Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
Anthony Joshua faces Oleksandr Usyk for a second time.

Can Anthony Joshua become the world heavyweight champion for a third time?

Standing in his way is Oleksandr Usyk and the pair know each other well after sharing the ring last September at a packed Tottenham Hotspur. On that night, Usyk was victorious as he dominated Joshua from the early stages.

Can Joshua gain revenge with Robert Garcia now part of his team or will Usyk be successful again?

Here is everything you need to know about Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua 2.

OLEKSANDR USYK VS. ANTHONY JOSHUA 2 FIGHT DATE, START TIME
Date: Saturday, August 20
Time: 12:00 pm EST/18:00 CET
Main event ringwalks (approx): TBA

The main card is scheduled to get underway at 12:00 pm EST/18:00 CET with main event ringwalks is TBA. These timings could change due to the length of the undercard bouts.

WHAT CHANNEL/STREAM IS OLEKSANDR USYK VS. ANTHONY JOSHUA 2
United States: DAZN
Everywhere but the U.S.: DAZN (excluding the UK, Ireland, MENA and Ukraine)

You can watch Usyk vs. Joshua 2 in the United States with your DAZN subscription. Outside the States (excluding the UK, Ireland, MENA and Ukraine), you can also watch the fight with your DAZN subscription.

WHERE IS THE OLEKSANDR USYK VS. ANTHONY JOSHUA 2 FIGHT?
The fight takes place at the Jeddah Superdome in Saudi Arabia

ANTHONY JOSHUA RECORD AND BIO
Nationality: British
Born: October 15th, 1989
Height: 6' 6"
Reach: 82"
Total fights: 26
Record: 24-2 with 22 knockouts

OLEKSANDR USYK RECORD AND BIO
Nationality: Ukrainian
Born: January 17, 1987
Height: 6' 3"
Reach: 78"
Total fights: 19
Record: 19-0 with 13 knockouts

OLEKSANDR USYK VS. ANTHONY JOSHUA 2 FIGHT CARD
  • Oleksandr Usyk vs. Anthony Joshua for WBA, IBF and WBO heavyweight titles
  • Callum Smith vs. Mahieu Bauderlique; Light heavyweight
  • Filip Hrgovic vs. Zhilei Zhang; Heavyweight
  • Badou Jack vs. Richard Rivera; Cruiserweight
  • Ramla Ali vs. Crystal Nova; Super bantamweight
https://www.dazn.com/en-US/news/box...el-and-live-stream/179m5id8bek2u1cdqm12l4alvc

image003.0.jpg

I’m looking forward to this one!
At the time of the fights I’ll be in attendance for Glory 81: Jamal Ben Saddik vs Benjamin Adegbuyi in Düsseldorf, Germany.
That means I won’t be able to watch Usyk - AJ live, but when I get home I’ll watch the full event back for sure, gonna be a good one!

Last edited:
Due to unforeseen travel restrictions, Tyrone Spong is unable to participate in the Usyk - Joshua 2 event.
He’s being replaced by the undefeated James “The Beast” Wilson, who will be taking on Andrew Tabiti now.

James Wilson last fought in March 2019.
Since then, he has mainly spent his time training his 3 sons in martial arts.

Curious to see if he still has his head into boxing

Just watched the first fight. Damn these guys are fast, I had to go 10 sec backwards and watch it in slow mo several times. The two fastest elite heavyweights in the business. In a long ass time.
Yeah I'd say they're the two best all-around athletes in the heavyweight division. Usyk has the speed, coordination, agility, stamina, reflexes, and enough punching power to get respect and hurt much bigger fighters. He's also the most mobile guy in the division. AJ has explosive power, speed, coordination, and he's shown that he can be quite light on his feet when he wants to be. For a fighter his size it's impressive (the same reason that Fury gets as much credit as he does).

Just re-watched the first fight. Anyone notice the final bell sounded a bit early when AJ was against the ropes in the final moment? Not that it really mattered but I just noticed the last round was a few seconds short, at least according to the dazn timer.

Joshua posted the first fight between him and Usyk on his Youtube-channel a few weeks ago.

The full fight has never been officially published before (outside of the UK), so it's cool that Joshua put this out for the fans.

Back