• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Spoilers Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree DLC

You can trigger Radahn simply by getting to the Atlas Plateau. Save any Grace and Redmane opens up. Defeat Radahn and the underground opens up near Fort Haight.

You can literally run to Atlas from beginning of game, skipping almost everything. You'll need to beat dragon at Rune-Strewn Precipice. Opens up that elevator into Atlus Plateau.

Do Varre's questline to get to Mohg fastest.

Edit - if you don't want to go Rune-Strewn Precipice (say that 5 times fast!) route into the Atlas Plateau you need the two halves of the dectus medallion for the lift, one found at Fort Haight and the other at Fort Faroth.

I thought visiting Rannis tower also triggered it? Could be wrong though?

Yeah you can do it through her quest but I believe you have to do some shit for Blaidd. I'm not sure which is faster, but you can literally B-line to Ruin-Strewn Precipice from the moment you walk out. NG+ runs Id say this is the fastest for sure.

Visited the tower last night and it didn’t trigger unfortunately. Also can’t find Blaidd at Mistwood for some reason so I’m thinking about taking Natural Order’s advice of grabbing the two medallion halves instead. It’s been fun to shake off the rust in the interim.

There's a portal at the 4..:belfrys? Or whatever it's called but you need to have a special kind of item iirc.

Varre is the easiest. I just did it on ng1.

I’m still using a max-strengthened Nagakiba katana. Is this a viable primary for DLC strength of foe you reckon? What WPN you taking into expansion?

@Natural Order

I’m still using a max-strengthened Nagakiba katana. Is this a viable primary for DLC strength of foe you reckon? What WPN you taking into expansion?

@Natural Order
Awesome katana, you cant go wrong. Its a house when maxed out with the flexibility of AOW selection. Range is nuts too.

Not sure what ill take in yet, lots of maxed weapons and about 12 larval tears at my disposal! Might do a Cold Strength setup with Great Mace. Looking forward to the new weapon classes and loot! Going to be some fun new builds and ways to approach the game I think.

I need more builds, always too tempting to Unga Bunga and smash everything with a large weapon.

How are most of you prepping for the DLC? You start new builds/characters, or using NG+ previous ones?

I think I want to start fresh. it's been just over two years since I played last, but I know I had pretty high level character, perhaps two if it allowed us multiple save files.

How are most of you prepping for the DLC? You start new builds/characters, or using NG+ previous ones?

I think I want to start fresh. it's been just over two years since I played last, but I know I had pretty high level character, perhaps two if it allowed us multiple save files.
When I think of what Hidetaka gave us in Old Hunters, I’m expecting an immediate ramp-up in difficulty — not an easing in or welcome back kind of thing.

I want to go in strong as a result and with a kit I’m familiar. Faith and Dex served me best in this game so I’ll be a Faith build with my Sacred Nagakiba at my side.

Bleed was my original love in this but I have middling Arcane right now so will respec if I find a new WPN in the vein. Eventually will theorycraft around new armors and such, which is a must IMO to celebrate the expansion.

I’ve some bits in both snow areas and Haligtree to do still.. smashed the giant but not burned the tree yet.
Lvl 160 Arc/Dex build ready and waiting , think I’ve done all the quest lines I can apart from fuckin up Patches unfinished one by smacking snake lady to death trying to not kill her but trigger bodyguard knight .

I’ve some bits in both snow areas and Haligtree to do still.. smashed the giant but not burned the tree yet.
Lvl 160 Arc/Dex build ready and waiting , think I’ve done all the quest lines I can apart from fuckin up Patches unfinished one by smacking snake lady to death trying to not kill her but trigger bodyguard knight .
What synergies are you running with your Arc? Poison? Drakeblood Communion? I've long thought Eleonora's Poleblade, for example, is so sexy but never had a good idea of what to do if I went all in on Arc-scaling.

I'm just trying to get familiar with the combat\game again in general. Making my way through Haligtree again since I never fully explored it. It's not going well honestly. Lost about 300k souls last night walking down a makeshift bridge that I knew would lead to some sort of trap\instant death and it did.

Still using my bloodhound fang but I honestly want to try a heavy weapon but I just don't have a good one. Might need to see what I can find.

Last edited:
I'm also running an Arc/Dex build I'm trying to get to level 160 for my NG+ adventure in the DLC I'm gonna do with a friend. What's your build look like if I may ask? My main weapons are a blood Godskin Peeler, Cold Uchi, and Rivers of Blood with White Mask and Mogh amulet for max damage buffs on bleed. Was thinking a putting a bit in Faith to use some Dragon Communion stuff as well.

Come down with a case of scarlet rot, have ye? Nothing a bath and hot tea can’t fix.

zombie-screaming-in-the-mirror-ztiepkxz8dr6m1ov.gif

Setup a 99 Arcane build around 2x +25 Great Knife and Occult damage. Blood tax AOW. Blood amulet, millicent prosthesis, rotten winged sword insignia, blue dancer.

Bye bye everything, hello all the loot. Fun build, wrecks shop.

Back