Pavlik water-cooler talk

Yes, you found a hot button in those who are interested in accurate reflections of the situation.
Is his color brought up? Never said it wasn't.
Is the only reason why people are interested in him because of his color? No.

With all your talk of extremes, take a second to pay attention. I never said we only liked him because hes white.

What i said, for the third or fourth time, is that once he loses badly, people aren't going to be talking about what a talent he is. People are going to question whether he was that good, or if we were excited because hes different.

Everytime Pavlik fights the build up is all about where hes from.

Actually youre wrong. I Initially turned down your bet then said OK to a sig bet and asked you to PM the sig. You never did. I will link the thread if you like.

Please do link the thread.

There have been people talking about Pavlik at my work as well. Im in Texas too.

Lets just say positive or negative- people are actually talking about him.

Look, Pavlik is far from elusive. So far he has been able to take whats given to him, but his chin is going to fail him soon. A pressure fighter with poor defense is not staying on top for long.

There are several good punchers floating around 160. Arthur Abraham?

As of right now Pavlik looks fine. Fighters of his style dont have long careers, true. But to say he's going to be brutally knocked out any fight now is a shot you can throw at any fighter, no matter their style, right now. Because anyone can be knocked out in their next fight.

So far Pavlik is fine and has years left in him.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f53/evander-holyfield-vs-sultan-ibragimov-659250/

There is a very MMA forumesque feel to the boxing forum today. Lots of people that are usually pretty decent being passive aggressive asses.

You cant come on here saying Pavlik is only liked because he is white and that he is overrated and is going to get brutally KOd without people obviously disagreeing with you. Stop trying to act like you didnt come here just to piss people off. The reason this forum feels like the Heavyweights today is because of the bullshit you are spewing in this thread. Since nearly all of your posts are from the HWs anyway, why dont you just go back there?

Now, if you could show that Kelly was receiving an unusual amount of endorsements and publicity compared to past middleweight champs, then we'd be rollin'.

He was rocking a "Buffalo Wild Wings" hat, he must have gotten a lot for that, lol. Buffalo Wild Wings is racist!!!

With all your talk of extremes, take a second to pay attention. I never said we only liked him because hes white.

What i said, for the third or fourth time, is that once he loses badly, people aren't going to be talking about what a talent he is. People are going to question whether he was that good, or if we were excited because hes different.

Everytime Pavlik fights the build up is all about where hes from.

Well, I can't show what people would do under a hypothetical scenario, but anybody who isn't impressed with Kelly's accomplishments to date has unusually high standards. We're talking about a young kid who did what several of the best boxers couldn't do: beat Jermain Taylor decisively. How can that not be impressive?

And unlike Arthur Abraham, he didn't need shady point deductions to beat Edison Miranda.

You cant come on here saying Pavlik is only liked because he is white and that he is overrated and is going to get brutally KOd without people obviously disagreeing with you. Stop trying to act like you didnt come here just to piss people off. The reason this forum feels like the Heavyweights today is because of the bullshit you are spewing in this thread. Since nearly all of your posts are from the HWs anyway, why dont you just go back there?

I never said that. Learn to read and comprehend.

I'll continue to post here. Thanks though internet warrior.

He was rocking a "Buffalo Wild Wings" hat, he must have gotten a lot for that, lol. Buffalo Wild Wings is racist!!!

And don't forget Hillary's endorsement. Of course, she's been riding those pasty blue collar types lately, not that it did her any good.

Edit: Oh, the irony. Bluebelt. Thanks, Hil.

I think we're talking past each other. I'm not claiming that some journalists aren't whining about perceived hype in Kelly's favor, I'm claiming that despite what these writers assert, there actually is no hype in Kelly's favor. Quoting an article from a yenta with a laptop doesn't address this. Now, if you could show that Kelly was receiving an unusual amount of endorsements and publicity compared to past middleweight champs, then we'd be rollin'.

Where are you guys getting this shit?

Anyone who is saying that Pavliks race is not brought up everytime he fights are full of it. Jim Lampley harps on it over and over. I linked a story saying something similar.

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP. I DON"T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT PAVLIKS SKIN. I WAS MAKING THE POINT THAT EVERY POPULAR FIGHTER EVENTUALLY ENDS UP BEING EXPOSED. WHEN THAT HAPPENS, OFTEN IT IS IMPLIED THAT THEY WERE OVERRATED OR WE GOT EXCITED ABOUT THEM BECAUSE ___ .

I never once said anything about him getting special treatment, I never even gave an opinion on the matter. It is a fact that hisrace is brought up by journalists, journalists who feed the public the information on these fighters.

sherdog is messed up today.

triple post.

Back