Media Paddy Pimblett Goes Off on King 'Bobby' Green Ahead of Their Fight.

Any idea that Green 'didn't have the balls' to confront Paddy is just silly...and I hope he is not foolish enough to fall for this transparent ploy.

Knock his ass out, King! lol

edit: if this was between fights, Paddy might have been 50 pounds heavier...maybe Green really was keeping his distance! lol
Paddy out of camp is at least a LHW

Gun to my head id probably pick Paddy.

We've seen enough of Green to know what he is. And there's a big sample size of Paddy too, but generally I think he's just better at winning fights than Green.

This is not what wolf tickets means

People need to learn the correct usage of this phrase

If Paddy was to say he was gonna stand and bang with Green when we know really he just wants to grapple, that would be selling wolf tickets.

Asking someone to come and play you at your own game is not selling wolf tickets

I just can't see how Paddy can win this one, his striking is wank and his grappling is mid. Bobby's defensive grappling is better than Paddy's offensive grappling so he should be able to keep it standing via scrambles and piece him up on the feet.

And he's still a solid to good fighter.
Yep. And Paddy Pimblett is better.

Green is a better technical striker with very little power and a shaky chin.

Pimblett is light years better on the ground, and he has legitimate stopping power, as well as a much, much better chin. It might look like Green is winning for a little while until he gets knocked out like he usually does against actual competition.

I just can't see how Paddy can win this one, his striking is wank and his grappling is mid. Bobby's defensive grappling is better than Paddy's offensive grappling so he should be able to keep it standing via scrambles and piece him up on the feet.
Yes however, Bobby just had his brains scrambled hard enough that he changed his name, so I see Paddy stunning him and subbing him. For the record I think Paddy is at most a top 15 fighter, which is still pretty good.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Crazy to see all those UK/irish fighters with brand new teeths. Conor, Till, Meatball, Paddy, kind of a pattern here.

Yes however, Bobby just had his brains scrambled hard enough that he changed his name, so I see Paddy stunning him and subbing him. For the record I think Paddy is at most a top 15 fighter, which is still pretty good.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Being a top 25 fighter usually means you're good with a few glaring issues in your skill set. I wish fighters got more respect. This sport is so damn cumbersome to excel at. It's why some divisions at max have a handful of successful title defenses in a row.

Green finished Tony with like 6 seconds left in the final round, though. I'm not sure I'd use the common opponent of Tony's carcass as evidence of much of anything.
OK, forget the Tony fight, he still arguably lost to Jared Gordon. I just don’t see anyone cracking the lightweight top 10 if they’re struggling against guys at that level.

Bobby is one of those guys that the top fighters will always beat, but he usually feasts on guys that are Jeff Gordon level, which is roughly where I think Patty is.

Being a top 25 fighter usually means you're good with a few glaring issues in your skill set. I wish fighters got more respect. This sport is so damn cumbersome to excel at. It's why some divisions at max have a handful of successful title defenses in a row.
I think one of the issues is that the UFC has so many more fighters than ten years ago that a lot of the skill depth gets lost on people, especially with fighters becoming more well rounded year after year and the visible skill gaps shrinking.
Is Paddy championship material? Hell no. Is he still a pretty good fighter, even though the UFC pushes him and he had that arguable loss against Gordon? Also yes IMO.
Anyone that gets to the UFC is at least not a can in 95% of circumstances, people just forget how hard it is to be great.

Back