Non-Thread Worthy Boxing News part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Hopkin/Taylor 2 now. P4P worst national anthem ever.

Gotta love the way Vasquez took a beating in the fifth then ran out of his corner in round six to meet Marquez.
Sucks those fights are so hard to find.

Mike Tyson is in an episode of shark week on discovery that is running this week. He swims with sharks and is terrified.

he’s pretty funny in his interactions.

his instructor is a former navy seal who lost an arm and leg to a bull shark. Tyson takes one look at him and says, “wait, you’re the guy who is going to train me how to not get bit?”

Lol so DLH is coming out of retirement again, who should the Golden Ladyboy fight in his return to the ring?

Jean-Baptiste Mendy passed away at 57, from pancreatic cancer.

WBA and WBC lightweight champion.

Beat Oruzbek Nazarov (had wins over Gamache and Leavander Johnson), lost to Miguel Angel Gonzalez (fun scrap) and Stevie Johnson.

2 title bouts against fellow Frenchmen Khalid Rahilou (had a win over Frankie Randall) and Julien Lorcy (career ended by Juan Diaz).

What happened with Dana/UFC and boxing? I don't give two shits for him, but I would always be for somebody pouring money into mainstream events for fans---and to potentially create new fans. Don't care if it's Arum, Hearn, Oscar, Haymon or Dana/UFC if it's good for promoting the sport, though that would certainly be debatable and remains to be seen.

Ajagba calls out AJ for an all Nigerian fight in Africa. Not gonna happen, but Ajagba getting his name out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back