• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Now that I have seen it...they got the right actor!

I believe Tom Cruise turned down Enemy of the State, and I think Will brought a fun chemistry with Gene Hackman that may not have been there with Cruise, but who knows.

It is rumoured Iron Man was Tom's cruises for the taking. If true I am glad he turned it down. Downey owned that role.

Will smith turned down the role of django in django unchained. I think foxx was way better than smith could've been but you never know.

I think foxx wasnt that good as django. they should have gotten a lesser known but as good guy. He did alright, but the movie called "django unchained" django was the most boring part to watch

Now that I have seen it, I will say I think they casted the right actor.

tumblr_m6lxivYotd1r2r5igo1_500.gif

People were shitting all over Heath Ledger being cast as Joker and look what happened...I always keep an open mind now when it comes to these things

I remember that. And he wasn't just good, his performance will be remembered for years and not because of his death either.

Al Pacino turned down the role of Han Solo in Star Wars

627.jpg

Eric Stoltz was originally Marty McFly in Back to the Future. They even filmed a few scenes with him.

they wanted

robert redford
james caan
burt reynolds

for the the role of Rocky. Stallone was perfect.

Stallone wrote Rocky. He didn't always intend to use it to make himself a star?

The role of Chris Shiherlis in Heat was originally Keanu Reeves's role.

I think Val Kilmer did a great job, but I could see Keanu pulling it off. That could've been interesting.

Yeah thats what I came here to say, I remember.

It was around 2007 when shit started getting leaked about The Dark Knight.

Everyone was like "OMG 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU? LOL!"

Even me.

I remember the first image of the rendition of the joker was then released, at least the first one I saw.

the_dark_knight_trailer_leaks_to_the_web_300x260.jpg

And immediately knew everything would be okay.

Originally Rachel McAdams was supposed to be Pepper Potts

Yeah thats what I came here to say, I remember.

It was around 2007 when shit started getting leaked about The Dark Knight.

Everyone was like "OMG 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU? LOL!"

Even me.

I remember the first image of the rendition of the joker was then released, at least the first one I saw.

the_dark_knight_trailer_leaks_to_the_web_300x260.jpg

And immediately knew everything would be okay.

I haven't seen a better example posted in this thread yet. Nobody bought into Ledger playing this role, everyone was like: 'wtf? ahahahaha'

And I'll just go ahead and say it: he didn't just go on to nail the role, he gave one of the best cinematic performances of the last 2 decades -and an all time great performance regardless of time period ever captured on film. Talk about acting and owning a fucking role.

Its even more impressive when you consider who he was going to be held up against and compared to:

Ever-dance-with-the-devil-in-the-pale-moolight-joker-batman.gif

I haven't seen a better example posted in this thread yet. Nobody bought into Ledger playing this role, everyone was like: 'wtf? ahahahaha'

And I'll just go ahead and say it: he didn't just go on to nail the role, he gave one of the best cinematic performances of the last 2 decades -and an all time great performance regardless of time period ever captured on film. Talk about acting and owning a fucking role.

Its even more impressive when you consider who he was going to be held up against and compared to:

Ever-dance-with-the-devil-in-the-pale-moolight-joker-batman.gif

Different performances. I think Nicholson matched it in his own way.

It's like comparing blowjobs to Steak though.

Why not have both? :p

In Tango and Cash, Stallone was initially cast as Gabriel Cash and Kurt Russell as Raymond Tango. They ended up switching roles, thankfully. It would have been an entirely different movie.

Different performances. I think Nicholson matched it in his own way.

I never said one was better than the other, and I understand that they are much differently played. Part of the point I was trying to make was that Ledger stepped into a role that a giant had played before him when he wasn't nearly as respected, and he more than held his own.

People also laughed at the Idea of Keaton playing Batman.

People also laughed at the Idea of Keaton playing Batman.

I don't remember as much backlash about that as Ledger playing the Joker in all honesty. Doubly true when you consider there was no other Batman movie to Judge Jack and Keaton by before they did it.

There was a big standard for the Joker by time Heath came along. Now the role of the Joker is that much more revered because of Jack and Heaths versions.

People also laughed at the idea of Bruce Willis as an action star going into Die Hard.

Obviously he nailed it as John McClane.

Clint and Jack Nicholson considered doing Big Trouble in Little China but were busy. It was originally going to be set in the old west.

Clint and Jack Nicholson considered doing Big Trouble in Little China but were busy. It was originally going to be set in the old west.

Sounds like Shanghai Noon

Big Trouble was legendary
almost as good as Tango & Cash

Back