Nobody in the Current HW division would be Top 10 in PRIDE. Sorry but a fireman is the champ LMFAO.

Even the past prime HW's of today would destroy the overrated Pride FC HW's.

And lol @ people comparing Sergei to Stipe. The only reason for that is because both are white slavics who mainly use boxing. That's where it stops.

Is that why the 67 year old Hunt is still dojng so well?
Is that why Werdum lost to prime versions of Big Nog, Arlovski, and Sergei? Oh yea, when he made his run to the UFC title it was because he "improved". Sure...

Any current top UFC fighter, roided or not, would destroy entire Pride roster of unidimensional HWs, mainly the jap fighters and Pride was also rigged so the jap fighters could win fights and get in the rankings among the tops.

Is that why Werdum lost to prime versions of Big Nog, Arlovski, and Sergei? Oh yea, when he made his run to the UFC title it was because he "improved". Sure...

Mark Hunt learned to defend takedowns and submissions. Even Werdum didn't submit him, whereas in Japan he would get submitted by LHW's and even MW's.

Werdum not only learned how to strike but became great at it, one of the best muay thai strikers now. He KTFO Hunt while your Pride idols panic wrestled against him(Fedor).

Yes, "sure". Pride fans really don't think fighters can improve.(Oh but they insist that they can decline overnight though. Especially when their idols all of a sudden fight in America/octagons and start losing. Right Fedor? Nog? Cro Cop?)

Last edited:
werdum against Cain and Browne (the first) is the best Werdum has ever looked, yeah... I would say he improved. Definitely, the Werdum that beat Cain is better than the Werdum that beat Fedor

Bob Sapp, a bad football player was a top 5-10 figher in Pride lol, just to see how much rigged that shit was, and there was also a lot of japcans between the top 5 and 10 of each division lol, what a joke.

Last edited:
The current UFC HW scene is demonstrably bad. Guys past their prime are at the top of the division. There might be some substance to the OP. That being said, I think Stipe is being underrated a little.

Any current top UFC fighter, roided or not, would destroy entire Pride roster of unidimensional HWs.

You say that like Derrick Lewis wasnt one win away from most likely earning a title shot just now. But yeah sure Fedor, Nog, Barnett etc were one dimensional...

Bob Sapp, a bad football player was a top 5-10 figher in Pride lol, just to see how much rigged that shit was.

He went 2-1 there, winning against a guy on a 4 fight losing streak and a guy with more losses than wins, and he outweighed both by 100+lbs...so not exactly.

Derp Derp Pride Derp Derp Pride....

It was an awesome organization that had some fun fights, but the MMA fans that obsess over it have and always will be irritating.

The truth is that some fighters perform better in a ring vs a cage, so you'll never know how any Pride fighters would have done unless they actually made the transition.

Look at Cro Cop and Shogun they were at the top of their games when they came to the UFC and weren't even close to as dominant, because their kickboxing style is more effective in a ring.

Everybody know that PRIDE HW is the golden master race. And UFC HW is crap.

I dont completely agree (think 3 or 4 guys would be top 10) but no doubt PRIDEs top 10 in the mid 2000s was far better and HWs as a whole if u wanna take globally

luled at fireman part tho

I m a PRIDE nuthugger, but this is full retard delusion

Like Big Nog who got KO'd THEN Submitted my Frank Mir? Or are you talking about Cro Cop who got high kick KO'd in his prime by Gonzaga? Gabriel friggen Gonzaga, who got absolutely annihilated by a 43 yr old Randy Couture in his next fight.

As far as I'm concerned the only Pride HW who would ever have had a shot against the Stipe we saw fight JDS, is Fedor. Even then, that fight would be a toss up.

And the 125 and 145 lbs champs stream on Twitch. Your point ts?

You say that like Derrick Lewis wasnt one win away from most likely earning a title shot just now. But yeah sure Fedor, Nog, Barnett etc were one dimensional...

He went 2-1 there, winning against a guy on a 4 fight losing streak and a guy with more losses than wins, and he outweighed both by 100+lbs...so not exactly.

In pride beating a guy on a 4 fight losing streak and a guy with more losses than wins DID make you a top 5-10 HW. Let's play a game, can you guys guess what time period Cro Cop fought in the UFC by his record? Here let me help you out. Notice anything about how it matches up with his wins and losses?

upload_2017-6-11_16-33-28.png

werdum against Cain and Browne (the first) is the best Werdum has ever looked, yeah... I would say he improved. Definitely, the Werdum that beat Cain is better than the Werdum that beat Fedor
Jus´curious... Did u watch Werdum vs Erickson / Zentsov / Kharitonov ?

Like Big Nog who got KO'd THEN Submitted my Frank Mir? Or are you talking about Cro Cop who got high kick KO'd in his prime by Gonzaga? Gabriel friggen Gonzaga, who got absolutely annihilated by a 43 yr old Randy Couture in his next fight.

As far as I'm concerned the only Pride HW who would ever have had a shot against the Stipe we saw fight JDS, is Fedor. Even then, that fight would be a toss up.
B dart.gif

In pride beating a guy on a 4 fight losing streak and a guy with more losses than wins DID make you a top 5-10 HW.

Nog and Fujita beat him, Cro Cop, Coleman, Schilt, Herring, Erickson, Kerr, Igor and Yvel at the very least would have all beaten him, Fedor, Barnett, Kharitanov, Aleks etc hadnt arrived yet when he was there IIRC.

can you guys guess what time period Cro Cop fought in the UFC by his record? Here let me help you out. Notice anything about how it matches up with his wins and losses?

Sure, but then on the other hand guys like Werdum and Reem who werent considered on his level in Pride went on to do much better in the UFC. So that doesnt tell the whole story.

Lol wut? there were way more big guys in Pride than the current UFC.

cans dont count.
Even josh barnett weighed in the 230s for his most recent fight. his size was always blown up.
Coleman was a light heavyweight all along. Randleman was a middleweight. Throw in a few kickboxers with shitty ground game like Semmy here n there n all around freakshow cans like bob sapp and Zulu... they don't count either. I'm obviously talking about the top ranked guys at the time. They're all small HWs and that ones who came to the UFC/strikeforce did pretty shitty for the most part.

Last edited:
Back