No Limit Hold 'Em Poker Discussion

PLO is gross but the most fun and profitable

and evil balance

Man oh my fucking God. So last night I enter into this $11 PLO tournament and I never play these fucking things because it's PLOLOLOL but for fun I did.

So I make it fucking deep, I remember going on the last break I had and I was sitting at 1/33. I'm thinking ok I can make a final table from here maybe. So I play right poker and bam I'm on the final fucking table about 45 minutes later with 4 other people left.

I get into this hand and I'm in the BB with KK78. Guy raises and it folds to me and I just call here because every spot is money and there's two stacks half the size of mine. Flop comes K99. Oh my fucking God JACKPOT BABY. I check and the raiser pots it and we get it all in. Dude has A978. DONT YOU FUCKING KNOW THE LAST 9 PEELS OFF AND HE HAS IT. BUSTED!!!

This game is fucking brutal. I'm so fucking happy and so fucking tilted at the same time. Arghhhhh FUUUUUU ahklsfhlkfsjjdf

The beats like that, which basically play themselves, are far less painful than when some donk gets 200 bb with a 6 high flush draw and cracks your top set, imo.

The beats like that, which basically play themselves, are far less painful than when some donk gets 200 bb with a 6 high flush draw and cracks your top set, imo.
Man dish out all the bad beats to me in a cash game that's ok. Please, pretty please, pretty pretty fucking please don't let it happen to me when I'm on a final table with 5 people left and I get it all in at about 95%.

Was I cheated.

2/2

Started wit 900

KhKd

Early position made it 9.

On button, I made it 25. They made it 60. I made it 150. They call.

Flop: 9d 7c 2c

They check, I bet 200. They call.

Turn: 2d

They check, I bet 350. They call.

River: 9h.

They go all in. I snap.

They show 9c 4d

Was I cheated.

2/2

Started wit 900

KhKd

They go all in. I snap.

They show 9c 4d
friday-movie-daaamn.gif

There isn't much else to say except where the fuck do you play so I can get in deez games.

Was I cheated.

2/2

Started wit 900

KhKd

They go all in. I snap.

They show 9c 4d

I mean... wtf..? lol.
How had he been playing in the last hour? Was this person on tilt due to a previous bad beat?

Can't really explain the pre-flop action aside from tilting or he was gunning/trying to make a play against you.
Post flop he's got the top pair and was hoping/praying you were betting with Ax or Kx suited.

Agree w/ Domitian. Where you playin'?

Incidentally I am heading to Vegas this Wednesday and will be there for 5 days.
Gonna be playing poker... again.. and again.. and again.. can't wait.
First stop will be Aria. :)

I mean... wtf..? lol.
How had he been playing in the last hour? Was this person on tilt due to a previous bad beat?

Can't really explain the pre-flop action aside from tilting or he was gunning/trying to make a play against you.
Post flop he's got the top pair and was hoping/praying you were betting with Ax or Kx suited.

Agree w/ Domitian. Where you playin'?

Incidentally I am heading to Vegas this Wednesday and will be there for 5 days.
Gonna be playing poker... again.. and again.. and again.. can't wait.
First stop will be Aria. :)

Was a girl.

Regular player, I know quite well. Actually a half decent player, normally.

Asked her about it. She said because I was on the beer, thought I could have anything, and was targetting me. I said, still, opening 9 4 off, early, then 4 betting AND calling a big 5-bet???? She shrugged.

Don't really believe I was cheated, but we all play those hands where we question what the fuck just happened..... see the Garrett v Robbi hand last year.

Played her again yesterday, and I lost a big one to her, all-in pre, AA<JJ.......was a 3rd player in the pot pushing the action too, who got away claiming KK.

Was a girl.

Regular player, I know quite well. Actually a half decent player, normally.

Asked her about it. She said because I was on the beer, thought I could have anything, and was targetting me. I said, still, opening 9 4 off, early, then 4 betting AND calling a big 5-bet???? She shrugged.

Don't really believe I was cheated, but we all play those hands where we question what the fuck just happened..... see the Garrett v Robbi hand last year.

Played her again yesterday, and I lost a big one to her, all-in pre, AA<JJ.......was a 3rd player in the pot pushing the action too, who got away claiming KK.

Wasn't Garrett vs Robbi a legit robbery?

Wasn't Garrett vs Robbi a legit robbery?

He thinks it was, but there was no evidence to say it was.

Definitely suspect, but if she did cheat in that spot, she'd be a moron.....like potripper back in the day.

1/2 holdem w/ straddle. Stacks are about 800 effective.

9d10d on the button.

Early position raises to 11. 1 caller. I make it 35. Original raiser calls.

Flop: 9c Ad Qd. Villain checks. I bet 40. He raises to 100. I call.

Turn: 9h. He bets 120. I raise to 280. He calls

River: 10c. He checks. I push for about 380.

He stands up annoyed. Says he knows I have aces and open folds, QQ.

His logic was actually sound, I was repping huge strength, on every street. Not even sure I should bet the river.

Still can't fold QQ there ever, really. Guy is actually very good.

1/2 holdem w/ straddle. Stacks are about 800 effective.

9d10d on the button.

Early position raises to 11. 1 caller. I make it 35. Original raiser calls.

Flop: 9c Ad Qd. Villain checks. I bet 40. He raises to 100. I call.

Turn: 9h. He bets 120. I raise to 280. He calls

River: 10c. He checks. I push for about 380.

He stands up annoyed. Says he knows I have aces and open folds, QQ.

His logic was actually sound, I was repping huge strength, on every street. Not even sure I should bet the river.

Still can't fold QQ there ever, really. Guy is actually very good.

That's a play you might make in a tournament but cash game? I can't see myself not calling that. You have to call and eat the loss if the opponent has the AA. Logically I agree with you and see his point but you're the button. You are in the best position to be raising with such a larger range you can have almost anything. Therefore he has to call with Qs. If he actually though you had AA then he might as well have folded on the flop because he'd not worried about the straight/flush and he'd be chasing the last Q to beat you (AND he's gotta avoid your 4th Ace). Poor play on his part IMO but great for you since you took down the pot.

That's a play you might make in a tournament but cash game? I can't see myself not calling that. You have to call and eat the loss if the opponent has the AA. Logically I agree with you and see his point but you're the button. You are in the best position to be raising with such a larger range you can have almost anything. Therefore he has to call with Qs. If he actually though you had AA then he might as well have folded on the flop because he'd not worried about the straight/flush and he'd be chasing the last Q to beat you (AND he's gotta avoid your 4th Ace). Poor play on his part IMO but great for you since you took down the pot.

Obviously just a hero fold yeah.....have to call there 99%. At the same time mine is one of the only real value hand he beats.

Guess he just over thought it. As I said guy is a good player and makes a good living playing, I believe. Funny as it sounds, only 2 players contemplate folding there.......really bad players and really good players.

Obviously just a hero fold yeah.....have to call there 99%. At the same time mine is one of the only real value hand he beats.

Guess he just over thought it. As I said guy is a good player and makes a good living playing, I believe. Funny as it sounds, only 2 players contemplate folding there.......really bad players and really good players.
It's hard to envision a scenario where you fold Queens there. Ever. No flush on the board, no straight. The only thing you have to worry about is AA and 99. Now, 99 is possible here, but you have to make that call.

I do have a bit of a critique though. With suited connectors you should play more as a drawing hand where you invite as many players in the pot as possible pre. Because if you hit, and suited connectors can hit big, ideally you want to get paid off and the more people in the pot the better chance of that. I prefer to isolate more with pocket pairs and broadways rather than suited connectors. It's just a thought, more theory than a critique I guess that was the wrong word. You played the hand perfectly fine and I know you had the button.

Last edited:
He should retire for folding that hand

There's no scenario you don't call with QQ there. None. Not even if you know he has aces. You have the third nuts with over half your stack in. Like poster above stated, he shouldn't be playing if he's willing to lay down QQ there.

There's no scenario you don't call with QQ there. None. Not even if you know he has aces. You have the third nuts with over half your stack in. Like poster above stated, he shouldn't be playing if he's willing to lay down QQ there.

What? If you know he has AA of course you fold.

What? If you know he has AA of course you fold.
You willing lose money in the long run, then. The overwhelming odds are that you would be ahead in that scenario, even your opponent is representing strength, and you beleive them. You'll lose with QQ there once in a blue moon, but it's still a bad lay down. .

You willing lose money in the long run, then. The overwhelming odds are that you would be ahead in that scenario, even your opponent is representing strength, and you beleive them. You'll lose with QQ there once in a blue moon, but it's still a bad lay down. .

You said you call even if you know he has AA? LOL yeah I'm the one losing money long run when you're calling knowing you have 0%.

You said you call even if you know he has AA? LOL yeah I'm the one losing money long run when you're calling knowing you have 0%.

You’re taking “know” literally. How would one know with certainty what their opponent has? They don’t. “Know”, in this context, means “to have a strong suspicion”. If you have a strong suspicion you’re QQ is beat here, you should still call, given the strength of your hand, and how rare it is for a third-nut FH to get beat, when the board doesn’t have three-of-a-kind on the board. So to reiterate; you will lose money on that long-term, even if you suspect your opponent to have AA.

You’re taking “know” literally. How would one know with certainty what their opponent has? They don’t. “Know”, in this context, means “to have a strong suspicion”. If you have a strong suspicion you’re QQ is beat here, you should still call, given the strength of your hand, and how rare it is for a third-nut FH to get beat, when the board doesn’t have three-of-a-kind on the board. So to reiterate; you will lose money on that long-term, even if you suspect your opponent to have AA.

So you don't know, you suspect.

Almost like 2 words with 2 different meanings changes the meaning of your post.

Yes it's clearly not a winning fold, no one really said otherwise.

Back