% of people who buy PPV's vs those who don't but watch/stream

I used to buy every Pride and UFC PPV when they were 30-35 bucks a pop. Now they're 70 bucks and have wmma fights all over each card. I've been streaming since. I won't even watch a wmma fight on a free streams. Fucking hate that shit.

I bet that if for some reason dana white was at home during a ppv instead of at the event, he'd stream it.

will usually watch live, or just watch the fights i want to see online the next day

So he’s the Asian Steven Seagall?
Believe it or not I've actually seen footage of a young Seagal using Akido and actually tossing non LARP-ing people around.

Never seen any real Lee footage.

The same people who steal PPVs later complain about fighter pay. Poor bastards. The base pay would be 50/50 if people didn't steal

<Dany07>

Unless it's free on TV, I don't watch it. I usually catch the PBP threads here on sherdog and watch the gifs of what's posted.

Last edited:
I purchase a majority of PPV’s. I figure it’s only right since I love the sport of MMA enough to even join a forum like this. It’s only right to pay for something you love/invest time into, and knowing the fighters/company also put a lot of effort in the fights/product. Got to support them.

Bought every single one for years when it was still $40 split between 10+ people. Prices went up as the quality went down and now there’s zero interest in the ufc where I live. $65 is a little steep to pay on my own for every card so it’s streaming for me. If the cards worth it I’ll pay. I’ll start to lose interest if I don’t watch most of the fights so the ufc can get my money from fight pass and the few ppvs I buy or nothing at all when I quit watching.

I streamed when I was a poor college student. However they were shit and would cut out half the time. 60 dollars is nothing now so I watch them on my big screen unless it's a shitty card.

I streamed when I was a poor college student. However they were shit and would cut out half the time. 60 dollars is nothing now so I watch them on my big screen unless it's a shitty card.

I think you're the first recent graduate I've ever heard of that has cable TV and orders PPVs in this day and age.

Not a money thing, more an age thing... even the 25-35 year olds i know with lots of cash don't have cable and couldn't order PPVs even if they wanted to.

I think you're the first recent graduate I've ever heard of that has cable TV and orders PPVs in this day and age.

Not a money thing... even the ppl i know with lots of cash don't have cable and couldn't order PPVs even if they wanted to.

I'm not a recent graduate and I don't have cable. Fuck Comcast.

I'm not a recent graduate and I don't have cable. Fuck Comcast.

How do you order PPVs then? In Canada you gotta have cable and a settop box to even order them afaik

Edit: Nvm you can buy them individually on UFC.tv now... used to be region locked to the US

I was never a home PPV guy but I used to gather a group of friends to go watch the events at bars/pubs. These days I don't know of a single establishment in my vicinity that shows the fights and I don't know a single irl person who watches MMA anymore.

So, after I tuck the wife and kids into bed, I stream in my den whilst consuming a delicious assortment of alcoholic drinks ;)

You can order ppvs through fight pass.

Yeah I edited my post... I got really excited when they first rolled out fight pass but then it wouldn't let me buy PPVs from outside the US... guess they changed that at some point

Back in the day:

Collection-Basket.jpg

Or

los-nachos-de-hooters.jpg

90% of the time now:

How-to-get-away-with-streaming-a-UFC-event.gif

get your ass to reddit and find a nice 'Ace stream'

Back