• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah I won't explore anywhere near that much in my next playthrough either. I'll pick and choose where I go.

So I’m about 70 hours in and decided to look up Vaati’s old lore videos. He knew more about the lore from the network test than I do at my playtime.
I still have no idea about lore or who the characters are or what the ending means so I should probably watch some of his videos.

I’ve been doing pretty well with my build. It’s a bit all over the place, but I’ve been able to wreck for the most part. I can’t say I’ve died a lot in certain areas until I came across Spiritcaller Cave. Took me a while before I realized I could sneak passed everything but still needed to kill the snails. Then, i takeout the first Godskin thinking I’m a G and then the Noble pops up and kills me. This won’t be a fun cave.

As a side note, as big of a B Lyndell was, the design is just fabulous and peak From. I loved every second of it and still need to find my way back to reach the Catacombs. Beautiful in every way.

Man magic still really is easy mode. Just summon my Wolves and just start flinging magic at bosses until they die. Got the Academy Staff to +12 and Moonviel to +4 and still pretty early in the game. I'm just melting everything.

Well you’re asking how people got this high in NG and it was likely due to more exploring/boss fights on their first play through. I can’t imagine I’d go up very much in subsequent play throughs because the cost gets exponentially higher.

There really isn’t any other explanation for so many people ending up around the same level at the end without rune farming.
Well you just gave me the answer of the exact thing I just stated. Either they are exploring more or doing rune farming which is basically what the only ways of leveling are.

I was wondering if there was a spot for it. That's all.

Level 275…just started new game 2+ two days ago and already near mid game. This game has great replay value but damn it’s so sad once the initial awe of it is gone.

Well you just gave me the answer of the exact thing I just stated. Either they are exploring more or doing rune farming which is basically what the only ways of leveling are.

I farmed Godfrey as a summon, there’s also a spot in Mohgs right by the first grace with all the dudes who don’t attack, if you can AOE them all and run back to the grace it’s one of the quickest farms in the game. Also early game there’s a spot in Caelid where you make a boulder fall off the cliff over and over but thats for like sub level 50 characters

Oh gotcha, I thought you were just saying people must be farming. Yeah it seems like around 100 hours and 150-160 is normal for players who are exploring as much as they can on a first play through. I could have killed the last boss a while back but I’m focusing on optional bosses and discovery before I do.

I finally beat Malenia. Wound up summoning other players until I got people competent enough to manage aggro. She's probably the hardest boss I've ever fought in a game.

Ongbal parrying em back to back inspired me to do my next playthrough without the mimic. Imma parry the shit outta them.
That guy is crazy good. I'm sure that shield gives you extra frames to parry though? It looks so ridiculous, reminds me of the thimble in monopoly, I love it.

I take back what I said about best Katana, it's definitely Rivers of Blood. I didn't quite have my arcane up. I'm just chewing everyone up with it. I only bring my mimic in now when there are two bosses or more.

And that’s Elden Ring done!

FPEWbErVQAQ0qFu

Got all my Remembrances on this play through which I’m happy about. Not sure I want to get the platinum or not.

Overall feelings, it’s easily a top three game of all time for me. It surpasses every open world game I’ve ever played, not even close, honestly.

The sense of amazement and awe was nearly constant, especially during the early game, but it managed to keep that feeling throughout the entirety. The depth of this game is absolutely mind blowing.

My approach of pure melee and no summons definitely made it feel like the hardest Souls game I’ve played at times. I appreciated that the options to change my approach were there and I’m glad it’s made it accessible for so many people. This deserved to be played by as many people as possible.

If Demon’s Souls was the beta, this is the gold title. A fully realized experience that Miyazaki has spent over a decade perfecting.

FPEWbErVQAQ0qFu

Got all my Remembrances on this play through which I’m happy about. Not sure I want to get the platinum or not.

Overall feelings, it’s easily a top three game of all time for me. It surpasses every open world game I’ve ever played, not even close, honestly.

The sense of amazement and awe was nearly constant, especially during the early game, but it managed to keep that feeling throughout the entirety. The depth of this game is absolutely mind blowing.

My approach of pure melee and no summons definitely made it feel like the hardest Souls game I’ve played at times. I appreciated that the options to change my approach were there and I’m glad it’s made it accessible for so many people. This deserved to be played by as many people as possible.

If Demon’s Souls was the beta, this is the gold title. A fully realized experience that Miyazaki has spent over a decade perfecting.
Plat is pretty easy dude, I say go for it

FPEWbErVQAQ0qFu

Plat is simple, you can even save scum for the endings. Ill collect the shit they want me to collect, then have a nice boss run where I fight bosses 1 on 1. Ill revisit this title for years to come. I agree, its a GOAT tier title, and imo its gonna have the impact of Dark Souls 1 for future games.

They have nearly perfected the open world template, which is fucking insane to think about.

Try this one. Easy 11k runes in a few seconds next to a site of grace:

This seems like a huge pain in the ass considering you have to beat some people who would probably destroy me lmao. Dodging a Boulder over and over for 2k seems easier for now until I buff my guy up

Why do people farm in this game?

I legit didnt farm even once. I have so many of those portable rune things, and bosses give so much in the mid to late game that you never feel the need.

Back