~*Official Draft of the S&P Summer Squat Competition*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Max - 600lbs

Any chance I can step down as a team leader - honestly, I don't want the responsibility.

What are the rules on adding wraps/suits to the lifts? I am close to breaking out my knee wraps.

There is practically no responsibility as a team leader. All we need you to do is to pick a team. I'll edit the original post myself when we have the teams decided.

I SUPPOSE you could use knee wraps...I just don't know how fair it is. Belts are, of course, fine.

Current 1rm is 315...potential to gain a lot this summer b/c I did not have as much time to lift during the past school year, instead I was focusing more on bjj. I have a lot of free time this summer, so I am doing both.

I bet this is a competition for those pussy back squats, isn't it?

I got drunk and sprained my knee over the weekend. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out. Good luck gentlemen (and blondie).

Ya if white belts can get in I'm at 1RM 290lbs

Standard, Lusst:

I ask that you make an exception for TM to enter the contest. He lifts at the same gym as me. He keeps a log here. Here is his most recent squat video:

330x1:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PlBQpAjs4U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PlBQpAjs4U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

current bw: 215
best raw squat: 475
best raw squat now: 435-455

I just got some new knee wraps so...watch out....

I pick zero...he's the retarded obese kid who makes retarded strength gains....retard strength ftw...zero will squat 500 by the end of this competition...

we shall be known as the devil's minions...

The girl will join, but right now my only 1RM that I have is with gear.

Blondie: 190lbs, 1RM = 365.

Holy Crap Blondie. I remember when you first came here you were gunning for 225. Now you are at 365? Does the gear help that much or should I just pay more damn attention to your log?

Standard, Lusst:

I ask that you make an exception for TM to enter the contest. He lifts at the same gym as me. He keeps a log here. Here is his most recent squat video:

330x1:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PlBQpAjs4U&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3PlBQpAjs4U&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

heh... he claims a 290 max then theres a vid of 330? i guess he lost some strength recently...

If what you say is true and the only thing I have to do is pick a team, then I want blondie, enright and donut. I can't take zero because we have our own side bets against eachother. Plus, he's fat.

For the record, I chose deadlift because people cheat on squats. I also chose my team because I know they don't cheat. If we lose, we'll just assume that everyone else squats high.

Suits and wraps are allowed? Figure out who is willing to spend $150-200 to win and pick them to be on your team.

^^ lol

*places $200 order at elite FTS"

thought this was raw?

belt and wrist/knee wraps?

very strategic choices Fatty...but I think you underestimate Zero....u make this a dress challenge and he'll squat 500 tomorrow...i fucking know it...

I think someone needs to draw up some official rules for this. Squat is the biggest bitch of all lifts to run in powerlifting because of all the gear and depth issues. That's why push/pull meet are so popular at a regional level.

thought this was raw?

belt and wrist/knee wraps?

very strategic choices Fatty...but I think you underestimate Zero....u make this a dress challenge and he'll squat 500 tomorrow...i fucking know it...

BlondeWarrior quoted a suited PR. Most federations that have a raw division do not allow knee wraps.

Hmm...well. By the end of June I should be squatting, my back has been recovering wonderfully since I laid off the spinal compression.

That being said ...
Most Recent thing I had a 315lb Box Squat, so that'll go on there. That was with my fubared back, so when I start squatting again in late June there should be major improvements.

BW-250lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back