• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I got to the mountain area about 10 days ago but burned out for some reason and I haven't played since. The game is amazing but for some reason if anything is open world I get fatigue eventually from playing it a lot. Hoping that the break will reignite my interest in completing it. It was the same for Forbidden West, I completed but haven't had desire to finish the side stuff off yet. No idea what's wrong with me.

I can get like this a lot with open world games as well. It happened to me with both Fallout 3 and Fallout NV. So then when I got fallout 4 I did a lot of the side stuff. Then decided to b line it to the ending so I could at least finish the game. Then my game got bugged during one of the main missions. I couldn't continue the mission because the lady would only sell stuff to me instead of talking to me to continue the quest. So I've never finished a fallout game basically. Same happened in Skyrim as well but I ended up beating that on my switch later on.

Had no idea I missed the dual gargoyle fight. Downed them in less than 10 hits because I’m insanely over powered and discovered there’s an ENTIRELY NEW underground section.

Currently sitting at about 150 at 80+ hours. I can’t imagine I’ll find another 20 hours worth of things to do before I wrap up the first play through but who knows with this game.

Had no idea I missed the dual gargoyle fight. Downed them in less than 10 hits because I’m insanely over powered and discovered there’s an ENTIRELY NEW underground section.

Currently sitting at about 150 at 80+ hours. I can’t imagine I’ll find another 20 hours worth of things to do before I wrap up the first play through but who knows with this game.

Thanks for reminding me about them, tried them a few times dozens of hours ago and put a marker on them to go back to, totally forgot about them though.

I'll do that next after the dragon and evergaol at end of rannis quest.

Can someone explain sorcery scaling?

I have a early game staff that I have bumped up to plus 5 ior so and let's say it's scaling is 162. I just beat a legendary boss and have the ability to get its staff but its scaling is only 60. How is that possible? That it's 100 pts weaker from a legendary boss?!

on top of what others have said, the Fextralife Wiki for Elden ring is really handy for weapon comparisons. It’s hard to see if your current level +8 weapon is better than the boss weapon with no upgrades is. The wiki has all the weapons and their scaling through the levels to make a more accurate comparison without dumping all of your resources into a new weapon that scaling sucks.

So I beat the regal ancestor spirit and I’m reading the regular ancestor spirit won’t spawn now? Two of the same boss in the game activated the same way? Wtf?

Absolutely love it. Reminds me of this for some reason and then just...awkward unplugged silence mid-concert, lol.

7ODQ.gif

So I beat the regal ancestor spirit and I’m reading the regular ancestor spirit won’t spawn now? Two of the same boss in the game activated the same way? Wtf?

It should still spawn. I did the Regal one first in Nokron and then went back to do the other one below in Siofra River like a week later.

Just keep in mind that it needs its own set of torches lit. I think Regal takes six while the regular takes 8, so you’ll need to search around a bit more.

Deeproot depths is awesome. Explore thoroughly.

Jeez I'm wondering how all of you are so high leveled after just one playthrough.

I was 120 something when I finished and am sitting at 211 on NG+3. Some of you guys are nearing my level on NG. Is there a farming location I am unaware of?

Jeez I'm wondering how all of you are so high leveled after just one playthrough.

I was 120 something when I finished and am sitting at 211 on NG+3. Some of you guys are nearing my level on NG. Is there a farming location I am unaware of?

I’m level 133, at the Haligtree after 86 hours. Haven’t done any farming. However, I have done each and every cave/tunnel/catacomb/ruin/hero grave I’ve come across. Not leaving any stone unturned.

I’ve also done a fair amount of coop with my two buddies, so if we beat a boss in my game, and then I go and help my friend beat the same boss in his game then that obviously adds to my xp accumulation.

We also have done a lot of PVP as whenever we play we have the tongue activated to attract invaders, most of whom we massacre because my one friend uses super cheap and broken PVP tactics. Beating invaders yields a lot of xp too.

Grinding plat. Need armaments and sorceries. Of course I already beat Maliketh so I can’t get the one weapon I need for the trophy. Fuck.

Not sure why people keep assuming it’s farming. There’s a ton of content.

I spend almost everything on my stats, I’ve explored pretty throughly, defeated every major boss I’m aware of, and I rarely lose runes on death. I just got 480k for Malenia, not hard to jump 4+ levels from a single boss kill.

If you’re running past enemies and not exploring much and/or losing runes on run backs I’m sure that would hamper leveling.

I spend almost everything on my stats, I’ve explored pretty throughly, defeated every major boss I’m aware of, and I rarely lose runes on death. I just got 480k for Malenia, not hard to jump 4+ levels from a single boss kill.

If you’re running past enemies and not exploring much and/or losing runes on run backs I’m sure that would hamper leveling.
Yeah I ended the game at 120 but that was a self imposed level cap. i think I was 120 by the time i got to the Mountain Top of Giants. I Think im siting on a million rune on that character with another million or so i can pop with the consumable runes and probably lost close to 4 million runes from deaths after I stopped leveling.

I finished at 150, just from xp. No farming or runes, apart from topping up if I was close to a new level and about to enter a boss fight or something.

I'm level 152 and just beat Malenia and the Fire Giant. Pretty much all other available bosses. About 10-15 levels are from rune farming in Moghwyn Palace to be fair

Been doing co-op got a win over her as a helper probably going to have people help me. She's fucking brutal.

Quite the contrary, actually. I explore more and more each NG+. I've already gotten every achievement too which is crazy to think there's even more optional things than those.

I spend everything on stats as well considering there's nothing else to spend them on at this point.

Quite the contrary, actually. I explore more and more each NG+. I've already gotten every achievement too which is crazy to think there's even more optional things than those.
I keep seeing other people fighting bosses I never found and it's kind of blowing me away. I explored everywhere I could find.

I spend everything on stats as well considering there's nothing else to spend them on at this point.
Well you’re asking how people got this high in NG and it was likely due to more exploring/boss fights on their first play through. I can’t imagine I’d go up very much in subsequent play throughs because the cost gets exponentially higher.

There really isn’t any other explanation for so many people ending up around the same level at the end without rune farming.

Back