Elections On Ferguson, Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris Told a Terrible Lie

They're all disgusting. I love the "unarmed" narrative, too. As if that matters. Like a cop is only allowed to engage you hand-to-hand if you attack without a gun or a knife in your hand. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.
It should. They also have a baton, pepper spray, and tasers.
I'm not unsympathetic to cops. My dad was one in Toronto for 35 years. He never fired at anyone and only rarely had he pulled his firearm from his holster.
Back when he was hired though they had minimum height requirements, you did more hand to hand combat training, higher physical fitness standards. If you were going to fight or resist a cop then it wasn't going to be easy or one-on-one.

Perhaps but if the tweets are still there, after all the widespread reactions, then I think you can safely assume that the candidates have indicated their endorsement the message. And to be clear, I haven’t even checked to see if they’re still online.
I wouldn't assume that until I've heard them address the tweets in person. I think they are so detached from their social media presence that there is a good chance they still have no idea the tweets went up. Welcome to modern politics.

I wouldn't assume that until I've heard them address the tweets in person. I think they are so detached from their social media presence that there is a good chance they still have no idea the tweets went up. Welcome to modern politics.

At a certain point, that benefit of the doubt becomes non-believable. Take Warren for instance. Her average tweet is getting something like a few hundred replies. This one has over thirty five thousand. As important as Twitter has become to the political process, I simply don’t believe this could have failed to rise to the level of her consciousness - and if it hasn’t then that fact itself says something unflattering about her lack of executive experience.

if it hasn’t then that fact itself says something unflattering about her lack of executive experience.
Maybe. I think when a boss outsources PR to a PR firm, a bad tweet becomes more understandable than if the boss is writing his own tweets. So I blame Elizabeth Herring for this, but if she had written it herself I would blame her more. I think you're on to something though: each day that passes makes it slightly more likely that she knows about it and approves of it.

It should. They also have a baton, pepper spray, and tasers.
I'm not unsympathetic to cops. My dad was one in Toronto for 35 years. He never fired at anyone and only rarely had he pulled his firearm from his holster.
Back when he was hired though they had minimum height requirements, you did more hand to hand combat training, higher physical fitness standards. If you were going to fight or resist a cop then it wasn't going to be easy or one-on-one.

Silly. Baton, pepper spray, whatever. They aren't supposed to have to reach for the baton and then realize too late oh wait, this meth head was the marine corps boxing champ for 5 years a decade ago and is kicking the dogshit out of me as they fade to black. That's BS.
Here it used to be "Stop or I'll shoot" and they meant it. They shot your ass for running away. I think the pendulum has swung a bit too far in favor of the criminal already.

But you're right on one thing. The minimum requirements/standards. Cincinnati required 5'11" when that was pretty tall. Many decades ago. Cops were larger than average men. But common sense will only get you so far as we become more "progressive", so...

As I said, I'm not defending Brown because I personally just am not all that familiar with the details of that case.
But to say that Warren and Harris are "lying" implies that they are purposely saying something that is not true. I don't believe that to be true of them. (At least definitely not for Warren...Harris doesn't come across as genuine to me..kind of reminds me of Hillary)

People don't believe the whole account of the story between Brown and the cop, despite whatever evidence showed. And a part of that disbelief is the cops own fault. Black people don't trust cops, and that stems from years of being mistreated by them, and the courts. So it shouldn't be surprising that people see it quite different. When we have video of cops planting evidence , shooting people in the back, blacks getting longer sentences, and bad cops never getting punished, what do we expect?

Your point is valid, a more clear cut case would have been better to use, but the Brown case is what made Ferguson, and what started this conversation on race and police. You cant really have this conversation without talking about where it started. And even if Brown is a criminal, that still doesn't mean that the cop was 100% right, and that that incident couldn't of ended with no one getting killed. People keep trying to explain these incidents AFTER the body hits the floor, when a lot of these cases shouldn't of ever gotten to the point that they did.
Making it all about Brown ignores what the core issue is, and the core issue was how police "serve" certain communities.

Thanks.

This "conversation" has been going on for decades. Ferguson helped flair it up, but that's not where it started. For it to be productive it's better to forget about Brown and start focusing on actual victims, rather than commemorating a strong-arm robber who got killed attacking a cop. But for pandering, he'll do.

EBnUssUXoAEfQXD.jpg:large

Disgusting stuff. Harris and lying sack of shit Warren are the only 2 that actually used the word murdered from what I've seen. Propping up a POS like Michael Brown only hurts your credibility at this point.

Biden's response was legit and presidential. Bernie's wasn't bad either. The rest are hacks.

Biden's response was legit and presidential. Bernie's wasn't bad either. The rest are hacks.
Biden's twitter person says that Michael Brown should be alive today.

That's "legit and presidential"? Why should Michael Brown be alive today?

Biden's twitter person says that Michael Brown should be alive today.

That's "legit and presidential"? Why should Michael Brown be alive today?

Interesting, because for him to be alive he would've had to be successful in killing Officer Darren Wilson.

We must not forget how disgusting this was...

Making it all about Brown ignores what the core issue is, and the core issue was how police "serve" certain communities.

Agreed, Brown shouldn't be talked about at all. The case for reforming police departments can be made without making a martyr out of someone who put his hands on a convenience store clerk's throat before robbing him and trying to steal a cop's gun.

Agreed, Brown shouldn't be talked about at all. The case for reforming police departments can be made without making a martyr out of someone who put his hands on a convenience store clerk's throat before robbing him and trying to steal a cop's gun.
It shouldn't be about Brown, it should be about the FPD. While the first DOJ report vindicated Officer Wilson the second one vindicated the concerns of the protestors. Its no accident that the community was not predisposed to believe Officer Wilson.

Thanks.

This "conversation" has been going on for decades. Ferguson helped flair it up, but that's not where it started. For it to be productive it's better to forget about Brown and start focusing on actual victims, rather than commemorating a strong-arm robber who got killed attacking a cop. But for pandering, he'll do.
SOME people have been having this conversation, while a lot of other people have been ignoring it, or won't even admit that there is a problem....still. It was a string of incidents along with things like bodycams and social media that have forced EVERYONE to at the very least acknowledge it. It started with the Trayvon Martin case, and then really took off with Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, and Mike Brown.. all the latter ones happened in the same year. Ferguson happened, and that's when BLM got more news coverage. This stuff was never talked about like it has been now, and if it were, it'd be pretty pathetic if decades of talk led to no changes. (there was of course Rodney King, but thats another story)

To be productive, people need to stop looking at the bullshit as the central issue here. Even if I were to just agree that Brown is 100% a scum criminal, that doesn't address what the real issue is. Just because Brown wasn't an angel, doesn't make the cop the angel. How police police is the problem. Why certain communities have higher crime and less opportunities than other communities is the problem.
I wish they didn't make Brown the face of this, it isn't helpful, but it also isn't the point. It's a not movement for Brown.

And whether or not someone stole something, or has a criminal record is not a justification for them to get shot and killed by the police. That's what these "conversations" keep getting devolved into. "He was a piece of shit/criminal, so fuck him" That's not for the cops to decide. That's why we have rights, laws, and courts.

They don't care. They had Mike Brown's Mom at the DNC convention in 2016. They just keep parroting the same lie to keep the narrative going. Really is sickening how they use this debunked case to garner hatred for the police and garner support from the ignorant.

Reminds me of the Covington Kids situation. Despite all the evidence, rabid leftists still hold on to their prejudices over the actual facts.
Funny, it reminds me of the Central Park 5 situation.

SOME people have been having this conversation, while a lot of other people have been ignoring it, or won't even admit that there is a problem....still. It was a string of incidents along with things like bodycams and social media that have forced EVERYONE to at the very least acknowledge it. It started with the Trayvon Martin case, and then really took off with Tamir Rice, Eric Garner, and Mike Brown.. all the latter ones happened in the same year. Ferguson happened, and that's when BLM got more news coverage. This stuff was never talked about like it has been now, and if it were, it'd be pretty pathetic if decades of talk led to no changes. (there was of course Rodney King, but thats another story)

To be productive, people need to stop looking at the bullshit as the central issue here. Even if I were to just agree that Brown is 100% a scum criminal, that doesn't address what the real issue is. Just because Brown wasn't an angel, doesn't make the cop the angel. How police police is the problem. Why certain communities have higher crime and less opportunities than other communities is the problem.
I wish they didn't make Brown the face of this, it isn't helpful, but it also isn't the point. It's a not movement for Brown.

And whether or not someone stole something, or has a criminal record is not a justification for them to get shot and killed by the police. That's what these "conversations" keep getting devolved into. "He was a piece of shit/criminal, so fuck him" That's not for the cops to decide. That's why we have rights, laws, and courts.

I mostly disagree and don't wish to argue about it. One thing there does appear to be consensus on is bodycams. Both cops and the public are being protected by them.

Back