Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Road FC atomweights Jeong-Eun Park and So-Hee Lim are traveling to China this weekend for Chinese KungFu Championships.
KakaoTalk_20190117_113245046.jpg

Park is taking on Julia, while Lim takes on takes on Liu Xiaoni.
KakaoTalk_20190117_130140997.jpg

No clue what the rule set is, doubtful it's mma.

Invicta vet Ediane Gomes (11-4) makes her MMA return against Roberta Somad (Roberta Paim Rovel) (4-1) for Atlas Fights on March 2nd. Gomes hasn't fought since beating Pam Sorensen in May of 2017. She tried out for the FW TUF but didn't get picked. She's had a very difficult time finding anyone to fight her at Featherweight. If she wins this, she really wants the opportunity to fight Cris Cyborg. Honestly she might be a good person to throw into the PFL Lightweight tournament too.

Last edited:
Road FC atomweights Jeong-Eun Park and So-Hee Lim are traveling to China this weekend for Chinese KungFu Championships.

CKF's rule set was mma in a ring with time-limited groundfighting a few years ago. I don't know current ruleset though.

KakaoTalk_20190117_113245046.jpg

Park is taking on Julia, while Lim takes on takes on Liu Xiaoni.

Weili Zhang's earliest fights I could find on video are from CKF (and they are counted on her record by tapology & fight finder). As teddy078 mentioned there were just very fast stand ups (like 10-15 seconds). Seems a bit like a way to ease kickbox/sanda people into mma.

I hate the way some Chinese promotions name foreigners. "Julia" is super helpful for figuring out who Lim is fighting:rolleyes:. There was a recent atomweight kickboxing tournament in WLF that Candy Wu won, and they refer to the Thai lady in the opening round as just "Lisa" (it's already hard enough figuring out Thai names, you motherfuckers).

--------------------------------------------------------

Asha Roka had previously said she didn't care about mma was just taking fights in between boxing (which was frustrating after watching her tap a Dennis Hallman blue belt), so this is somewhat interesting. Also in other posts saw her suggesting that she can make atomweight still.

(reason for out of blue Asha Roka post; she randomly followed me on twitter so I was reading through her timeline)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Coming soon to Combate America’s:

Invicta vet Ediane Gomes (11-4) makes her MMA return against Roberta Somad (Roberta Paim Rovel) (4-1) for Atlas Fights on March 2nd. Gomes hasn't fought since beating Pam Sorensen in May of 2017. She tried out for the FW TUF but didn't get picked. She's had a very difficult time finding anyone to fight her at Featherweight. If she wins this, she really wants the opportunity to fight Cris Cyborg. Honestly she might be a good person to throw into the PFL Lightweight tournament too.

This is a misleading way of presenting her. Gomes very barely beat Sorensen, is 38 years old, has very limited skills, could easily make 135 if she got in shape, and was utterly decimated by every good 135 pounder she faced as well as losing a clear decision to Raquel Pa'aluhi who was 24 and not even as good as she is NOW.

Her best victory was a decision against Leslie Smith all the way back in 2011.

I wouldn't have accepted her on TUF either given her limited upside and accomplishments.

The idea of her being any kind of match for Cyborg is laughable. I'm not even sure she would make sense for the PFL Lightweight tournament unless they are absolutely desperate; she looks woefully out of shape at 145. I can't imagine how she bad she would look at 155.

Zoila Frausto should stay retired; modern WMMA is completely different now than back in the early 2010's when she was in her heyday.

On the flipside, she is facing an opponent who is essentially a flyweight, only a year younger than her, and not exactly the creme de la creme, so I guess she is aware of her own limitations.

Avert thy eyes, @leto1776. Cejudo is drilling Alexa in every position.
Leaked on tape and with a fitting soundtrack to boot...

Last edited:

I’m not as hyped on Alexa after I found out she’s dating some Lobo chump.

Besides, I’m a true Sherdogger. I fear no flyweight manlet.

I’m not as hyped on Alexa after I found out she’s dating some Lobo chump.

hm4W9.gif

He's just keeping your seat warm br0.

No surprise (other than that there are male fighters at lobo?!) but please identify this jabroni so we can post gifs of his upcoming brutal KO loss (simply because we fight fans love KOs and no other reason, of course :) )

After watching JoJo vs Calvillo, I think JoJo has little chance against Lipski. JoJo had no footwork and no headmovement, Calvillo hit her with combo over and over again. If JoJo fights like that against Lipski, Lipski would put her to sleep unless USADA takes away her striking power.

This is a misleading way of presenting her. Gomes very barely beat Sorensen, is 38 years old, has very limited skills, could easily make 135 if she got in shape, and was utterly decimated by every good 135 pounder she faced as well as losing a clear decision to Raquel Pa'aluhi who was 24 and not even as good as she is NOW.

Her best victory was a decision against Leslie Smith all the way back in 2011.

I wouldn't have accepted her on TUF either given her limited upside and accomplishments.

The idea of her being any kind of match for Cyborg is laughable. I'm not even sure she would make sense for the PFL Lightweight tournament unless they are absolutely desperate; she looks woefully out of shape at 145. I can't imagine how she bad she would look at 155.

I'm literally only stating facts. She won the fight in the judges eyes. Honestly that Sorensen fight was 2 years ago and I don't have any knowledge of it. I personally agree with the decision to keep her off TUF because she was already in her late 30's and her English isn't great, but you can't say that the cast that they fielded were any better than her. And let's be honest. PFL is going to be desperate to find ANYONE with a decent record for that 155 tournament and she's stated she'd like to fight Harrison so I think there's a pretty good chance we see her in it. If she can't beat Paim, then she won't deserve to be in that tournament. I guess if a supposed mediocre fighter has to lose any fights, it's better to lose to the female GOAT and two other top all time bantamweights. The fact is no one has wanted to fight her at 145. If you think the division is shallow in UFC and Bellator, you should see how shallow it is on the regional scene outside of Invictas handful of fighters.

After watching JoJo vs Calvillo, I think JoJo has little chance against Lipski. JoJo had no footwork and no headmovement, Calvillo hit her with combo over and over again. If JoJo fights like that against Lipski, Lipski would put her to sleep unless USADA takes away her striking power.

JoJo is a very hot-and-cold fighter, she looked garbage for several fights then went out and annihilated Letorneau looking great in the process. Then vs Calvillo she was very meh.

I think that's due to her mental issues (most obvious vs Moroz) and she seems to be more contented than ever before right now, so...? I wouldn't be very shocked if she looked good again here.

A lot of people are predicting Lipski will destroy Calderwood but apart from Calderwood's ability to surprise, it's also hard for me to be too sold on Lipski just yet when her record looks like: Can 1, Can 2, Can 3, etc.
So I'll wait until after she KTFO's Calderwood with style in the 1st before telling everyone I knew that would happen ;)

JoJo is a very hot-and-cold fighter, she looked garbage for several fights then went out and annihilated Letorneau looking great in the process. Then vs Calvillo she was very meh.

I think that's due to her mental issues (most obvious vs Moroz) and she seems to be more contented than ever before right now, so...? I wouldn't be very shocked if she looked good again here.

Or maybe it's just that Jo Jo isn't able to fight well at 115 lbs. any more.
Letourneau was at 125 lbs. The fights before that were at 115 lbs.
Calvillo was at 115 lbs.
Jo Jo is 2-0 at 125 lbs.

Ariane's done well in front of some big crowds for KSW. One was in a stadium. We'll soon see!
yeah, at KSW 39 she fought in front of 57000 fans, one of the largest mma crowds ever

Why is Grasso wasting her time with that? Wrestling is the most over-rated skill in MMA. She should be training Muay Thai.

Jarl

So yeah....

At LFA

Yes a broken retainer.

Also on the card....

So yeah....

At LFA

Yes a broken retainer.

I'm not even sure what the hell retainer is supposed to mean in this context. Aren't they supposed to be wearing a mouth guard to fight? In any case, they mentioned later in the broadcast that her jaw was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.