People finally realizing Rodriguez isn´t that good?

Where is this overrated nonsense coming from? He soundly beat a game opponent 49-46. He is entertaining as hell and has cardio for days. What is not to like?

Game opponent? A bloated BW that has a losing record and hasn´t beat anyone good.

Ya its hard to think a 23 year old on a 7 win fight streak can't evolve his game anymore than it already is. Might as well hang em up YAIR.

giphy.gif

Yair is awesome! Can't wait to see where he goes from here.

I see, another person unable to read properly

Actually Caseras is a tough fight ask Uriah Faber who almost got beat by him. Styles make fights. Although I bet against him and was hoping he would lose. I was actually impressed. He has a lot of confidence and athleticism. Lets see what he does against a top ten fighter. He has height, reach and very aggressive. He looks to be a gamer with even the best.

I see, another person unable to read properly

I read it just fine, and answered it correctly. Is a future champion someone who comes into the UFC and asserts his dominance and doesn't look green right out of the gate by your definition? Because Bones looked sloppy as hell in his first UFC fights, and like Yair still pulled out the wins, but was able to tighten and evolve his game along his string of victories. But like i said in my original post he is 23, and its hard not to see him constantly up his game, which he already has. And yes with the current UFC landscape the way it is, and USADA cracking that whip, it is very possible he could be a future champion.

People here just go overboard. Love, hate, hype. It is the way of SD.

A guy wins a couple fights he's the fucking GOAT.

A guy loses a fight he's a fucking scrub.

C'est la vie.

A gatekeeper like Lamas would demolish him at this point. The kid is still only 24? He can improve but I don't see him as a future champ. Fun to watch, tho.

I read it just fine, and answered it correctly. Is a future champion someone who comes into the UFC and asserts his dominance and doesn't look green right out of the gate by your definition? Because Bones looked sloppy as hell in his first UFC fights, and like Yair still pulled out the wins, but was able to tighten and evolve his game along his string of victories. But like i said in my original post he is 23, and its hard not to see him constantly up his game, which he already has. And yes with the current UFC landscape the way it is, and USADA cracking that whip, it is very possible he could be a future champion.

But a good comparison is Holloway. Same age, started their careers at the same time etc. And Bones fought good competition since the beginning, unlike Yair.

I met Yair in 2013 when he moved to Albuquerque to train at Jacksons. I've seen so much improvement in his game and see no reason he won't keep getting better. Yair is a beast who will only get better

But a good comparison is Holloway. Same age, started their careers at the same time etc. And Bones fought good competition since the beginning, unlike Yair.
You do know people progress at different paces right? Holloway is further along than Yair right now and I'm sure having 10 more fights helps with that.

The way the fighters are popping like popcorn with the USADA, you don't think a talented 23 year old can tighten his game and become champ? You guys are acting like he got half the hype Northcutt got. Nobody says he can be champ with his current abilities, just saying he has potential. But he's not doing back flips so nobody can say he's good. Also I'd be interested in these threads calling him a future champ. I spend a lot of time here and haven't seen them. And spare me the one or two, I wanna see at least 10 different threads about him being future champ and they all have to have posters agreeing with the OP for it to count as overrated. Again, you're acting like Yair got the Erik Silva, Northcutt, Cain Velasquez treatment. I haven't seen the insane hype you're talking about.

I like how everyone is pretending that Bruce Leroy isn't wily and consistently game as fuck.

I like how everyone is pretending that Bruce Leroy isn't wily and consistently game as fuck.

Honestly I'm more impressed with Leeroy than I was with Yair. He was supposed to get his ass kicked bad and by the 5th, even tho down, still looked like the fresher fighter. I think that was a winnable fight for him, but he did too much running to point it out. All in all tho, great guy, fun to watch and this will probably add to his confidence going forward. I'd like to see him back in there soon.

Doo Ho Choi for example, is far beyond his abilities in the stand-up. I think he is the one who should be hyped up as the possible champion.
Ohhhhh...now it all makes sense.

I saw a lot of people even calling him a future champ. Ive always thought he is sloppy, and has a questionable chin. His ground game is a mystery, and probably a good wrestler would lay on him for 5 rounds.

So does anyone still think he is going to be the champion after last night?

I still think he has the potential to be one of the top fighter's in his division. The guy is 23 years old he's going to improve

He can relax on the spinning shit , work on his boxing & wrestling & he will do great , I think he might be a 135 er but that might just be that hes 23.

Ohhhhh...now it all makes sense.

Just mentioning some other prospects that will be at the top during the same time as Yair in couple years. Makes more sense to compare him with them than the current best.

I think everyone who's saying they weren't impressed by the guy was either half asleep from the boring undercard or blind. I would be drooling if I was his coach next time just don't throw 10,000 spinning tornado kicks bottle the talent.

geez, i can't believe the amount of people who are already writing yair off. he didn't ko or finish caceres last night, but he landed a ton on caceres, and give caceres credit for being tough. yair landed some solid strikes, and alex stood there and took it. it was a fun fight to watch, and both guys are going to improve.

Back