• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now that I have seen it...they got the right actor!

Leonardo DiCaprio was supposed to play Patrick Bateman before he turned it down and it was given back to Christian Bale (who was originally let go)

Seth Rogan was supposed to be Saul in Pineapple Express until they had James Franco audition for shits n giggles and everyone loved it so much

Will Smith was supposed to be Neo in the Matrix. Sean Connery was originally supposed to be Morpheus but he didn't understand the character.

District 9. Sharlto Copley

Even through the first part of the movie I was thinking "no way is this guy the main character", but by the end of it I was convinced that he was the absolute perfect man for the job.

Mel Gibson was offered the role of Maximus in Gladiator

Chris Farley was supposed to be Shrek and even had most of the voice acting finished when he died. They had to start over and put Myers in there. I think Chris would have been great for him, you could tell the early writing was meant for him.

halloween. Christopher Lee was offered the role of Dr. Loomis, but turned it down.

Jaws - Charlton Heston was considered for the role of Chief Brody. Jeff Bridges, Timothy Bottoms, Jon Voight and Jan-Michael Vincent were considered for the role of Hooper. Lee Marvin was also considered for Quint.
Oh man, Heston is amazing in anything, he would have brought Jaws to an even higher level than it is.
Leonardo DiCaprio was supposed to play Patrick Bateman before he turned it down and it was given back to Christian Bale (who was originally let go)

Seth Rogan was supposed to be Saul in Pineapple Express until they had James Franco audition for shits n giggles and everyone loved it so much

I love Franco in that role, it's perfect.

Chris Farley was supposed to be Shrek and even had most of the voice acting finished when he died. They had to start over and put Myers in there. I think Chris would have been great for him, you could tell the early writing was meant for him.

Oh man, Heston is amazing in anything, he would have brought Jaws to an even higher level than it is.

I love Franco in that role, it's perfect.

i disagree. i think the casting in jaws was perfect the way it was filmed

Will Smith was supposed to be Neo in the Matrix. Sean Connery was originally supposed to be Morpheus but he didn't understand the character.

He didn't understand LOTR either so he turned down gandalf. missed some huge bank too apparently.

Few are getting this thread correct but I guess that is OK.

Of the actors considered for a movie you are supposed to say if they chose the right actor or if one of the others would have been better.

The 'who was also offered the role' threads have been done often.

Back