~*Official Draft of the S&P Summer Squat Competition*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about my 1 RM in the parallel backsquat.
But I guess 245lbs would be doable.

So:

Graedy
BW: 185lbs
Squat 1RM: 245lbs

That brings up a good point. Are we going ATG or below parallel? I assume final lifts will be video'd and critiqued.

Freeman/ past paralell back squat max 290x5

Have never tested the 1RM, 190 BW

Yes. Zero will be the fat kid that nobody wants to pick for dodgeball in elementary school.

I'm happy we've now collectivly agreed who the un-charsimatic obese person is.

(And I'm happy I was not delegated to this role).

Don't know if white belts are allowed in, but my 1RM would be about 255lbs.

That brings up a good point. Are we going ATG or below parallel? I assume final lifts will be video'd and critiqued.

Post a video of yourself squatting and showing what you believe the difference is between "ATG" and "below parallel."

Have to hit ATLEAST legal depth.

I'm gonna assume that everyone competing is honest, so I'm completely sure about the videos. I know for myself I will be recording my final squat to make sure it hits depth. In fact, I'd encourage everyone with a camera to record himself at the end of summer and make sure he hit parallel.

Have to hit ATLEAST legal depth.

I'm gonna assume that everyone competing is honest, so I'm completely sure about the videos. I know for myself I will be recording my final squat to make sure it hits depth. In fact, I'd encourage everyone with a camera to record himself at the end of summer and make sure he hit parallel.

Good point. Often people aren't dishonest. They just think they hit legal depth whilst they don't.

Lorenz - 3RM - 195

Havent done a 1RM due to not wanting to injure myself because of bad form, before the competition starts I will do one though, if necessary.

I wish to offer my services to this competition as some sort of honorary judge/commissioner, etc. This summer is dedicated to getting back into conditioning shape and regaining some athleticism,,I will be squatting of course, but other things will have a priority in the near future.

Since I voted for the sqwat in the first thread, it would be only fair to join in.
mungos: squat 185 kg = 407.8 lb.

i know im a newbie here but im reading a lot of stuff on the site...

this might kick my ass for the summer...

33years old,
Squat powerlifting style 1 rep max at 325.
weight today 195

I'm in.
Haven't gotten a max at parallel or ATG for ever (literally). I need to go squattin' sometime this week. I would hazard a guess at my 1rm to be around 315 or so.

Max - 600lbs

Any chance I can step down as a team leader - honestly, I don't want the responsibility.

What are the rules on adding wraps/suits to the lifts? I am close to breaking out my knee wraps.

Max - 600lbs

Any chance I can step down as a team leader - honestly, I don't want the responsibility.

What are the rules on adding wraps/suits to the lifts? I am close to breaking out my knee wraps.

Sorry - anyone with a 600 lb Squat has mandatory captain duties.

The girl will join, but right now my only 1RM that I have is with gear.

Blondie: 190lbs, 1RM = 365.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back