Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staredown Fighting Championship! Great name for an org.

I'd like to patent some more:
- Weigh In Fighting Championship
- Press Conference Fighting Championship
- Official Decision Fighting Championship
- Fighters Introduction Fighting Championship
- Training Camp Fighting Championship
- Referee Stoppage Fighting Championship
- Break Between Rounds Fighting Championsip

I hope none of these are taken yet?

Watch yourself.... I'm sure Dana has at least 6 of those trademarked....

Sad to admit, but I haven't really paid that much attention to Lipski's fights, I mean, I've watched a couple of them but not really with an eye to detail. Saw some wonky things in the above training clip so I went back and watched some of her fights again. There are concerns.

Her kicks need work and her defence is questionable. She gets away with it since she has the hand speed & power to melt most of her opponents with punches, but when they don't go away she gets hit clean in the face a lot. It's very Chute Boxey, she depends too much on her aggression to scare off her opponents and panic them into bad positions. She has the speed & athleticism to make it work against most lower and mid-tier fighters, but IMO it's going to get her in trouble against the crafty vets who can keep their composure. Fortunately for her, there aren't many of those at flyweight yet.

Assuming JoJo is slightly improved from her last fight and Lipski doesn't get a bad case of the Octagon jitters, she should be able to run over Calderwood with her speed & aggression. JoJo gets backed straight into the fence by anyone who tries and gets stuck there looking lost. I think Lipski can do that to her and either melt her with strikes or take her down and finish her on the ground.
going to be interesting to see how Lipski does against higher level competition. she's still very young, hopefully she can iron out her flaws in time before the flyweight divison becomes more stacked.

Oh?

Edit:
http://invictafc.com/2019/01/16/van...lyweight-title-fight-headlines-invicta-fc-34/

Card so far :

Flyweight Title: Vanessa Porto (20-8) vs. Pearl Gonzalez (9-3)
Flyweight Tournament Semifinal: Milana Dudieva (12-7) vs. Brogan Walker-Sanchez (6-0)
Flyweight Tournament Semifinal: DeAnna Bennett (9-4-1) vs. Miranda Maverick (4-1)
Flyweight: Tracy Cortez (4-1) vs. Karina Rodriguez (6-3)
Featherweight: Faith McMah (Van Duin) (6-3) vs. Helena Kolesnyk (5-2, 1 NC)

Last edited:
It’s a semi final to win a title shot, according to the article on Invicta’s page.

Yea I see the full mini tournament now.

Pretty cool to have some sort of momentum. More fights stated as #1 contender fights would be ok too. Commentary is always very wishy-washy regarding the stakes.

Staredown Fighting Championship! Great name for an org.

I'd like to patent some more:
- Weigh In Fighting Championship
- Press Conference Fighting Championship
- Official Decision Fighting Championship
- Fighters Introduction Fighting Championship
- Training Camp Fighting Championship
- Referee Stoppage Fighting Championship
- Break Between Rounds Fighting Championsip

I hope none of these are taken yet?

They should be available. More for consideration.
Dubious Investors Inc.
Martial Arts Retirement League
New App FC
Rough Weight Cut MMA
Cross-Marketing Platform Promotions

Pretty cool to have some sort of momentum. More fights stated as #1 contender fights would be ok too. Commentary is always very wishy-washy regarding the stakes.

If rankings are to be taken seriously, tournaments should be held much more often. Hopefully they do more of this.

Ariane Lipski getting that Dana White push now. The UFC is doing a lot of things bad but one thing I love is that they are not afraid to get behind WMMA. Most of the young new fighters being pushed have been female if you think about it. Outside of O'Malley and Isreal I can't think of another young new guy who got pushed since Sage. In the last few months alone we got Maycee, Ariane, Viana, Tatiana and Dern off the top of my head.

Edit: For all the people who say the UFC only push blondes I just noticed that none of them are blonde.

Ariane Lipski getting that Dana White push now. The UFC is doing a lot of things bad but one thing I love is that they are not afraid to get behind WMMA. Most of the young new fighters being pushed have been female if you think about it. Outside of O'Malley and Isreal I can't think of another young new guy who got pushed since Sage. In the last few months alone we got Maycee, Ariane, Viana, Tatiana and Dern off the top of my head.

Edit: For all the people who say the UFC only push blondes I just noticed that none of them are blonde.

Doesn’t hurt that all the fighters you mentioned are (fairly) easy on the eyes.

Are you saying if Vanessa Porto wins the Invicta title we shouldn't expect the customary UFC deal?

Possibly not, despite an amazing pedigree. Hell, she went the distance with Cyborg years ago. She is truly a "fight anybody" sort of person.

Probably has alot to do with their ufc deal, don't want to overcommit promising matches leading to other matches when anyone can get called up on a good run to ufc.

Sad to admit, but I haven't really ... I think Lipski can do that to her and either melt her with strikes or take her down and finish her on the ground.

Okay. You've convinced me. I'm going with Lipski.

Martial Arts Retirement League

So...Bellator?

Possibly not, despite an amazing pedigree. Hell, she went the distance with Cyborg years ago. She is truly a "fight anybody" sort of person.

Indeed. And I bet Porto was 25+ pounds lighter than Cyborg in that fight.

Jarl

Okay. You've convinced me. I'm going with Lipski.
Jarl

It's a tough call for me, because a lot of my assumptions could be wrong. At first I was pretty sure Lipski would win but right now I'm pretty close to 50/50. On paper Lipski has most of the advantages but octagon jitters are real and she's not like Joanna or the Shevchenko sisters who have like 100+ fights and are unaffected by pressure.

TJ: 'This fight has consequences for the entire division.'
Julie: 'It sure does TJ!'

Last edited:
It's a tough call for me, because a lot of my assumptions could be wrong. At first I was pretty sure Lipski would win but right now I'm pretty close to 50/50. On paper Lipski has most of the advantages but octagon jitters are real and she's not like Joanna or the Shevchenko sisters who have like 100+ fights and are unaffected by pressure.

Ariane's done well in front of some big crowds for KSW. One was in a stadium. We'll soon see!

If this multiple belt nonsense doesn’t end someone is going to die from weight cutting.
What’s next? Joanna at 105?

If this multiple belt nonsense doesn’t end someone is going to die from weight cutting.
What’s next? Joanna at 105?

She is just having fun trolling people.

Status
Not open for further replies.