Economy Wake up babe! The new right-wing mask-off moment just dropped! "Make the plebes toil away until they die!"

This reminds me of something I saw on Reddit yesterday.

Hmm. Read my post history, he asked me to fight him. It's a fairly funny read as he runs away making excuses after I accepted. The flying to him offer only happened after he tried to back out by saying we live in different countries. Unluckily for him I have spare money. In additionI can be a bit bloodthirsty at times. Its a Maori thing. We don't mind a scrap, especially if you want to talk shit. Theres a term we have for it, Mana, it's sort of like public face.

I suppose you like pussboy? I thought even the right hates cowards.

Last edited:
Hmm. Read my post history, he asked me to fight him. It's a fairly funny read as he runs away making excuses after I accepted. The flying to him offer only happened after he tried to back out by saying we live in different countries. Unluckily for him I have spare money. In additionI can be a bit bloodthirsty at times. Its a Maori thing. We don't mind a scrap, especially if you want to talk shit. Theres a term we have for it, Mana, it's sort of like public face.

I suppose you like pussboy? I thought even the right hates cowards.
I was just commenting on the back and forth . . . I have not stake in this quarrel. Saw where a flight to fight was mentioned and remembered that from Reddit.

I was just commenting on the back and forth . . . I have not stake in this quarrel. Saw where a flight to fight was mentioned and remembered that from Reddit.
All good bro. I found the whole thing extremely amusing in the end. I did my best to antagonize him by being an absolute dickhead so he'd pm me. He had too much estrogen to accept though. I actually felt kinda bad by the time I explained to him why fights outside a gym are not clever. Our accounts might be older than him. Hopefully he's learnt not to ask for fights he doesn't actually want. A good lesson everyone needs at some point in life.

All good bro. I found the whole thing extremely amusing in the end. I did my best to antagonize him by being an absolute dickhead so he'd pm me. He had too much estrogen to accept though. I actually felt kinda bad by the time I explained to him why fights outside a gym are not clever. Our accounts might be older than him. Hopefully he's learnt not to ask for fights he doesn't actually want. A good lesson everyone needs at some point in life.
Yep. Nothing on here is worth a physical fight for sure . . .

Yep. Nothing on here is worth a physical fight for sure . . .

Yah. Violence is not a good conflict resolution tool.

Sparring is fun though. That's what I offered him. He then tried to say he didn't want to spar but to fight for real. At that point I started thinking i might be picking on a child...

You definitely don't want a fight outside a gym with me. I might kill you. I'm super happy to use weapons if avalible. The gym offer was to protect you.

The notion that fights outside of a gym are some sort of honorable exchange of hands is a childlike fantasy. Inside a gym fighting is sport with protective gear, rules, people about and so forth. Outside a gym you could have a knife, a set of keys in your pocket, a metal pipe up your sleeve. You might be wearing a set of rings that will cut my face up. You might be able to knock me over and I hit my head on a table edge, or bounce it off concrete. Your mate might decide to get involved at any given moment. The point being, no matter what you tell me I'll assume any and all of these things might be possible. My first instinct is always to just leave and ill do everything i can to do so but if you make me fight ill do anything I can to incapacitate you in a way you are not going to get back up from for a extended period of time. If there's a weapon about to use, I will.

I was raised being taught Taiaha and other traditional maori weapons for a few reasons like ceremonial reasons (powhiri ) cultural reasons (kapa haka) and family reasons. Maori have a caste system and my family are the Ariki line (incidentally this is why i had trustfunds, my tipuna had tens (100s of maybe) of thousands of acres of prime farming land ) of my Iwi, most of whom were warriors, we have entire martial arts systems using these weapons. You should never pick a fight with a Maori if it involves any weapon that's not a gun. We don't play nice. Actually, try not to pick fights with any polynesians, we dont play nice. See Haku etc.

Read up on The Maori Battalion (which my great grandad died serving in) if you want an idea of how maori fight. Rommel was both terrified of and admire the Maori. We may have committed a bunch of war crimes (allegedly) but that's because we didn't believe in surrender. Walking nazis off cliffs may have made more sense to us the feeding them or letting them go so we had to fight them later (again allegedly) We always finished our plate, so to speak. This is just how we went about things, we didn't fight in a way that western traditions sees as, ummm, not a war crime o0. We never ransomed nobles or famous warriors. If we captured them we would oftem eat thier hearts (if the put up a good fight, otherwise wed do other, much worse, or much funnier depending on your perspective, stuff).Nobody wanted to get into Bayonette fights with us in trenchs etc because of the weapon training. This is all within the last 200 years.

We are also a people of scholars, artists and traders. If you want to examine a culture that actually had the mytical poet/warrior, the right so idolizes, that's us.

You should never ask someone for a street fight unless you are prepared to die for the reasons I listed above. You'd have to be extremely stupid. More lessons for a child.

Now back ignore you go pussy. I'm unsure why the browser stopped ignoring you but nvm, I got to see more of your attempts to rationalize your obvious pussiness. Funny stuff. I hope you convince yourself, because nobody else believes you.

Edited to sound less like a threat and to explain what I meant.
Please go forget your Sherdog password and go back to Reddit

Sorry for your loss. End of life care can definitely be draining in many ways. It didn't really hit home for me until my mom was in hospice late last year. Thankfully she's in a much better place now.

Sorry for your loss too. My mum is currently starting to suffer from worsening dementia. It's really tough.

Again, you keep pretending we are powerless when we aren't. Would you support raising the payroll phase out to 250K, or eliminating it completely?

I also have no idea how many people would opt in or not.

You think Social Security did not reduce poverty for elderly American? That's like telling me you don't believe in gravity.

Again, you keep ducking the point. Do you support means testing SS?

Which, again, you keep pretending that every American has this opportunity and means to. They don't. That's just not how the world works.
How do they not have the means to? It's the same money that's already being taken out for SS, you just get to decide where you want it invested instead of them giving you the worst possible returns.

Yeah, fine, means test, whatever. If a democrat would like to announce to the upper middle class that their taxes are increasing and they will be excluded from benefits, have at it.

These are examples of what you pay in vs what you get out for different incomes. That's a disastrous return.

If we're using "someone else has it and I want it", why not make the retirement age 50?

Let’s keep the first one simple: A single person who made the average wage (about $47,800 in 2015 dollars) and retired in 2015 would have paid about $272,000 into Social Security and would receive about $294,000 in lifetime benefits.

It’s worth pointing out that, above a certain level of income, you’ll pay more into Social Security than you’ll get out. For instance, a single person with higher lifetime earnings (about $76,500 a year) who retired in 2015 would have paid about $431,000 and would receive around $384,000 in lifetime benefits.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. End of life care can definitely be draining in many ways. It didn't really hit home for me until my mom was in hospice late last year. Thankfully she's in a much better place now.

I appreciated it, and my condolences for your Mom as well. Seeing her in that place in her final days made me realize 2 things:

1) No one should be doing that kind of work as "just a job" where they make a sh*t wage themselves. Jobs like that should be incentivized enough to attract people who want to do it, will put the care into it, and should provide them with their own financial security.

2) No one should have the barrier between them and being neglected in their final time be money alone. As a society, if we CAN do better, we SHOULD do better. Nevermind all this capitalist "what if I dont wanna?" Bullsh*t. Dont wanna? Buy an island and live on it. If someone is going to make money off other people all their lives, they can pay into taking care of them when they're ailing.

It's s very fortunate that you have that, the majority of musicians don't.

F*ckin Florida. Land of "only the wealthy deserve consideration...so long as they vote Republican."
If you vote democrat at this point you’re crazy.

"Republicans are the party of the working class now!"
<Dany07>

LOL

To be fair to conservative voters, a good number of them support left/liberal/pro-working class economic policies like higher wages, greater taxation of the wealthy, greater worker voice in decision making, etc.

They just can't get past tribalism and image. "The libs" might have good ideas but they don't talk tough, don't lift weights, don't like racial humor and stereotypes, have pink hair, are vegans, and are "for" tranny reading time at libraries. Fuck policy, who wants to be associated with those people??

How do they not have the means to? It's the same money that's already being taken out for SS, you just get to decide where you want it invested instead of them giving you the worst possible returns.
For the same reason seatbelts are required. The job of government is to make life as idiot proof as possible, within reason. We know what happens without SS.
Yeah, fine, means test, whatever. If a democrat would like to announce to the upper middle class that their taxes are increasing and they will be excluded from benefits, have at it.
The top 10% of earners are now upper middle class? What kind of hogwash is that propaganda.

I recently lost an Aunt who deteriorated in a 3rd-rate nursing home where my Mother (who makes good money but will not be able to retire by the retirement age, and wont own her house before she passes) documented their neglect for a possible lawsuit. As she was deteriorating from ALS they kept sending her home from the Hospital because her insurance coverage ran out and this was a Hospital she worked at for a few years. They know her, personally. My Mother repeatedly expressed to them "if you send her home, in a week or less you're going to be picking up her body." They asked my Mother if she could take off work to care for her. She told them if she doesnt work they don't have a home. My Mother is in her 60's right now.

If you're in no danger of any of that kind of bullsh*t happening then yeah, you might be more "rich" than you think despite how you feel from your own perspective.
Ok, but if we fix healthcare and make it universal and single-payer, is that really fair to your aunt...?

Kidding ofc. So sorry that your aunt, your mother and yourself went through that. Society in the imperial core is twisted.

LOL

To be fair to conservative voters, a good number of them support left/liberal/pro-working class economic policies like higher wages, greater taxation of the wealthy, greater worker voice in decision making, etc.
Yeah, I'm familiar. I've experienced a ton of that in real life and have seen a good amount of polling on it.
They just can't get past tribalism and image. "The libs" might have good ideas but they don't talk tough, don't lift weights, don't like racial humor and stereotypes, have pink hair, are vegans, and are "for" tranny reading time at libraries. Fuck policy, who wants to be associated with those people??
But yeah, therein lies the problem.

There is a difference between nominally supporting something on paper, and actually supporting something by doing something to try and make it come to pass (i.e. voting).

A ton of conservatives be like -

"gee, I really don't like the big banks and tech companies taking everything over. They really should be brought down! And these gawd dang BlackRock people are snatchin' up every house in my town. Now my grandson is never gonna' be able to afford a home. We gotta' do somethin' 'bout that! And you know, my daddy died real young because we was too poor to afford the hospital. A couple years back my uncle went and joined him in heaven after fighting cancer for a few years. After he passed, his kids were stuck paying $500,000 in hospital bills, even though he had insurance! That's downright evil!"
"wait...What's that yer sayin'? You want me to tolerate queers and blacks? NAH FUCK THAT!!"
*proceeds to spend their entire lives voting in the most vile and corrupt politicians, who are completely in the pocket of big banks and the healthcare industry, because the politician feeds into their hate for minorities*

When your psychopathic drive to enforce a hierarchical society, completely supersedes and eliminates any nominal support you may voice for policies that would actually make society better, you don't actually support those policies and you don't actually want to make society better.

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."
-Lyndon B Johnson

It's pretty crazy that LBJ was zeroed in on the playbook for the simplicity of the racist/conservative mind a half century ago, it's out there in the open, and this is still the entire right wing/republican/conservative program in 2024. Give them people to hate, feed that hate, and they won't pay any mind that you're robbing them and the country.

It's like right wingers saw this quote from LBJ in the 60s and went
"haha yeah, I AM that fucking dumb!"
retard-dumb.gif

For the same reason seatbelts are required. The job of government is to make life as idiot proof as possible, within reason. We know what happens without SS.

The top 10% of earners are now upper middle class? What kind of hogwash is that propaganda.
What income do you think is upper middle class? Do you think $160k means you're running around like the monopoly man and driving a Ferrari up to your mansion? The median home price is like $417k.

OK, again, just go ahead and run a campaign saying $160k is way too much and the federal government needs to step in and take you down a peg. I don't care at all where you classify them, I just want you to tell them they need to fork over more money and be excluded from benefits. It was the dreaded "top 1%" like 5 minutes ago, and Biden had to run on "nobody making under $450k will pay a penny more in taxes", and less than 3 years later, it's "whoops, did we say 1% and $450k? We actually meant 10% of you need to hand over your income

Like 40% of adults don't even work, and 13% of the ones who do work part time, so "top 10% of income of income earners" just means established adults in their 40s and 50s who got an education and have a pretty good job that you've been doing for a while. Doctors make more, lawyers make more, engineers make more, small business owners make more, there are UPS drivers who make more.

Back