Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
those mexican drug/supplement stores probably has a lot of dirty stuff. looking forward to when UFC has their "approved supplements list" ready, hopefully soon
the approved supplements list is no different to what has been in place for three years

The "list" has basically been there for three years already

UFC have told them from the start to use supplements third party tested by NFS or Informed Choice

the new "list" is just UFC picking one of those two bodies and officially recognising them

but, for two years they have told them to buy NFS or IC, this will just be the same, fighters have ignored the list for the last three years, they will continue to do so

Any fighter who knowingly chooses a supplement not on the easily accessible list(s) is truly dumb.

Any fighter who knowingly chooses a supplement not on the easily accessible list(s) is truly dumb.
I hate to keep saying this, but again, we’re talking about people who take blows to the head for a living. The Golden Shill has said on more than one occasion that when asked what products are approved by USADA, and he tells them “nothing but there are third party.....” he says they stop listening. Also, when you have supplement companies willing to pay you to use their product, and most of these guys don’t make shit, it’s hard to turn down money on top of free products.

For no reason at all here's Ji Yeon Kim kickboxing some dude in 2011.

I forgot to say earlier that I been hearing rumors that Maycee will be fighting JJ Aldrich. I am not sure how true it is yet but just saying what I been hearing.

Last edited:
I knew even before looking at the list that Yabushita would be #1; she continued to fight long after she should have stopped.

I just wrote (well...it was a week or so ago) about how talks about the WMMA GOAT had to include women with 20+ wins, as that was kind of still a rare thing. This list confirms my suspicions.

Jarl

P.S. Above list seems to be missing Yuka Tsuji and Miku Matsumoto

The list is actually missing the record holder Masako Yoshida with 44 fights. The list I used was made up of mostly of currently active fighters so a lot of the retired Japanese fighters got lost in the mix. WINDY and Jin Tang are both not on the list as well.

1st March

suspension starts 31/8 ends 28/2

she does get the benefit of 3 days less because of February being a short month
It's weird this positive test moved maia up the ufc rankings rather than had her removed. #11 fly contender now writers must be associating her with Jones.

<36>

This reminds me that a couple days ago someone asked Cindy when her next fight was and if it would be in Bellator and her answer made it sound like she was not actually signed to Bellator. Her answer made it seem like she was on one of those local fighters deals.

Not too many Nobel Prize candidates step into the ring or cage.
Eh, there are/were some fighters with rather sophisticated academic backgrounds.
Not sure if any of them ever pissed hot tho...

But anyway, it's not like academic brightness would always protect from making dumb decisions in everyday life.

Eh, there are/were some fighters with rather sophisticated academic backgrounds.
Not sure if any of them ever pissed hot tho...

But anyway, it's not like academic brightness would always protect from making dumb decisions in everyday life.

No, but I thought the context of my post was fairly obvious. As someone who spent a fair amount of time getting hit in the damn head, it is a reason for questioning one's decision making process.

This reminds me that a couple days ago someone asked Cindy when her next fight was and if it would be in Bellator and her answer made it sound like she was not actually signed to Bellator. Her answer made it seem like she was on one of those local fighters deals.

Staredown Fighting Championship! Great name for an org.

I'd like to patent some more:
- Weigh In Fighting Championship
- Press Conference Fighting Championship
- Official Decision Fighting Championship
- Fighters Introduction Fighting Championship
- Training Camp Fighting Championship
- Referee Stoppage Fighting Championship
- Break Between Rounds Fighting Championsip

I hope none of these are taken yet?

No, but I thought the context of my post was fairly obvious. As someone who spent a fair amount of time getting hit in the damn head, it is a reason for questioning one's decision making process.
Yeah, but I still don't think this (usually) is a lack of intelligence/diminished mental capability thing.
A lot of non-fighter people make bad decisions all the time, despite being of average or above-average intelligence and not having suffered any head trauma.

Has Cindy learned how to throw punches by now?

Looks like the Four Horsewomen are still a thing... but now in pro-wrestling rather than MMA.
Well... they did name themselves after pro-wrestlers (The Four Horsemen).
And Ronda took the "Rowdy" nickname from a pro-wrestler ("Rowdy" Roddy Piper).
And even back when Ronda was still undefeated in the UFC, they would post video clips of themselves acting out pro-wrestling scenarios for the fun of it.

Looks like the Four Horsewomen are still a thing... but now in pro-wrestling rather than MMA.
And even back when Ronda was still undefeated in the UFC, they would post video clips of themselves acting out pro-wrestling scenarios for the fun of it.

Is that Duke on the left? When has she gone (light) blonde?

And that 4 Horsewomen thing has always been cringey as hell.

Is that Duke on the left? When has she gone (light) blonde?
I wouldn't have recognized her from the photo, but considering that this is from her Instagram account with #TheHorsewomen and #4HW I assume that it must be Duke on the left.

This is the second picture of Duke that I see and know that it's her.

Guess what the first picture was :)

Sad to admit, but I haven't really paid that much attention to Lipski's fights, I mean, I've watched a couple of them but not really with an eye to detail. Saw some wonky things in the above training clip so I went back and watched some of her fights again. There are concerns.

Her kicks need work and her defence is questionable. She gets away with it since she has the hand speed & power to melt most of her opponents with punches, but when they don't go away she gets hit clean in the face a lot. It's very Chute Boxey, she depends too much on her aggression to scare off her opponents and panic them into bad positions. She has the speed & athleticism to make it work against most lower and mid-tier fighters, but IMO it's going to get her in trouble against the crafty vets who can keep their composure. Fortunately for her, there aren't many of those at flyweight yet.

Assuming JoJo is slightly improved from her last fight and Lipski doesn't get a bad case of the Octagon jitters, she should be able to run over Calderwood with her speed & aggression. JoJo gets backed straight into the fence by anyone who tries and gets stuck there looking lost. I think Lipski can do that to her and either melt her with strikes or take her down and finish her on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.