Official UFN 74 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
looked through silva's record and all his wins are against guys that has been finished a bunch of times.. story has only been finished once by maia. also noticed out of his 23 fights he only fought 2 times in usa.. brown(loss) Brenneman(win)

i like story alot in this fight.. was very surprised he is not a bigger favorit.

Last edited:
some good future bets on bookmaker if you want to tie up your money until next year lol

if i had an extra thousand or two laying around id place some pretty big bets. i think these odds are all very good

juventus only -139 to win the league and its easy to hedge. they just sold 3 starters but still. to win 3u
bayern to win the league -829 easy 1u though lol
wolfsburg to finish top 4 -263!! would do this to win 4 or 5u this a great bet IMO, if they keep their form theyll finish 2nd again. itll prob be 1. bayern then wolfsburg/dortmund/monchengladbach/leverkeusen/schalke fighting for the other 3 spots..Great odds!!
roma top 3 -118. to win 1u
would take a stab at BVB winning the europa league at +900

Only team I see Juventus losing it to is Roma and I give that maybe a 10% chance? Lol they are crazy odds and even though they sold stars they still have the best team by far.

I'm only Roma to win league without juventus @ +200

I actually think E.Silva beats Story, and i think Burkman will take care of Cote who i think is awful and only way he wins is by robbery.

Betting Oliveira too, i know people are really high on Holloway after the last fight but i think he will have problems with Oliveiras style.

I'm thinking on betting big on Holloway just to recoup my losses from getting raped this month. Thoughts? :)

looked through silva's record and all his wins are against guys that has been finished a bunch of times.. story has only been finished once by maia. also noticed out of his 23 fights he only fought 2 times in usa.. brown(loss) Brenneman(win)

i like story alot in this fight.. was very surprised he is not a bigger favorit.

How does Story deal with pressure fighters though?

Might have to go all in on Holloway. I just don't see how he will lose.

I wouldn't do that. Holloway has looked amazing recently but most of his opponents have been happy to try and contend with Holloway in the striking where he's in his element.

Oliveria will be looking to clinch up and drag this to the ground and he's more than confident in his ground game to pull guard if needs be. Holloways ground game has looked better of late than when he was a fish out of water against Poirer and got taken down at will and controlled by McGregor, but I've no doubt in my mind that Oliveira is the better grappler and can submit Holloway.

Max works best when his opponents will be content trying to strike with him. He's fantastic at controlling the distance and working angles to dominate the stand-up, but Oliveira isn't that type of fighter. He's going to be looking to clinch up with Max at most opportunities, throw some knees and elbows and get it to the ground with his underrated takedowns from the clinch.

Both push a really good pace so cardio shouldn't be much of a factor, but if Oliveira can get it down he's shown that he goes an incredible pace in terms of grappling. He's always doing something, be it throwing strikes on top or off of his back, advancing position or working submissions. If there is much grappling in this, I expect Holloway to slow down quicker than Oliveira just purely due to grappling generally being considered more taxing and Oliveria being used to grappling at his frantic pace, and especially if Holloway finds himself having to fight out of chokes on occasion.

If he remains a decent sized underdog I'll be on Oliveira come fight night. Max has looked outstanding recently but Oliveira absolutely has a path to victory here. He's an intelligent guy and knows his strengths and I can't see him coming out and trying to duke it out with Holloway on the feet. Unlike Max's previous opponents he'll be actively hunting the takedown via the clinch from the off and won't be discouraged if he doesn't get it first time around. Either way I don't think Max will given the time and space to get his rhythm down and dictate the fight.

How does Story deal with pressure fighters though?

he beat alves and hendricks and as far i remember his fights with pyle and gastelum could easily have gone the other way.. i just dont see silva finishing story and after round 1 he is always in zombie mode.. i see story surviving the storm and getting the finish in round 2 or 3

Damn, +235 Woodley. Love this line.

I'm no groundhog expert, but something tells me that line is probably going to be a lot closer come fight time.

I still don't see Hendro as a markedly better fighter than the guy that arguably lost to Pierce and Kos (I firmly believe Koscheck was the winner in that fight), and I see Woodley as not too dissimilar of a wrestler-boxer type of fighter as those two guys were, and I could easily foresee a scenario where this fight is another very closely matched fight where Hendro gets neutralized by a wrestler he can't control and it goes to a close decision.

Even if you're not picking T-Wood, I still think getting money in on him now is still a good bet, because I think you'll probably get a chance to arb out later, if you want it.

But then again, I'm deadass wrong on damn near all of my line movement predictions..

Locked in a bet for o1.5 rds Holloway vs Oliveira at -205. Expect that to be close to -260 come fight time.

he beat alves and hendricks and as far i remember his fights with pyle and gastelum could easily have gone the other way.. i just dont see silva finishing story and after round 1 he is always in zombie mode.. i see story surviving the storm and getting the finish in round 2 or 3

Plus E Silva is only good in Brazil.

Story is out and is replaced by Neil Magny.

Sucks, Story was my most confident bet thus far. I have no idea which way to go now.

Ah, that sucks. I was really happy about the Story line and had just put 5u on him last night.

I think Silva can close the distance easily on Magny and finish him rd1. Magny, despite his run and all, still never developed great distance control. And that's the only way he can succeed. Curious what the line will be, but tempted to go Silva rd1.

Can someone remind me how Kos was doing against Silva before he got caught? I thought I remembered him doing better than expected. Anyway, I think Magny has the tools to drag this one out if he can survive the first round. I like a Magny decision here. Wonder what Silva no scorecards will look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back