Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calvillo was at 115 lbs.

Not according to JoJo, he he.... (obligatory weight joke)

But anyway, while she has looked much better at 125 than 115 of late (even with the failed cut for Calvillo fight), I think it's more about the mental side than the cuts *points to his armchair psychology degree* that makes her look so much better - while both of course contribute, the times her head has been unscrewed just have happened to be the times she has fought at 125 in the UFC. Seems like the good JoJo trend is ongoing though, based on the buildup to the Lipski fight.

Hopefully they both bring it. Chances are that this is gonna be damn good as long as "someone" is not submitted in the first 45 seconds :) GoJoJo!

Cejudo is drilling Alexa in every position.

I'm just pretending to be quoting this solely to irritate @leto1776 :D

<PandaHi75>

But yeah, I think the last time Grasso/Cejudo was posted about, I mentioned that absolutely nothing but good things can happen from her training with Henry. You have holes, you fill them with the best man available to you... (wait, did that come out wrong?)

Not according to JoJo, he he.... (obligatory weight joke)

But anyway, while she has looked much better at 125 than 115 of late (even with the failed cut for Calvillo fight), I think it's more about the mental side than the cuts *points to his armchair psychology degree* that makes her look so much better - while both of course contribute, the times her head has been unscrewed just have happened to be the times she has fought at 125 in the UFC. Seems like the good JoJo trend is ongoing though, based on the buildup to the Lipski fight.

Hopefully they both bring it. Chances are that this is gonna be damn good as long as "someone" is not submitted in the first 45 seconds :) GoJoJo!
I believe that I recall Jo Jo saying, a long time back, that a happy fighter is a dangerous fighter.
Well, currently, Jo Jo is happily in love.
That should make her dangerous, by the above criterion.

I havent really thought of that before now but both Jojo and Ariane are in relationships with their headcoaches.
I’m kind of laughing through all of this.

“JoJo does really well when she’s happy.”

“JoJo seems really happy right now. That’s when she does her best.”

“JoJo is dating her head coach at Syndicate.”

Seems JoJo is happy and does her best when she’s getting the tube steak special from her coach, then. Seems she started falling apart when she stopped getting the D from the Stinky Ninjas guy.

I’m kind of laughing through all of this.
“JoJo does really well when she’s happy.”
“JoJo seems really happy right now. That’s when she does her best.”
“JoJo is dating her head coach at Syndicate.”
Seems JoJo is happy and does her best when she’s getting the tube steak special from her coach, then. Seems she started falling apart when she stopped getting the D from the Stinky Ninjas guy.

Alot of the girls are like that, not necessarilly just in fighting or sports in general.
It´s all about getting the special attention, feeling special, and to some extent feeling like you are ahead of the rest of the team.

I cant tell how many times I heard about fighters complaining they are not getting the attention they believe they deserve in whatever team they are in.
And honestly, about 75% of the time if not more it comes from the girls.

Small words of encouragement go a long long way when dealing with female talent, and its not something thrown around alot in mma gyms.

Just watched Penne vs Ellis for the nostalgia factor. Good lord. The canvas afterward would be enough to make a blood spatter expert quit their job.

Alot of the girls are like that, not necessarilly just in fighting or sports in general.
It´s all about getting the special attention, feeling special, and to some extent feeling like you are ahead of the rest of the team.

I cant tell how many times I heard about fighters complaining they are not getting the attention they believe they deserve in whatever team they are in.
And honestly, about 75% of the time if not more it comes from the girls.

Small words of encouragement go a long long way when dealing with female talent, and its not something thrown around alot in mma gyms.

I agree with what you’re saying, as wrestling was the same way, however, big difference between some words of encouragement, and getting dicked down by your coach.

I agree with what you’re saying, as wrestling was the same way, however, big difference between some words of encouragement, and getting dicked down by your coach.

I think maybe "words of encouragement" was not the right expression for what I was thinking now that you mentioned, I was thinking more about positive feedback.
Some positive feedback goes a long way in keeping the girls heads above water.

And this is one of two major factors I see in why so few mma teams are able to keep a strong roster of female fighters.

The other is the hability of the head coach or someone in a leadership role of keeping the group together. With a big group of women (specially young women) drama eventually will arrive, there is no way around it, someone will say something that will rub someone the wrong way and bang there goes your team. Most if not all headcoaches are men, and the hability to deal with this kind of situation is not something most men have.

If you have a big enough team just keeping your girls off each others throats can be a full time job.

With a big group of women (specially young women) drama eventually will arrive, there is no way around it,

Not that there is any shortage of drama clusterfucks caused by full sausagefests in MMA. Am I making a point of some sort? Not sure.

I think maybe "words of encouragement" was not the right expression for what I was thinking now that you mentioned, I was thinking more about positive feedback.

And this is one of two major factors I see in why so few mma teams are able to keep a strong roster of female fighters.

The other is the hability of the head coach or someone in a leadership role of keeping the group together. With a big group of women (specially young women) drama eventually will arrive, there is no way around it, someone will say something that will rub someone the wrong way and bang there goes your team. Most if not all headcoaches are men, and the hability to deal with this kind of situation is not something most men have.

If you have a big enough team just keeping your girls off each others throats can be a full time job.

If by full time job you mean "pain the fucking ass" then we completely agree.

So-Hee Lim won her fight at the Chinese KungFu Championships. No word yet on Jeong-Eun Park.

Also, Karina Rodriguez is looking for Sponsors for her fight next month. If I had the extra scratch, I’d pay to put my channel’s logo on her poster or outfit.

So if VanZant loses tonight, does she get cut? I know the UFC in the past has followed the three losses in a row and you're out rule.

Not that there is any shortage of drama clusterfucks caused by full sausagefests in MMA. Am I making a point of some sort? Not sure.
For sure there is drama with the male fighters, but the big thing is, those coaches know how to deal with and fix sausagefest drama.

Again, big difference between positive feedback, and doing best whenever you’re getting dicked down by your coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.