Paul Felder Calls Out Conor for Irish-American vs. Dublin-Irish Beatdown

Conor vs. Paul

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor McGregor has set the date for his UFC comeback ... and there's one guy who wants to welcome him back with an ol' fashioned Irish vs. Irish beatdown -- Paul Felder!!

TMZ Sports spoke with the Irish Dragon about The Notorious' return ... and he says it's good news -- most likely because he wants to beat the dude's face in -- but also because he's "holding up the whole division right now."

There have been names like Justin Gaethje and Dustin Poirier and Frankie Edgar being thrown around right now ... but Felder says he should be in that conversation too.

"I feel like a lot of guys out there aren’t mentioning my name right now, and if they are they’re ranked way below me," Felder tells TMZ Sports. "I’ve always done nothing but bring violence and bring excitement to the cage. He’s a striker, I’m a striker, you know what’s gonna happen if a guy like me and him [fight]!"

We asked Felder (the 6th ranked UFC lightweight) what his message to Conor would be ... and the dude made it clear he wants to find out who the best Irish fighter is!!

"If you want to fight someone that’s got that Irish blood in them too, who’s an American, why don’t you fight an Irish-American. Let’s get that Irish-American vs the real Irishman and see who’s tougher."

There's more ... "You can talk about me. You can call me a plastic patty cause I’m the Irish Dragon. You can do all that kind of crap. It’s not really gonna bother me."

"I’m a kid from South Philly who grew up in a neighborhood just as tough as wherever the hell you grew up in Dublin and I’m just gonna show the fans what a real martial artist looks like."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/27/paul-felder-conor-mcgregor-ufc-mma-fighter-irish/

Felder could take the old man at the bar. Make this fight happen!

Lol at Felder talking down at fighters on rankings as if he didn't get a really lucky decision by a hair. I guess you think a unanimous decision over Chinless Vick and split-hair split over Barboza, after having lost to Mike fucking Perry, combined with the personality of an apricot entitles you to fight the most profiled UFC fighter whos a former title contender.

You know that’s a fight I never really considered, but not bad.

Wouid def watch. I hope Gaychee gets the call next though

I mean just about everyone in the UFC would want a fight with McGregor, so this is hardly a surprise.

How is Felder “Irish-American” lol are his parents actually Irish?

Love Paul, I think he'd have a tough time stopping that left cause he gets caught, but he's a beefy 155 that can bring the pain... Not sure if UFC thinks that would draw enough, but we know he wouldn't be taking him down

I doubt the UFC thinks it;s worth the risk. Paul is tough as fuck. Yes he leaves himself open to getting hit, but the man can take a beating. Could end up surprising people.

I doubt the UFC thinks it;s worth the risk. Paul is tough as fuck. Yes he leaves himself open to getting hit, but the man can take a beating. Could end up surprising people.

Strong username and av to thread content correlation

The fact that people think Conor wins this after being away for so long is laughable.
People are still hung up on early Mcgregor like he’s been actively competing.
Paul wouldn’t smash Conor, but he would out tough him for a DEC and make it look ugly.

If you don’t use it you lose it.

Back