~*Official Draft of the S&P Summer Squat Competition*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think someone needs to draw up some official rules for this. Squat is the biggest bitch of all lifts to run in powerlifting because of all the gear and depth issues. That's why push/pull meet are so popular at a regional level.

Agreed. We should change this to deads.

Devil, I'm not underestimating Zero. I just couldn't pick him because of our own squat related side bets. It's a conflict of interests.

We should do bottom position squats, belt only. Have a duplicable way of establishing a starting position ( I have several ) and see what happens

We should do bottom position squats, belt only. Have a duplicable way of establishing a starting position ( I have several ) and see what happens

DINO-SAR/Kubik-style? Everyone could submit a vid of themselves squatting and telling a joke that wasn't funny while being super serious.

We could, I suppose, change it to deadlifts. I guess I forgot to take into account the possibility of illegitimate high squats. :icon_neut

If a mod could lock this, I'd appreciate it. I'll remake the draft thread tomorrow...which will state the rules, teams will be picked, 1 rm's will be posted, etc...

Deadlifts would probably be easier, I think I voted for squats but deadlifts would cause less bitching/bickering about depth.

then there would be questions about hitching and ramping...

I really don't care if people are squatting too high or whatever, I mean, it's just a friendly competition right? They'll only be cheatin themselves

Here's the friendly part of the challenge:

The losers of the challenge must wear a dress and go do an arms only workout at their local gym....

then there would be questions about hitching and ramping...

Hitching is much easier to spot than squatting slightly high. But like TG said, it's friendly competition, and KW said he'd referee so we have an impartial judge. Meh who the hell knows.

meh... don't wanna change to deads... but some good arguments are raised for it

I really don't care if people are squatting too high or whatever, I mean, it's just a friendly competition right? They'll only be cheatin themselves

/agree

I don't think the suited vs unsuited is a problem, as long as you wear the same equipment for the final attempt that you wore for the first attempt (since its a progress comp)

/agree

I don't think the suited vs unsuited is a problem, as long as you wear the same equipment for the final attempt that you wore for the first attempt (since its a progress comp)

I disagree, one slight tweak could add 30+ lbs

learning how to use it. its not something that gets picked up right away.

Well I didn't know we were using gear... I just thought wraps, belt, etc.

Sorry, what is the point in a contest where half the people use gear and half the people don't?

I'm using a sissy pad if we're doing geared squats..

I do agree with zero about the learning curve of gear. Not to mention a 30 lb increase is less of a % of your total lift for a geared lift. It is much easier to go from 400-500 with a suit than it is to do the same without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back