% of people who buy PPV's vs those who don't but watch/stream

I buy em all and have done so for forever. But I piss away more drinking so meh...

False. Not everyone on Sherdog is a thief.
Agreed. I'd drop the sport as an interest before stealing to access it. I also like to be able to call a thief a thief without trace of hypocrisy.

If you paid for every single UFC PPV in 2017 you would have spent $844.87. Add another $95.88 a year to watch the non-PPV fights on Fightpass. That's $940.75 a year.

There is no other sport in the world that requires their viewers to spend that much per year. NFL Redzone, for example, allows their viewers to watch every single NFL game and it costs them 13 bucks a month or $156 a year.

I don't care how much money you have, nobody is spending nearly a $1,000 a year to watch MMA. Especially if you've been a fan for a long time.

tldr; everybody streams at least some cards. Everybody.

i'm on to you ts
6TVk.gif

Any info about the numbers ?

I guess majority don't buy but stream or watch the other day after they download the torrent.

Do you think UFC would pay fighters significantly more if everyone would pay ?

Used to buy every PPV with the guys, we always planned it in advance but it started getting harder to do with the amount of injuries, changes to cards and sometimes not that deep cards. Most of them due to the watering down of cards and all those changes drifted away a little from the sport as it got too hard to follow. I will still buy the occasional one

I watch them on TV but they are 'free' in the UK

If they go to PPV soon though you count me as a streamer
If you think I'm staying up till 3am to watch Carla esparza vs whoever the fuck
Karolina whatever vs Vitor belfort
And another chick fight

And pay money for the pleasure??

??

When they used to have events over here apart from the Till V Wonderboy one, they used to show it like an hour delayed too. No ones gonna pay 40-50£ to stay up all hours when it’s readily available for nout

Talked real good but no one has ever seen him actually fight.
<DisgustingHHH>

gtfo with this shit "no one has ever seen him acutally fight." different time + no smartphones. MMA is still small as fuck and back then it was much smaller and the payment was much worse. He made the right choiche.

He is the father of mma because of cross training. That man deserves respect and has the respect of many mma guys who knew him and trained him. I know people did this (cross training) before, but he made it "popular".

God bless Bruce Lee & Floyd.

ther is no reason to believe the extra dollars would go into the fighters pockets, unless they are tied to the PPV - its a silly argument used a lot though

obviously I dont do this, because I'm a law abiding man, but I think the best is to just watch Sunday morning with a free copy. Saturdays stay free, no need to stay up late and amazing Sunday morning with coffee (or whiskey).

PPV is such an archaic business practice for the time we live in. Who really wants to spend upwards of $50 for one thing when you can get countless streaming services offering unlimited entertainment for way less. Plus, there's always highlights straight after. Put all ppvs on fight pass, charge $19.99 a month.

i don't mind buy a PPV like Khabib vs Conor,
in Belgium we pay 20€ to watch it live,

with the PPV video, you can view action from different angles,
the pirated/stream/downloaded version is one angle of the action
with the different angle you can grasp the big moment

I used to pay every once in a while, and I used to go out to bars almost every event. Lately though the overall card quality has been so bad I just jump on a stream after it's already a few fights in. $65 is a ridiculous price to ask for someone to pay for 3 hours of tv. I find it pretty fuckin ballsy of them to ask that much for the watered down cards they put on these days.

I maybe order once a year now. Last one I ordered on my own was GSP/Bisping

Any info about the numbers ?

I guess majority don't buy but stream or watch the other day after they download the torrent.

Do you think UFC would pay fighters significantly more if everyone would pay ?
tumblr_pdmg61ay7G1ws7ihlo1_500.gif

I buy them like a chump only cause I don’t know where to stream from...

Back