Nobody in the Current HW division would be Top 10 in PRIDE. Sorry but a fireman is the champ LMFAO.

Lol, Fedor couldn't even hang with a MW when he got to America. Pride is as trash as it was fake.
except the times he knocked out two ufc champs in arlovski (who was riding knockouts of rothwell and nelson and a decision over werdum, all of whom are still a live concern in the ufc to this day) and sylvia in california
and hendo and werdum were pride fighters too

I like Stipe but I have to laugh at anybody bringing up the "Croatian genetics" BS to hype him up.

Stipe is slow, not very quick, very much the same size or even smaller than the other heavyweights, and durability isn't all that much better.

His basics are very good. His strategy is good. That's how he wins.

Overeem could have very easily beaten him last time had the fight went another route. Heavyweights aren't exactly dominating each other because of the burden of the risk of the one-strike knockout.

LMFAO...If anything USADA showed us that the majority of UFC fighters were on the juice.

STIPE was in the UFC before USADA and looked like crap...he got KTFO by struve.
chilt.jpg

Imagine what a giant like schilt with legit stand up skills unlike Struve would've done to STIPE
Taken down and submitted like he did against Barnett.

Let's look at this as prime Pride HW's circa 2003/2004/2005 (Fedor, CC, Big Nog, Barentt, Coleman, Randleman with no USADA) vs current UFC HW roster.

Prime CC would decapitate Stipe easily and the rest of the division except he would struggle against the pressure and wrestling of Cain. However, straight left, or unexpected LHK could end Cain instantly.

Fedor would eventually drop everyone with his quickness/power and either win by TKO/Sub, though I also think he struggles against Cain.

Big Nog would Frankenstein his way to the top of the ranks, but lose every decision to the top guys like Stipe, Werdum and econoReem. All have better strikes and Werdum's BJJ is superior. I could see him catching Cain in a sub late rounds though. I think Reem beats him because he can survive on the ground now and do enough damage without gassing to earn a decision.

Barnett gets wrestle fucked by Cain, KO'd/TFO'd by Stipe, and subbed by Werdum

Coleman/Randleman could out wrestle and GNP some big players, but I see them in the same role they were in Pride. Always a threat, but still too one dimensional to worry anyone.

I haven't seen Ngannou tested enough so I can't say how he does against Pride's elite HW and I don't think Black Beast has the endurance to e a threat. Mark Hunt is better than he was in Pride, but his chin isn't the same and he probably lose to his old self and prime CC/Fedor.

In summation, it boils down to match ups, as it always does, but Pride's prime HW division holds the title, or always threatens IMO and that says a lot about how good they were, despite the 13 year gap from its prime days vs today's UFC roster.

edit I forgot Sergei but I've typed enough, curious as to other's thoughts on how he'd do.
Ya but no usada proves nothing.He could have been juicing like the rest.Tbh I bet 90% of pride juiced

Let's look at this as prime Pride HW's circa 2003/2004/2005 (Fedor, CC, Big Nog, Barentt, Coleman, Randleman with no USADA) vs current UFC HW roster.

Prime CC would decapitate Stipe easily and the rest of the division except he would struggle against the pressure and wrestling of Cain. However, straight left, or unexpected LHK could end Cain instantly.

Fedor would eventually drop everyone with his quickness/power and either win by TKO/Sub, though I also think he struggles against Cain.

Big Nog would Frankenstein his way to the top of the ranks, but lose every decision to the top guys like Stipe, Werdum and econoReem. All have better strikes and Werdum's BJJ is superior. I could see him catching Cain in a sub late rounds though. I think Reem beats him because he can survive on the ground now and do enough damage without gassing to earn a decision.

Coleman/Randleman could out wrestle and GNP some big players, but I see them in the same role they were in Pride. Always a threat, but still too one dimensional to worry anyone.

I haven't seen Ngannou tested enough so I can't say how he does against Pride's elite HW and I don't think Black Beast has the endurance to e a threat. Mark Hunt is better than he was in Pride, but his chin isn't the same and he probably lose to his old self and prime CC/Fedor.

In summation, it boils down to match ups, as it always does, but Pride's prime HW division holds the title, or always threatens IMO and that says a lot about how good they were, despite the 13 year gap from its prime days vs today's UFC roster.

edit I forgot Sergei but I've typed enough, curious as to other's thoughts on how he'd do.
Fedor was great in a Japan and came to the states and was absolutely shit .Take it for what you want

Prime Fedor / Cro Cop / Nog would've beaten those guys.

Maybe even the JBG Wand Silva, if roided up

Stipe would have curb stomped Fedor through the mat

Fedor was great in a Japan and came to the states and was absolutely shit .

Not initially. First 3 fights in his US run was a win over Arlovski, a complete annihilation of big Tim and a win over the at the time undefeated Brett Rogers. All of them were top 10 HWs at the time. I think AA and Tim were top 5.

Pride is gone. This argument is completely retarded.

It's like claiming Jesus could beat up Superman. Nothing you're talking about is real. Shut your whiny whore mouth already.

And Werdum, Hunt, and Anderson Silva couldn't hang with the best guys over there.

And that's not to mention the great Pele Landi, fresh off finishing wins over Miletich and the great Matt Hughes, going to Pride and losing to Matsui (only time I ever saw Matsui win a fight).

Sorry to spoil your childhood, but Pride MMA was fake, lmao

except the times he knocked out two ufc champs in arlovski (who was riding knockouts of rothwell and nelson and a decision over werdum, all of whom are still a live concern in the ufc to this day) and sylvia in california
and hendo and werdum were pride fighters too

He got choked out by Werdum you dummyt. I swear Pride dorks need some SERIOUS help lmao

I see the UFC division..and I see nobody being able to compete in PRIDE FC.

I mean JDS is completely gone, current Cain is too.....Werdum looks like absolute crap...Overeem looks like crap.

The Champ STIPE almost got KTFO by the Reem..he looks abysmal.....No Pop in his punches, no speed, , no
explosiveness

PRIME Sergei Kharitnov would of KO'd him and Sergei was barely top 10....Stipe is a just a poormans Sergei.

Only Francis Ngannou has chance of cracking PRIDEs top 10....but even then, I am not sure.
Stipe would have went on the same run Fedor had + Fedor would be on his resume as well

A couple of the top 5 guys would beat Fedor too

I agree with TS.
PRIDE > UFC

Let's look at this as prime Pride HW's circa 2003/2004/2005 (Fedor, CC, Big Nog, Barentt, Coleman, Randleman, all with no USADA) vs current UFC HW roster.

Stipe is the greatest heavyweight mixed martial artist in the history of the world. He would beat them all.

Back