Pavlik water-cooler talk

With all your talk of extremes, take a second to pay attention. I never said we only liked him because hes white.

What i said, for the third or fourth time, is that once he loses badly, people aren't going to be talking about what a talent he is. People are going to question whether he was that good, or if we were excited because hes different.

Everytime Pavlik fights the build up is all about where hes from.

You sure that's what you said?
Because I thought what you said looked alittle more like:

Pavlik will soon lose by brutal KO and then everyone will say how overrated he was and we only enjoyed his fights because hes white.

I never posted anything about what fantastic fighter he is, how great he is, what a talent he is.... simply that people at my work, who typically don't give a damn about boxing where acknowledging his fight.
For fuckssake man, read whatever you want to read into my initial post. Just understand that when shits getting put into my mouth that I didn't say nor imply, I'm going to spit it out.

You cant come on here saying Pavlik is only liked because he is white and that he is overrated and is going to get brutally KOd without people obviously disagreeing with you.

I never said that. Learn to read and comprehend.

I'll continue to post here. Thanks though internet warrior.

Pavlik will soon lose by brutal KO and then everyone will say how overrated he was and we only enjoyed his fights because hes white.

Internet warrior? Says the guy with 15,000 posts. How do you find so much time to post seven pages worth of crap in one thread?

I like him because he reminds me of when Spadafora used to fight for his hometown fans. He used to let the kids in his house to hang out with him and stuff when I was in High School. I think Pavlik has that down to Earth hometown boy feel and I respect him for that. I hope he continues to win.

I'd like to see pavlik make a few defenses, some more highlight reel ko's, then fight to unify the belts, take on the biggest money maker he can, then retire. hopefully he'd still be undefeated, be set for life financially and then we can argue whether he's the best ever for DECADES.

me personally like aggressive fighters, especially when they're obviously top notch. I didn't like gatti too much because he wasn't in elite territory, same with mickey ward. don't get me wrong, I liked watching their fights but for all the leather they traded, in the back of my mind I knew that they were exciting primarily due to their shortcomings, not their skills.

Yeah, because you turned a simple post about some people at my working talking about Pavlik into a socio-political commentary on your perception of race relations.

What a fun guy to have around you are.

Wow. You are petty. For one, I never gave an opinion on the matter. I was just repeating what I've heard and read over and over.

OK, I was wrong. No one in broadcasting or press has ever mentioned Pavliks race. I'm sure his nickname is about his slick elusive style. He will never be hurt in a fight and even if he is, there is 0 possibility that any fans will ever question the hype surrounding pavlik. He will for some reason, be the first hyped boxer to retire undefeated.

Internet warrior? Says the guy with 15,000 posts. How do you find so much time to post seven pages worth of crap in one thread?

Internet wrrior isn't someone who posts alot. I'd say a person who comes in, posts off topic for no reason other than to insult a faceless internet entity is an internet warrior, as exhibited by this post and yours previous.

All your posts is this thread are about me.
Get bent.

For fuckssake man, read whatever you want to read into my initial post. Just understand that when shits getting put into my mouth that I didn't say nor imply, I'm going to spit it out.

Forgive me for thinking this was an open discussion about Pavlik. NExt time put in the OP that you only want people who will kiss your ass and post what you like to post in the thread.:icon_neut

Cmon seano, its not like youre losing here. Youve made your point here and ppl have responded, it is an open discussion and if youre going to make predictions as such your going to get not so nice or opinionated rebuttals.

Cmon seano, its not like youre losing here. Youve made your point here and ppl have responded, it is an open discussion and if youre going to make predictions as such your going to get not so nice rebuttals.

I don't mind an intelligent debate or even some flaming. Thats the fun of this site. I take loads of flaming on this site and its ok when people put thought into it.

I don't care for the fanboy attitude of reading a post and ignoring what it actually says and instead posting a knee jerk, whiny reaction to something that wasn't even said. I proved my point by linking to stories and anyone who has ever paid attention to an HBO broadcast knows that what I say about the hype surrounding Pavlik is true.

Anyone who knows anything at all about boxing history should also know that hyped fighters bandwagons disappear pretty quickly.

I think everyone in the thread knew it too. I just didn't realize there was such a silly fanboy attitude about Pavlik.

Forgive me for thinking this was an open discussion about Pavlik. NExt time put in the OP that you only want people who will kiss your ass and post what you like to post in the thread.:icon_neut

Seano, it's not that it isn't an open discussion about it.
But does the fact that it is an open discussion warrant you making claims about everyone (myself included) only watching Pavlik because he's white?
Advice for next time, exclude me from your "everyone" comments when you don't have enough info to even support such an assumption.

**edit**

Just remember, you stated this initially:

Seano, it's not that it isn't an open discussion about it.
But does the fact that it is an open discussion warrant you making claims about everyone (myself included) only watching Pavlik because he's white?
Advice for next time, exclude me from your "everyone" comments when you don't have enough info to even support such an assumption.

Are you trying to stir up shit here.

I NEVER SAID WE ONLY WATCH PAVLIK BECAUSE HES WHITE! Can you get past this please? Please read the capitalized letters a few more times until this sinks in.

I said there is a hype surrounding Pavlik because he is white. I can't force you to believe this I guess. You seem to think that because you don't think that way, No one else does. I've given you links to stories saying the same thing. Its been mentioned on broadcasts over and over. This isn't even arguable.

I've said that once he loses, which *gasp* I think he actually may (!!), he will be questioned like every boxer in the history of the sport. Since many are hyping his color, why is is such a leap for you to accept that people may question whether or not that influenced them.

I can't be any clearer than this. I'm not responding to you if youre just going to read whatever you feel like into my posts.

**edit**

Just remember, you stated this initially:

I know. You've quoted it over and over. You can't seem to get past it even though I've explained that post at least 5 or 6 times in this thread. You are just offended that someone said something you don't like about your boy and your being irrational about it.

Today 3 people have talked to me about Kelly Pavlik and his fight this past weekend.
Three people that, for as much as I know, are not boxing fans. It's kind of cool. I'm known as the boxing fan on this floor so it's cool to see people taking notice.

BTW, you left out what it was that got these people talking about Pavlik. Do these same people bring up other equally exciting fighters? Like Pacquiao? What did the think of the incredible high profile Vasquez/Marquez trilogy? Are they FloydMayweather fans?

There are higher profile names in boxing and fighters at least as exciting. What sparked this conversation about Pavlik?

I NEVER SAID WE ONLY WATCH PAVLIK BECAUSE HES WHITE! Can you get past this please? Please read the capitalized letters a few more times until this sinks in.

Did I say "watch"? My apologies, I should have said enjoy.

and we only enjoyed his fights because hes white.

I can't be any clearer than this. I'm not responding to you if youre just going to read whatever you feel like into my posts.

Read whatever? Sure, you be done with this. I'll be done with this too.

**edit**
Lots of posts, Seano... you sure I'm the one acting irrational about this?

1.Did I say "watch"? My apologies, I should have said enjoy.

2.Read whatever? Sure, you be done with this. I'll be done with this too.

3.**edit**
Lots of posts, Seano... you sure I'm the one acting irrational about this?
1. Yes, I saw you could be confused by a single word. Your obvious befuddlement of the word "everyone," really threw you at first as well.

2. Whatever. Then you close your post with that next line...:rolleyes:

3.Yes. I've explained my psoition over and over and you still quote me and respond with things that don't really correspond to the quote. I believe 90% of my postsin this thread have been responding to you because you've twisted my words around and actually totally misread most of them.

you win, I lose...
let's be done.

There was no win or lose. I was making a commentary about Pavlik and what happens to overhyped fighters. I guess you just misunderstood. I really don't care if pavlik is purple.

Back