• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Haney vs Lomachenko Top Rank / ESPN PPV 5/20

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Round 10 for Haney is an arrestable offense. But of course nothing will happen.

How could anyone think this fight was not close enough for a decision either way to be a 'robbery'?

This is fucking crazy talk - the fight was very close, one scorecard was a bit nuts but the other two were perfectly arguable and imo pretty correct.

That's not how boxing is scored. Sounds silly. Rounds are scored individually with ZERO consideration of even splitting or combining anything that was close. If the rounds were that close then you are literally admitting that 6-0 Haney is justifiable. People who really don't understand scoring still don't get how consistently judging swing rounds can widen the score. Thus, the overall score is not indicative of how close a fight really was in many scenarios.
So then by your same logic, you could make an argument for the first 6 rounds going to Loma because they were that close. So we've gone from "Haney won the first 6" to "either Haney or Loma won the first 6" using the same logic you used to make the first statement.

Try not to tie your brain in a knot with all those mental gymnastics.

So then by your same logic, you could make an argument for the first 6 rounds going to Loma because they were that close. So we've gone from "Haney won the first 6" to "either Haney or Loma won the first 6" using the same logic you used to make the first statement.

Try not to tie your brain in a knot with all those mental gymnastics.
Thats exactly why its not a robbery or clear victory.
Thats literally how boxing scoring works. Its not mental gymnastics. Its you having no idea how scoring works but then pretending like you're some authority on it.

When I saw Lomachenko land that beautiful uppercut in the first, I knew Haney was going to be in a lot of trouble.

Keep in mind, they're almost 11 years apart and Lomachenko is not the fighter he once was.

Haney has never impressed me once in the ring. He won't be considered one of the greats.

Throughout the fight, there were flurries where Loma would throw 6-7 punches and maybe 3 would land. Promptly, Andre Ward: "None of those are landing"

Yes, they were Andre... You had blinders on because you wanted your guy to win and called the fight as such. Embarrassing performance.

Just watched the fight without knowing the result beforehand.

I’m sorry, but Haney did not win that fight. Loma pieced him up and I don’t think it was a fight where you had to pontificate about who won. I half expected Loma to get screwed though.

Throughout the fight, there were flurries where Loma would throw 6-7 punches and maybe 3 would land. Promptly, Andre Ward: "None of those are landing"

Yes, they were Andre... You had blinders on because you wanted your guy to win and called the fight as such. Embarrassing performance.
Honestly, it sounds like you wanted Loma to win as much as Ward wanted Haney to win.

I had it Loma 7-5 at the end, but Haney should try to avoid Stevenson if he wants to keep an undefeated record

Reactions: Ruv
Thats exactly why its not a robbery or clear victory.
Thats literally how boxing scoring works. Its not mental gymnastics. Its you having no idea how scoring works but then pretending like you're some authority on it.
I've been following the sport for 18 years. Longer than I've followed MMA. I'm perfectly aware of how scoring works. Get tf over yourself.

The point just keeps going right over your head. If you have 6 highly competitive, toss-up, even rounds, then you would expect those rounds to be split. Even if its not an even 3-3 split, they would still be split. But if you have 6 razor thin, even rounds, and you give them ALL to one guy, there is obvious bias/corruption/external factors at play.

A few things the scoring rounds is all over the place this is a super close fight.
But it felt like Haney Had to win the fight.

An issue I have is people scoring it 115-113 loma and giving loma the 12th. Round 12 is a clear Haney round.

I scored the fight a draw.
115-113 Loma would be fair too.

This isn't a favourable decision.
I clearly over rated Haney before this fight.

he was saying don't call it a robbery, because it was a close, competitive fight between two great fighters and regardless of people's bias, they should respect the judges decision.
Seemed like he was trying to insinuate that the reason people don't like Haney is because his race and "the chains" and "showing off". When in reality it's just fight style. Same people who clown Haney love Spence and Crawford just because they're dawgs in comparison.

Seemed like he was trying to insinuate that the reason people don't like Haney is because his race and "the chains" and "showing off". When in reality it's just fight style. Same people who clown Haney love Spence and Crawford just because they're dawgs in comparison.
Loma fans have said I hate him because of his race for years, even though I'm white.

I had loma winning or could’ve been a draw. I felt that Haney living in vegas and this fight being in vegas, loma was going to need at least one knock down.

I had loma winning or could’ve been a draw. I felt that Haney living in vegas and this fight being in vegas, loma was going to need at least one knock down.
Haney isn't popular. If they were going to rob someone, it would have been Haney. Loma is the one with the story. You could see the fans were on his side.

Back