• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Davis vs. Martin 6/15 8PM ET (PBC on Prime PPV)

What do you mean? It’s not for lack of trying. It was his one bad performance. If given the chance he would fight loma and tank. It’s just not worth it for them which is understandable. But to blame shakur is retarded
shakur is not at the stage of his career where he's stepping in the ring with an undefeated, lightning fast, best puncher of a generation when he just got to the weight class.

it doesn't really matter if shakur moves perfectly for all 12 rounds. you can't run for your life for 36 minutes and still land enough shots to win a fight. you have to be faster than tank or way bigger and neither of those things exist at 135 right now. isaac cruz had the right idea offensively and im sure he's thankful his chin is as strong as it is, but he got beat clearly.

the only way to beat tank right now is to meet him in the middle, try to back HIM up, and smother his punches. running around the ring for 12 rounds waiting to get KO'd ain't beating him.

You said Stevenson would get KO'd. I don't think he would. I'm much less confident about how the rest of the fight would go.

tank is a 130-pounder straight up. if inoue would meet him at 127 or something, they could do that.

Tank walks around 160lbs off season.
No way he’s making 127 without cutting off a limb.
130 would probably have him looking a UNICEF poster child.

I missed the benavidez fight. What's the concensus around here?

he slept leo, a p4p list fighter, at leo's best weight class lol

Hmmmm… Can’t tell if sarcasm or not…

Either way, Cruz was old and hadn’t been a p4p listed fighter (if he ever was) since losing to Frampton years before. Not to mention I don’t think he’d ever fought at that weight before from memory. I’m pretty sure that was his first and only fight at that weight wasn’t it? He made his name at bantam and super bantam. Lost to Tank then retired.

Hmmmm… Can’t tell if sarcasm or not…

Either way, Cruz was old and hadn’t been a p4p listed fighter (if he ever was) since losing to Frampton years before. Not to mention I don’t think he’d ever fought at that weight before from memory. I’m pretty sure that was his first and only fight at that weight wasn’t it? He made his name at bantam and super bantam. Lost to Tank then retired.
not his best overall weight class but he was a 135 champ at that point and went back down to 130 where leo was champ. leo was prob his best at 126 though, not 118/122

Cryan Garcia trying to steal the spotlight. I hope Tank never gives him a rematch. Cheats don't deserve to be rewarded.

Tank walks around 160lbs off season.
No way he’s making 127 without cutting off a limb.
130 would probably have him looking a UNICEF poster child.
Tank has been dwarfed by all his opponents at 135. He's the midget of the division. If he was a big LW, he wouldn't have demanded a 10-pound rehydration clause against Garcia.

Walk-around weight is misleading and not even close to a boxer's real weight. Broner balloons up to 200+ lbs between fights yet you don't see people urging him to fight Opetaia at CW.

Curious. Thought Davis changed his name to a Muslim one. Abdul Wahid. Anyone know why he's still going by his original name?

As a big David fan i was not impressed. His faded in the second half of the fight which is usually is best time. I see he had some hand ligament injury before the fight and it looked swelled up but I'm not a fan of excuses. Overall I only gave him a 6.5/10. I'm not sure what he should do now. I scored it 8-4

As a big David fan i was not impressed. His faded in the second half of the fight which is usually is best time. I see he had some hand ligament injury before the fight and it looked swelled up but I'm not a fan of excuses. Overall I only gave him a 6.5/10. I'm not sure what he should do now. I scored it 8-4

Not the worst as far as moving up into a new division goes, but yeah it wasn't great, even Benavidez said so himself. I think they're waiting to see what happens with the belts at 168 before they decide on their next move.

Back