most did, but guess there has to be that special snowflake.
No, you just don't understand how to make a title.

Sorry ? He just fought 5 rounds against tough dangerous and hungry kid Caceres with pure flashy kicks and techniques and you call him 'not that good' ?

Come fucking on !

Dangerous how? Has a couple submissions in the UFC, but mostly going to decisions. Its not like hes a dangerous finisher.

Back