Non-Thread Worthy Boxing News part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

XCuTioNeR

Mundo Hispano FECARBOX Champion
@Titanium
Reaction score
Chris Mannix @chrismannixsi

"Tremendous news for @USSCunningham: Daughter Kennedy's heart transplant was a success. After a four-hour surgery, she's in recovery."

What Fight is this from
fortuna2.gif

i want to see this white boy checking in real time

I just noticed that Ring has partner with Amazon and you can sub for 2.99 a month with Amazon Prime and you get about 30 fights they have uploaded from 2000 til now.

I am not sure its worth it but worth mentioning,

Brutal KO in prizefighter just now

I just noticed that Ring has partner with Amazon and you can sub for 2.99 a month with Amazon Prime and you get about 30 fights they have uploaded from 2000 til now.

I am not sure its worth it but worth mentioning,

If you have a Roku, you get Ring for free. But yeah, it's pretty cool.

I think that's Tank from Mayweather's stable.

Froch considering coming out of retirement to fight DeGale in the Spring.

http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-why-not-give-degale-pasting-next-spring--97994

I actually hope it happens. DeGale is a good fighter and the publicity he'd get fighting Froch (and Froch is definitely beatable for DeGale) would really help him going forward. A Groves rematch and maybe Badou Jack are also decent fights for him, but beating Froch would give him some exposure (for a British Olympic gold medalist he doesn't seem to have much of a following in the UK).

Did you guys ever watch Anthony Small?

He had some good fights and had some potential, his fight with Halls was good but then he ended up losing a fight and ended up turning into a extremist apparently

He doesn't have a British following because of his personality

I thought that was a good decision. His manager apologized for Rios saying he was going to retire; that's a weird thing to be sorry about.

The dude that was involved in the murder suicide earlier today in LA was part of TMT, apparently him and flew partied a bit in the past

I think it's odd that Rios blamed Arum for being fat. Sure, Arum should have gotten him a fight quicker than he did. But what kind of professional athlete lets himself get 50 pounds overweight in 6 months?

I think Rios should retire. He clearly doesn't take care of himself, and he seems to have emotional issues too. Maybe it's normal, or maybe it's because he's been hit in the head too much. But either way, a fight with Provodnikov is not what Rios needs at this stage of his life.

Apparently he was on facetime with Floyd when he killed himself and girlfriend

That deserves an actual thread if it's own

jeff mayweather taking a ride in a tesla using its "insane" mode. also in the car are mma fighter raque pa'aluhi and kickboxer amer abdallah.

You seem to have a fondness for boxers from Asia. Is there a reason you follow them so closely or do you just tend to enjoy lower weight classes more than most people?

lower weight classes have a lot of elite asian fighters and those lower weight classes are usually my favorites. That's why you won't see my talking about guys above 130 that are Asian (well, with a few obvious exceptions like Pac).

The other thing is a lot of the Asian guys I like are legitimately top boxers and IMO it'd just be wrong of me as a boxing fan not to follow their careers. Pong, for instance, was a top 10 P4P guy for at least two years. can't skip over that. Chris John, Hasegawa, Nietes, Nishioka, Uchiyama, Inoue, and Yamanaka as well.

Plus, their fights are fairly easy to find and steam online. Other than SK, I think I'm the youngest active member of this forum (20) so for me, it's a lot different because watching boxers from the other end of hte world is easy through youtube and streaming; whereas you guys only heard about foreign boxers through Ring Magazine and short clips in your times around my age.

I'm white though; and not a weaboo (if you know what that term means). But I will admit that I tend to root for foreigners against American boxers, dunno why; I guess I just don't like the idea that Americans consider the US the center of the boxing world and that they feel that non-Americans have to "prove" themselves more. I'll admit though, that I have an obvious bias towards European boxers because I was born in France.

I wonder how much Floyd actually saw. Fucked up thing for anyone to witness...

lower weight classes have a lot of elite asian fighters and those lower weight classes are usually my favorites. That's why you won't see my talking about guys above 130 that are Asian (well, with a few obvious exceptions like Pac).

The other thing is a lot of the Asian guys I like are legitimately top boxers and IMO it'd just be wrong of me as a boxing fan not to follow their careers. Pong, for instance, was a top 10 P4P guy for at least two years. can't skip over that. Chris John, Hasegawa, Nietes, Nishioka, Uchiyama, Inoue, and Yamanaka as well.

Plus, their fights are fairly easy to find and steam online. Other than SK, I think I'm the youngest active member of this forum (20) so for me, it's a lot different because watching boxers from the other end of hte world is easy through youtube and streaming; whereas you guys only heard about foreign boxers through Ring Magazine and short clips.

I'm white though; and not a weaboo (if you know what that term means). But I will admit that I tend to root for foreigners against American boxers, dunno why; I guess I just don't like the idea that Americans consider the US the center of the boxing world and that they feel that non-Americans have to "prove" themselves more. I'll admit though, that I have an obvious bias towards European boxers because I was born in France.

You lost me. Youtube? You mean like a tube television? Or a tube amplifier? Sigh. Fuck it, I'm gonna grab my Ring Magazine and gingerly walk my old ass to the toilet to try to pass this Kidney stone.

You lost me. Youtube? You mean like a tube television? Or a tube amplifier? Sigh. Fuck it, I'm gonna grab my Ring Magazine and gingerly walk my old ass to the toilet to try to pass this Kidney stone.

it's this thing where they mentally stream live boxing matches to you while you're on the shitter. It's pretty great. Used to just spend all day in the bathroom in high school just waiting to pass a big one so that I could watch Pong fight. The only problem is that once you're done, the fight stops streaming; so I'd eat Chipotle, PF changs, and MacDonalds every day so that I'd get to watch hours of fights at a time.

Have fun with Ring; I head that since DLH took over the magazine has a centerfold of him in nettings every month.

it's this thing where they mentally stream live boxing matches to you while you're on the shitter. It's pretty great. Used to just spend all day in the bathroom in high school just waiting to pass a big one so that I could watch Pong fight. The only problem is that once you're done, the fight stops streaming; so I'd eat Chipotle, PF changs, and MacDonalds every day so that I'd get to watch hours of fights at a time.

Have fun with Ring; I head that since DLH took over the magazine has a centerfold of him in nettings every month.

Highly recommended album...

Oscar-De-La-Hoya.jpg

I've been checking out some amateur boxing over the last couple of days and I have to say that I am all kinds of impressed with the young Cuban bantamweight, Andy Cruz. Think he's only 19 years-old. But he's already a tremendous talent. Won the Pan Ams earlier this year and then likely would have won Worlds too if the judges didn't rip him off early in the tournament. With fair judging next year in Rio I'd say he's a cinch to win gold in his class. Probably the favourite for the Val Barker award as well. He's really, really good. Check him out on youtube if you have a few minutes to spare.

[YT]8zWURTkUMhQ[/YT]

Dunno if this is recent or not, since I'm just a casual boxing fan.

Oscar looks like crap in this video. Fat, unshaven, and looks like he's been drinking.

[YT]8zWURTkUMhQ[/YT]

Dunno if this is recent or not, since I'm just a casual boxing fan.

Oscar looks like crap in this video. Fat, unshaven, and looks like he's been drinking.

is normal.

What's the consensus here on the Anthony Joshua vs Dillian Whyte fight?

After watching both of them and hearing pros speak out on the fight it seems as though Dillian Whyte is a VERY live dog at +900 no?

Broner has to be at least 180. I might be a little taller than him and weigh 170, and I aint that fat.

There's a MMA fighters from Serbia that made a thread in the heavy's asking for donations. He has Glaucoma & needs surgery to repair his vision. I donated $100 a couple nights ago. Didn't see a sticky thread here so I thought I'd share so that maybe some of you might help.

yeah i saw a video with Broner and Berto at the Bradley fight and Berto was making fun of him. Broner said joking that was gonna make MW his next fight.

There's a MMA fighters from Serbia that made a thread in the heavy's asking for donations. He has Glaucoma & needs surgery to repair his vision. I donated $100 a couple nights ago. Didn't see a sticky thread here so I thought I'd share so that maybe some of you might help.

I play starcraft and heroes of the storm. Me bum bum itches, pls send me monies.

I don't much care for Stevenson but I'm pretty sure this is not the something they have done in the past. Ring belt is lost in the ring or vacated.

They have a policy about facing a top 5 opponent in a certain time period. That's why ward lost his.

YPH should probably lose his because according to Jay, he retired

Urgh, Russian sources are stating that David Haye could be facing RJJ in Moscow, instead of the rumoured Enzo Mac fight.

I don't much care for Stevenson but I'm pretty sure this is not the something they have done in the past. Ring belt is lost in the ring or vacated.

No, it's just something they don't typically have to do because most champions actually fight solid competition on a regular basis.

That would be a crime.

The murder of Marquez at the hands of Estrada goes down tomorrow.
Both came in at 112.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back