Penalizing Families...a New Low For Radical Conservatives

What's funny is you also think the wife should stay at home all the time, regardless of children. So really, it's up to the man to save up, by himself, enough money for the mom and baby. As well as pay bills, rent/mortgage, etc.

WOuldnt it be fun to force those types to put their money where their mouth is and actually forced them to make companies pay the kinda wages that make that possible ?

LOL@ a 29-year-old making $40,000 EVER being able to retire, let alone as early as 67. Maybe if they lived in a tiny house and never had kids and won the lotto at some point.

Hey, making 40K a year is the new, 21st century, middle-class American dream!

(Note: 40K a year, adjusted for inflation and productivity gains, is roughly equivalent to the original minimum wage that was instituted in the '60's.)

WOuldnt it be fun to force those types to put their money where their mouth is and actually forced them to make companies pay the kinda wages that make that possible ?

Didn't you know it is just a matter of time before all those tax savings start trickling down to fair wages across the board?

Any time now . . .

I have no idea how people with kids have survived to live this long in society

I never understood paternity and maternity leave pay. When a couple has no kids, save money for the future when mom stays home with her baby. It’s not got a job to pay you. And especially not govt’s job to pay for paternity leave.
If you want time off to help your wife, save up the money so you can. Entitlement mentality is spreading and it’s a curse on all western societies
None of this is useful. It's just more empty platitudes and bullshit.

You're a fake ass christian who obviously doesn't really care about families at all. Your shtick is pathetic.

Everything has a cost.

Why is anyone acting surprised that drawing from a retirement account before retirement, will cost the person drawing from it more than it would have otherwise cost.

No free lunch in this life.
Says the welfare queen farmer.

My grandfather (born 1930) worked as a salesman and was able to support a wife, four kids and buy a car, a house and take a regular vacation. He worked hard and while his family did not live in luxury, they were happy and were not struggling and stressed out like so many families are today. What happened?

Says the welfare queen farmer.

I shake my head at everyone who has relied on government money in any form or fashion to pull themselves up who later turns around and insists that others must do it on their own.

My grandfather (born 1930) worked as a salesman and was able to support a wife, four kids and buy a car, a house and take a regular vacation. He worked hard and the family did not live in luxury, but they were happy and were not struggling and stressed out like so many families are today. What happened?
Feminism flooded the job market with women who found it demeaning to be a homemaker.
We printed a lot of money since then, so inflation

Society worked best before feminism when dad went to work and mom stayed home to raise the kids and keep the home. Feminism convinced future generations of women that the traditional role of the mother is demeaning. And that they need a career to be fulfilled.

Feminism also caused women to flood the job markets and with more employees flooding markets, the pay went down as well.

You think feminism is the why both parents have to work, and not decades of stagnant wages?

Feminism flooded the job market with women who found it demeaning to be a homemaker.
We printed a lot of money since then, so inflation

Please self ban yourself again. This forum loses IQ points every time you post

Hey, making 40K a year is the new, 21st century, middle-class American dream!

(Note: 40K a year, adjusted for inflation and productivity gains, is roughly equivalent to the original minimum wage that was instituted in the '60's.)

I'm showing 1967 MW was 1.40 which is now 8.25 an hour in today's money, Or 17,160 a year.

Far far from being equivalent, it would seem.

I shake my head at everyone who has relied on government money in any form or fashion to pull themselves up who later turns around and insists that others must do it on their own.
It's just complete, blatant hypocrisy. When I was laid off way back in 2004 from an early job when the company was bought out by a competitor, I was eligible for unemployment from my state, and I didn't even take it, because I didn't need it. I had some savings, and a small severance package to get me through.

I knew the money was better spent elsewhere.

My grandfather (born 1930) worked as a salesman and was able to support a wife, four kids and buy a car, a house and take a regular vacation. He worked hard and while his family did not live in luxury, they were happy and were not struggling and stressed out like so many families are today. What happened?
CEO pay has ballooned while average worker pay has remained flat. The charts have been posted in here numerous times. Greed has overtaken our corporate world, pensions are a thing of the past, and unions continue to get BFTO because dipshits like @Ripskater exist in droves.

Printing money causing inflation also contributed.

So answer me this, are average wages in 2018 high enough for middle class families to have one full time stay at home parent?

Back