Social Obama Taking His Final Vacation as POTUS

It doesn't seem like an ideal time to draw his attention away from Russia after making so many threats. It's odd timing.

This is true. If Russia is the demon they say it is, that the electoral voters need to be intimidated by the CIA to overthrow the election in a sort coup like event, then why is he taking a vacation? He probably knows Hildog is an idiot and not worth fighting for.

This is true. If Russia is the demon they say it is, that the electoral voters need to be intimidated by the CIA to overthrow the election in a sort coup like event, then why is he taking a vacation? He probably knows Hildog is an idiot and not worth fighting for.
I think Obama really doesn't like Hillary to be honest.

How many fucking vacations does this guy need to take on the tax payers dime? Isn't he supposed to be retaliating against Russia for exposing the DNC cheating? I guess he is taking a much-needed break from addressing that issue.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/obamas-final-hawaiian-vacation-president/story?id=44237561

Bet you'll be quite as kept when Trump blows Obama's 160 days of vacation out of the water during his first term. The guy hates Washington and was reportedly trying to figure out how much time he would have to spend at the White House. My guess is that he'll even beat Dubya.

Bet you'll be quite as kept when Trump blows Obama's 160 days of vacation out of the water during his first term. The guy hates Washington and was reportedly trying to figure out how much time he would have to spend at the White House. My guess is that he'll even beat Dubya.
But, how much will he spend on "vacations?" "Dubya" didn't beat out Obama on vacation expenditures even though technically George W. spent more days on vacation since operating from his ranch in Texas was counted as vacation days.

Yeah, lets see if you care about how much the tax payer is going to pay securing Trump Tower including spending tax payer money to lease space in the building. Thats right. The Secret service will be paying Trump to protect his family. No fucks given by you though is my guess?

To do that, the Secret Service will almost certainly have to lease space inside the building, which is partly owned by Trump himself, giving the president-elect an opportunity to make money off the very agency assigned to protect him. It will probably have to do so at Trump's Florida resort, Mar-a-Lago, as well.

But, how much will he spend on "vacations?" "Dubya" didn't beat out Obama on vacation expenditures even though technically George W. spent more days on vacation since operating from his ranch in Texas was counted as vacation days.

You're moving the goal posts. But either way, the secret service will probably spend A LOT more to protect Trump and his family than probably any other President previously.

Yeah, lets see if you care about how much the tax payer is going to pay securing Trump Tower including spending tax payer money to lease space in the building. Thats right. The Secret service will be paying Trump to protect his family. No fucks given by you though is my guess?

It depends on what the final cost will be.

You're moving the goal posts. But either way, the secret service will probably spend A LOT more to protect Trump and his family than probably any other President previously.

Not moving the goal posts. My original post referenced both cost and the fact that there is an appearance he doesn't really give much priority to the alleged Russian hacks right now. These points are relevant regardless, though.

Don't worry everybody, Obama told Putin something fierce before he left...

It depends on what the final cost will be.

Not moving the goal posts. My original post referenced both cost and the fact that there is an appearance he doesn't really give much priority to the alleged Russian hacks right now. These points are relevant regardless, though.

We already have an idea about how much it is going to cost.

Right now, the cost to taxpayers is more than $2 million a day, the documents show, a number that is sure to increase whenever the president or the first lady travels — or when the threat level rises.

$2 million dollars a day and rising.

presvacationssocial.jpg
Ronald I can understand as he was an old man, but Bush lmao. He was comedy gold!

We already have an idea about how much it is going to cost.

$2 million dollars a day and rising.

Isn't that just costing the New York tax payer though? Fuck them.

Seriously, if it ends up really being $2 million a day, I don't understand how that is even sustainable. There has got to be more to the story or Trump is going to have to adjust somehow.

Ronald I can understand as he was an old man, but Bush lmao. He was comedy gold!
They are including days Bush spent "working from home" on his ranch in Texas and time Ronald Reagan spent at his home in California. Expenditures were presumably far less for those two than Obama.

Isn't that just New York City though. Fuck them.

Seriously, if it ends up really being $2 million a day, I don't understand how that is even sustainable. There has got to be more to the story or Trump is going to have to adjust somehow.

No. The $2 million a day came from Homeland Security and Secret Service documents.

NYC is paying $1 million a day in addition to that.

No. The $2 million a day came from Homeland Security and Secret Service documents.

NYC is paying $1 million a day in addition to that.
Not sustainable. They will have to figure something out.

Can you source it?

Not sustainable. They will have to figure something out.

Can you source it?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cost-protecting-jet-setting-president-elect-trump-yuge-n687336

The price tag for all that security is already very big, or as the Manhattan mogul might put it, "Yuge," internal Homeland Security and Secret Service documents reviewed by NBC News show.

Right now, the cost to taxpayers is more than $2 million a day, the documents show, a number that is sure to increase whenever the president or the first lady travels — or when the threat level rises.

Meanwhile, the New York Police Department is already handling external security at Trump Tower, the president-elect's Manhattan home base, at an estimated cost of $1 million per day.

Oh, and NYC is trying to see if they can be reimbursed by the federal government

"I made clear to [Johnson] how committed we are to the president-elect's security, but I've also made clear to him that there's extraordinary costs involved and that we want to start the process of understanding what kind of federal reimbursement we can get," the mayor said recently. "I will be speaking to the president-elect's team as early as next week on this topic."

And Trump's Thanksgiving in his Florida home already cost tax payers $7 million

As the soon-to-be first family sat down in Florida for their Thanksgiving feast, they were watched over by the core part of their new extended family — a contingent of at least 150 Secret Service personnel.

The Trumps' trip to Florida wound up being a compromise on both sides, a Homeland Security official familiar with the operation told NBC News.

The cost to U.S. taxpayers? Seven million dollars, the official said.

Last edited:
Definitely not a fan if that truly ends up being the final cost. I wonder how it compares to the cost of protecting other first families though.

If it were up to me, little Baron would say goodbye to all his friends in NYC and enroll in the Washington, DC public school system.

Much, much more. The secret service usually rents space to protect a President's home. But Trump lives in Midtown Manhattan which one of the most expensive and densely populated areas in the country which makes it much more expensive than securing Crawford, TX for example. They have to do things like re-route flights out of LaGuardia around Trump Tower and they have unique security concerns like how to secure the section of subway beneath Trump Tower.

Back