Elections On Ferguson, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Told a Terrible Lie

this thread is about what your heroes said about Officer Wilson. not fu*king systemic racism. you want to start a thread about , go right ahead, I"ll be sure to comment. but don't derail this thread with your deflection tactics
Friend, I've tried to keep threads on track by making similar pleas. You may as well not go to the trouble.

Friend, I've tried to keep threads on track by making similar pleas. You may as well not go to the trouble.

yea, I need to back off this thread. I'm on dubbs.

and there's no point (as we've clearly seen in this thread)

the libs and left keep on deflecting and not addressing the point of this fu*king thread and what the dem candidates did.

this thread is about what your heroes said about Officer Wilson. not fu*king systemic racism. you want to start a thread about , go right ahead, I"ll be sure to comment. but don't derail this thread with your deflection tactics
Um, numb nuts, Warren and Harris both mentioned systemic racism and Warren even used that term exactly in her tweet. So how is that a derail when I'm talking about something specifically mentioned in the OP? Dishonest right wingers like you want to pretend that's not a part of the story and focus narrowly on Mike Brown. Sure leftists make it easy by trying to, naively and misguidedly, turn Brown into a martyr. But then the second anyone wants to take the conversation past that people like you want to plug their ears and stop listening.

How is talking about the systemic racism of the FPD derailing the thread? Its clearly related to the fallout from the Mike Brown shooting and its clearly what Warren and Harris are talking about it.

Um, numb nuts, Warren and Harris both mentioned systemic racism and Warren even used that term exactly in her tweet. So how is that a derail when I'm talking about something specifically mentioned in the OP? Dishonest right wingers like you want to pretend that's not a part of the story and focus narrowly on Mike Brown. Sure leftists make it easy by trying to, naively and misguidedly, turn Brown into a martyr. But then the second anyone wants to take the conversation past that people like you want to plug their ears and stop listening.

for the 500th time, this thread is about what your heroes said. they stated a complete lie about Officer Wilson and that incident.

You focus on that, and STOP deflecting. Jesus fucking Christ....have a little self respect.

again, if you want to talk about systemic racism, start a new thread.

yea, I need to back off this thread. I'm on dubbs.

and there's no point (as we've clearly seen in this thread)

the libs and left keep on deflecting and not addressing the point of this fu*king thread and what the dem candidates did.
Derails are bipartisan G dawg, but I hear you

for the 500th time, this thread is about what your heroes said. they stated a complete lie about Officer Wilson and that incident.
Okay then numb nuts, let's see what they said. First Harris
Kamala Harris said:
Michael Brown’s murder forever changed Ferguson and America. His tragic death sparked a desperately needed conversation and a nationwide movement. We must fight for stronger accountability and racial equity in our justice system.
She's not just talking about Mike Brown's death but about the protest movement sparked in his wake that was a reaction to perceived racial injustice. So Harris makes a reference to what I'm talking about. Now let's see what Warren said.
Elizabeth Warren said:
5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.
Well would you look at that, Warren happens to have used the exact same term I did. So again, how am I deflecting when I'm talking about something that is mentioned in both tweets and in one tweet verbatim?

How is talking about the systemic racism of the FPD derailing the thread? Its clearly related to the fallout from the Mike Brown shooting and its clearly what Warren and Harris are talking about it.
For myself, it's a borderline derail; it isn't about the thread subject.
And it is - indirectly- related, but systemic racism isn't the stated thread topic. My opinion wasn't personal to you, just a comment born of prior frustrations.

However, I think the mods do a good job of letting a subject stay focused more or less until the conversation expands organically and not via trolling.

And it is - indirectly- related, but systemic racism isn't the stated thread topic. My opinion wasn't personal to you, just a comment born of prior frustrations.

However, I think the mods do a good job of letting a subject stay focused more or less until the conversation expands organically and not via trolling.
I think the thread subject, like most conversations started by right wingers on Mike Brown, is intentionally narrowly focused to exclude the relevant context that complicates the story of what happened in Ferguson. And if you look at my first post ITT I specifically did condemn calling the killing of Mike Brown a murder. I even praised Cory Booker for using more accurate language relative to Sanders and Warren when it comes to Mike Brown and I respect the latter two far more than the former.

If you or @LogicalInsanity still believe I am derailing then report my post, that's the proper channel for dealing with a derail.

She's not just talking about Mike Brown's death but about the protest movement sparked in his wake that was a reaction to perceived racial injustice. So Harris makes a reference to what I'm talking about. Now let's see what Warren said.

Well would you look at that, Warren happens to have used the exact same term I did. So again, how am I deflecting when I'm talking about something that is mentioned in both tweets and in one tweet verbatim?
I would venture that a discussion about school shootings, for example, might lead to a discussion about violent video games because so and so politicians haven't left the '80s behind and are making a false connection between them.

Again, just loosely talking about what a derail is, and not making assertions.

I think the thread subject, like most conversations started by right wingers on Mike Brown, is intentionally narrowly focused to exclude the relevant context that complicates the story of what happened in Ferguson. And if you look at my first post ITT I specifically did condemn calling the killing of Mike Brown a murder. I even praised Cory Booker for using more accurate language relative to Sanders and Warren when it comes to Mike Brown and I respect the latter two far more than the former.

If you or @LogicalInsanity still believe I am derailing then report my post, that's the proper channel for dealing with a derail.
No need to be upset. This was a naturally occurring side discussion, wasn't it?

I would venture that a discussion about school shootings, for example, might lead to a discussion about violent video games because so and so politicians haven't left the '80s behind and are making a false connection between them.

Again, just loosely talking about what a derail is, and not making assertions.
If the thread is started on the basis of a tweet in which violent video games are mentioned in connection to school shootings then I would say that's absolutely fair game to discuss and not a derail at all.
No need to be upset. This was a naturally occurring side discussion, wasn't it?
I'm not upset, not sure why you think that but okay.

FFS, the word "murder" is clearly the foundation of both statements and the dishonesty of it calls into question everything that follows. It's central to the comments, the leading hand, and can't be ignored. It's not a slip of the tongue but a word with gravity used to lend their statements more weight.

Bullshit sleight of hand. If they were to lead with a mention about the riots then the conversation would have been far less tainted. But no, they went the sensational route of conflation and exploitation for personal gain. Knowingly.

Shame on them for poisoning the well.

you literally can't scream about anybody else lying when you support the fuckin lunatic president. sorry, nobody gives two fucks what you say about anyone else lying about anything else.

you sound like a fucking psycho when you do it. there's a word for it in the english language - it's called hypocrisy. i know, it's the conservative sigil with two dicks touching tips and a little voice bubble saying "i hate gay people" and you literally make people around you puke because it is so nauseating, but it's the lifestyle you chose to lead, so you have to live with it now.

also, michael brown was unnecessarily killed by police, in a long string of black men killed by police unnecessarily. the fact you want to bring this back up again shows just how fucking scared you clowns really are.
Every. Single. Post. I ever see of yours is an expletive filled rant just seething with anger. you need to get help.

FFS, the word "murder" is clearly the foundation of both statements and the dishonesty of it calls into question everything that follows. It's central to the comments, the leading hand, and can't be ignored. It's not a slip of the tongue but a word with gravity used to lend their statements more weight.

Bullshit sleight of hand. If they were to lead with a mention about the riots then the conversation would have been far less tainted. But no, they went the sensational route of conflation and exploitation for personal gain. Knowingly.

Shame on them for poisoning the well.
Yeah and if you read my first comment I said this.
He wasn't murdered and I think its inappropriate pandering to say so
but Mike Brown isn't the entire focus of the issue, his death was the springboard for the wider conversation about systemic racism in policing. And many right wingers like those ITT want to halt the conversation at Mike Brown and ignore the wider one that emerged after his death. You can't talk about all that without mentioning Brown who was the spark of it all though I will admit calling his death "murder" is at best uninformed and ignorant and at worst misleading. But there's far more to it than Mike Brown.

So no, their comment doesn't call into question everything that follows. Because just as there are facts vindicating Officer Wilson there are facts demonstrating the pervasive systemic racism in the FPD and I highly doubt they're the lone racist department in the country. You can ignore all that and narrowly focus on Mike Brown but if you do don't expect me to take you seriously. As I've said before, there's a reason the community didn't believe Officer Wilson's account.

Would you trust the cops if they targeted you for your skin color, systematically violated your constitutional rights, and consistently gave you the short end of the stick whenever they had the discretion to do so? I wouldn't, not until I had evidence like that which was revealed in the 1st DOJ report.

Is "Ferguson" a thing now? Some kind of holiday for the members of the cult of victimhood lmao

Wilson should sue both these dumb ho’s.

Yeah and if you read my first comment I said this.

but Mike Brown isn't the entire focus of the issue, his death was the springboard for the wider conversation about systemic racism in policing. And many right wingers like those ITT want to halt the conversation at Mike Brown and ignore the wider one that emerged after his death. You can't talk about all that without mentioning Brown who was the spark of it all though I will admit calling his death "murder" is at best uninformed and ignorant and at worst misleading. But there's far more to it than Mike Brown.

So no, their comment doesn't call into question everything that follows. Because just as there are facts vindicating Officer Wilson there are facts demonstrating the pervasive systemic racism in the FPD and I highly doubt they're the lone racist department in the country. You can ignore all that and narrowly focus on Mike Brown but if you do don't expect me to take you seriously. As I've said before, there's a reason the community didn't believe Officer Wilson's account.

Would you trust the cops if they targeted you for your skin color, systematically violated your constitutional rights, and consistently gave you the short end of the stick whenever they had the discretion to do so? I wouldn't, not until I had evidence like that which was revealed in the 1st DOJ report.
Sure, then lead with the riots and not base your statement in a blatant lie thereby calling your intentions into question. The appeal to emotion is obvious and dishonest. You can't tell me they didn't know exactly what they were doing and didn't take their cues from MSM sensationalism. If you build something on an unstable foundation the end product will be of questionable quality. Notice how most people focus on the lie and not the message?

How is it a derail when it's literally in the tweet being talked about?
Right wingers always want to have these complicated discussions in the most narrow, shallow way possible just so that it neatly fits the story they have decided to stick with. You don't get to frame the conversation and cherrypick what is and what isn't relevant to the conversation.

How do you solely focus on the word "murder" in the tweet, and just ignore the rest of the words, and the context of the entire tweet? It's a meaningless conversation if you're just going to ignore ALL the facts of the case. (And by all, I mean the facts that you don't like) The Brown case didn't happen in a vacuum. And these tweets weren't just about Brown.

Sure, then lead with the riots and not base your statement in a blatant lie thereby calling your intentions into question. The appeal to emotion is obvious and dishonest. You can't tell me they didn't know exactly what they were doing and didn't take their cues from MSM sensationalism. If you build something on an unstable foundation the end product will be of questionable quality. Notice how most people focus on the lie and not the message?
I don't think they knew exactly what they were doing, I think they honestly believe he was murdered. I guess if one of them is being dishonest I would bet on Harris. Most people form their opinions on an issue early on and stick to it and I think many people bought the "hands up, don't shoot" narrative despite it ultimately being disproved.

I think framing Brown as the victim is wrong both factually and tactically but like I said, he's part and parcel of the story of Ferguson which ended with a report detailing the systemic racism of that PD so its hard to separate Brown from the modern discourse around racial injustice in policing when his death is what sparked the modern protest movement around that issue.

As far as people focusing on the "lie", that's also on them. Anytime Ferguson is brought up the bootlickers pretend the only DOJ report was the one that vindicated Officer Wilson and avoid like the plague the second report that completely vindicated the concerns of the protestors about systemic racism in the police.

Back