% of people who buy PPV's vs those who don't but watch/stream

Any info about the numbers ?

I guess majority don't buy but stream or watch the other day after they download the torrent.

Do you think UFC would pay fighters significantly more if everyone would pay ?

Do you think fighters would make money money if Dana has 600 millions instead of his current 300 millions?

The last ppv, UFC 227, was predicted to have sold 300k.

Within about 2 days, the UFC 227 post-fight press conference had 1.3 million views on the UFC youtube channel.

This indicates to me that at least a million people streamed... bare minimum.
Furthermore, I believe that many, if not most, people who watch the fights won't bother to watch the conference.
Then you have other indicators like multiple versions of the UFC event are usually in the top 10 most downloaded torrents the following days on those sites.

My guess is that around 2 million watch it illegally... so %15 legal, %85 illegal

I guess majority don't buy but stream or watch the other day after they download the torrent.

I find it hilarious that Americans are so naive to think UFC only makes money when they sell PPV's.
Yes, obviously they get more money from sponsors and all. But most of their money comes from deals with TV stations around the world... and US (when not PPV'ing).

PPV buys can show trends. If a card is great, gets more PPV's. But at the end of the day, most of their money are not tied with how many people bought it.

I download like a normal person. Don't even know the difference from ppv and all those stuff people talk about. I went to an event once and the worst ticket was extremly expensive, never again. Would never pay for three wmma fights, sitting up in the night, pull outs, and a way way too expensive prive.

This might be better.

5620d081-6932-4306-a5c7-b0750d771a3e-jpeg.428591

Sherdog economist's "trickle down economic theory":

"If you want fighters to make more money, buy more PPVs!!!"

meanwhile...

hqdefault.jpg

Aiden.png

10858113_web1_Aiden-dive.jpg

My brother in law and I will buy them because he gets them half off since he works for a cable company. Sometimes we go to buffalo wild wings though if we feel like switching it up.

I don’t buy ppvs, if it’s a really really good card then I’ll think real hard about buying it then pirate it anyway

I buy cards that are worth it.

I won’t buy UFC 228, but I will buy UFC 229.

Used to buy all the ppvs on ufc fightpass
After having twins it was impossible to watch live as im based in Aus and ppv starts around noon on a sunday.
Now i watch a stream on sunday night when kids are tucked in bed.

You could’ve made a poll if you want the final numbers, just saying...

People can wait 24 hours and see it on some random mma website. It's 2018 you can't stop the internet.. you need to make products for this new generation.

I got to bars with 1 or 2 buddies, I dont have enough fight friends to pitch in for a PPV unless it's like Conor or Ronda.

I aint paying 70 bucks to watch main and co main gets pulled the night before. If UFC didn't have this many hicups with fighters showing up to fight, Maybe I would actually buy more. But you can't expect these injury ridden cards to be worth the money

Wait
You think the UFC would pass on the money if they had more?

Bless you
I hope and expect they would. Although I am aware of the reality we all live in .
Do you think fighters would make money money if Dana has 600 millions instead of his current 300 millions?

I hope and expect they would

You could’ve made a poll if you want the final numbers, just saying...
I don't have platinum or mod power to make a poll

I stream but I have fightpass in a country where UFC is on free TV so they still get my money.

If UFC somehow prevented all illegal watching as they wish they could, they'd lose a good 50% of their fan base.

Sherdog economist's "trickle down economic theory":

"If you want fighters to make more money, buy more PPVs!!!"

meanwhile...

hqdefault.jpg

Aiden.png

10858113_web1_Aiden-dive.jpg
That’s him owning shares in a company that sold for 4 billion. The bread and butter that goes into the fighters pockets? PPV sales and merch sales.

I stream but I have fightpass in a country where UFC is on free TV so they still get my money.

If UFC somehow prevented all illegal watching as they wish they could, they'd lose a good 50% of their fan base.
What’s the point of having a large fan base if they don’t bring any income?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back