1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Obama renames (reverts) Mount McKinley, our highest mountain.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by clmetal, Aug 30, 2015.

1. JosephDredd Gold Belt

lol perfect

2. I have a problem with this. What a fool

And yes its about respecting the office of President. I'd be furious if 5 presidents from now some President wants to rename something that was named after Obama. Personally I think we should name a monument somewhere in this country after Obama but that is for another thread.

3. jk7707 Silver Belt

Ugh, just another reason for the Hannity's/Limbaugh's/insert moronic right wing talk show host here, to try to drum up some false anger because OBAMA did it. Guess what? Points of interest, visitor centers, trails, and all kinds of other shit in National Parks have their names changed all the time. I love how people are making a big deal out of it because it's Mt. McKinley. Same god damn thing. Your manufactured outrage is so obvious it's sad.

4. Bukowski82 Buckle up belt

The funny thing is, I'm going to have to sift through FB posts on my feed now about how this is all part of Obamas Plan to destroy America and turn everyone to Islam from the Conservatives in my Family...

For real... Thanks, Obama. :)

5. Lord Commander Palis Superior Genetics Banned

6. jk7707 Silver Belt

Oh I know. I will be going through the same thing. My uncles were so cool before they signed up for a Facebook account...

7. Sycho Sid Master of the world and the universe

So you guys have officially run out of things to whine about huh? Sorry to hear that.

8. Damn you right. It seems like all uncles tend to do this...

But anyways I don't see why we should be happy about this. I don't like the idea of removing the name of Presidents. To me its disrespectful

9. oldshadow Steel Belt

From what I understand the majority of the people in Alaska , where the mountain is wanted to change the name.

So I don't have a problem with this.

10. Thai Otoshi Gold Belt

Good. It was wildly disrespectful to the natives who lived there to name it after a man who had never actually been there.

11. Gandzooka Purple Belt

Guy wasn't even dead when it was named after him. And it had other non-native names before that.

[​IMG]

12. Doughbelly αlpha-nerdette, action scientist

2nd Star to the Right & straight on til morning.
    Quit being so PC.

Being offended on behalf of the legacy of McKinley is righteous indignation. Being offended on the behalf of indigenous people, OTOH, is liberal hippie PC bullshit.

13. ripskater Guest

[YT]wOtGr1JFCnE[/YT]

[YT]ettl3zfLWus[/YT]

My apologies to Dr. Martin Luther King JR for being put in this video.

14. AgonyandIrony Banned Banned

So what point were you attempting to address there rip?

15. ripskater Guest

Yes we can.

16. Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

Solid ideas. They have my support.

The founding fathers realized themselves that slavery was wrong. Jefferson wrote about it at length. So, yeah, if you owned slaves, you were immoral even by the standards and values of the day, and shouldn't be venerated or put on money.

Tubman, on the other hand, was a true hero.

17. ShoelessRye Gold Belt

Dear Morons, this isn't a partisan issue - a sizable majority of Alaskans want the mountain renamed. It's named after an Ohio President afterall, and attempts have been made in the past to revert it back to it's native name but it was always blocked by Ohioans in Congress. Murkowski sponsored a recent bill to have it renamed. Hell, I think even Sarah Palin is on record wanting it renamed, or in the very least referring to it as Denali, as most Alaskans already do, not Mt. McKinley.

18. Quipling classical conservative

Hi Rip. I see you missed my bet offer. I've reposted it on this page so you can respond.

You keep announcing how Obama is going to do something terrible before his term is up. You seem pretty confident in that position. There's maybe a year left. Would you be willing to engage in a little bet along those lines? You win if the terrible thing comes to pass, and I win if it doesn't. Easy enough.

I doubt you'd be willing to do an account bet, so how about a signature bet? Either would be fine by me, though.

It shouldn't be too hard to hammer out terms that are acceptable to both of us.

19. ripskater Guest

I can't make that bet quip. What is terrible to me is progress to you. The War Room has only one ripskater. And the war room would not be the same without me.

20. Doughbelly αlpha-nerdette, action scientist

2nd Star to the Right & straight on til morning.
    Get real. Obama tying his shoelaces is indicative of a liberal agenda.