No Limit Hold 'Em Poker Discussion

I figured it was this type of situation.
10 7 is a middling 2 pair to be jamming. Although, without the straight or flush in play, your chances of getting it through increase.

That's a nice hand to see a flop with. Lots of straight opportunities with any cards 6-A & being double suited gives you 2 flush opportunities.
Have to disagree there. That board is a big brick what's he trying to rep here? 444? Nothing makes sense except a miracle straight or a bluff. Not the best time to be check raising all in.

Nevertheless, bluffing a dumb fish/whale is a bad idea.

Last edited:
Have to disagree there. That board is a big brick what's he trying to rep here? 444? Nothing makes sense except a miracle straight or a bluff. Not the best time to be check raising all in.

Nevertheless, bluffing a dumb fish/whale is a bad idea.
I didn't say it was a good idea.

I said he had a better chance of getting a fold because there was no straight or flush draw in play. 3 isn't (or shouldn't be) calling a check raise on the flop knowing he's likely playing for his stack on the turn.

As played, on the river he's rarely going to have a safer board to jam with his 10 7.

Last edited:
2/2 PLO

I have 99AJ in the SB. 4 bet pre, 3 way.

Flop comes Q98.

I bet pot. Goes, pot by villain 1, re-pot villain 2.

What do you do?

Deep down I feel that your fold was actually the correct call.

Not super familiar with PLO, but based on what I know that preflop action and flop action would have me concerned big-time that you were looking at stronger hands than you were currently holding.

From the outside looking in though, Omaha variants have always spoken to me in terms of making the hand, not holding a made hand, and looking for the value in improving your holdings. So that’s something I struggle with. This is in direct contrast to how I see Hold’em where in most scenarios I’m looking to extract the most value that I can whenever I think I am leading a hand or I am holding a strong hand.

With that being said I would have been extremely tempted to call and continue to the turn, but then you’d be committed to calling/pushing all-in.

Last edited:
Booked a nice 3k win yesterday playing 5/5 PLO......was close to being double that but lost a massive pot near the end when the villain filled up on river to beat my turned flush.

One hand of note.

I had KQJ10 in the bb. We get to a turn 3 way on board of QJ109. All the money goes in 3 way for about a 1200 pot. The two villains agree to run it twice (both have AKxx)......I say nothing. Dealer deals river Q, then immediately a second river 4.

I'm like WTF. Tell the dealer I didn't agree to run 2 rivers. She said I did. Rest of the table confirmed I didn't. Massive commotion. Accusations that I was angle shooting. Manager comes over, and awards me the whole pot. End up giving both of them 150 each to keep the peace.

Truth be told I'd of probably ran it twice (and normally do if the other player wants to) but wasn't given time to make my mind up.

I played religiously for a couple of years back in the day. I've only played sparingly since then. Limit Hold 'em was my game generally. Had some real marathon sessions at Canterbury Card Club in Shakopee, MN. I've lost any edge I may have had since then(against people who know what they are doing).

Does anyone still follow WSOP, WPT, etc?
I only really watched it when it was all over tv years ago, it was always on when I couldn’t sleep or was studying. I payed with pretend money online, only cause I’m not confident enough to bet real money, and even playing for very low limits amount friends at camps and cottages I fold way too easily.

Anyone else still in this?...Day 2 of 3 is being played right now. 1.5 M to 1st, over 1 M to 2nd

I got knocked out early, did 3 rebuys and didn't go far at all. Couldn't get anything going. Last time I checked there was close to 70 thousand entries and there down to 6800 players so their in ITM. Whoever wins this or even in the top 9 did very well for themselves.

I got knocked out early, did 3 rebuys and didn't go far at all. Couldn't get anything going. Last time I checked there was close to 70 thousand entries and there down to 6800 players so their in ITM. Whoever wins this or even in the top 9 did very well for themselves.
5300 are still in, im still alive with my 1 bullet...but desperate for a double up.

OUT with around 2800 left. Had <10BB and shoved TT, but ran into KK. GL if anyone else is still in!

That's pretty far when you consider how many entries there were. You did really good. Shoving tens in that situation is the correct move. You just unlucky to get called by Kings. But that's poker.

Pokerstars 25k is such good tv.

Man I miss poker.

2/2 PLO

Played like crap and ran bad for 4-5 hours. Was 3k, down. Decided to play one last 500 bullet. Grinded it up to 1500. Then doubled that up with a flopped set of kings vs middle set and a flush draw.

Very next hand:

KKJJ with hearts in the SB. Straddle and raise to me. I re-raise, BB re-raises, button calls, I call. Already about 400 in the pot. All 3 of us stacked to the gills.

Flop Kc10c3h. I check, BB, pots, button calls, I re-pot, BB re-pots all in, button folds, I snap. 6500 in the middle.

BB shows AcAsQcJs :eek:

Forget what happened next ;)

2/2 PLO

Played like crap and ran bad for 4-5 hours. Was 3k, down. Decided to play one last 500 bullet. Grinded it up to 1500. Then doubled that up with a flopped set of kings vs middle set and a flush draw.

Very next hand:

KKJJ with hearts in the SB. Straddle and raise to me. I re-raise, BB re-raises, button calls, I call. Already about 400 in the pot. All 3 of us stacked to the gills.

Flop Kc10c3h. I check, BB, pots, button calls, I re-pot, BB re-pots all in, button folds, I snap. 6500 in the middle.

BB shows AcAsQcJs :eek:

Forget what happened next ;)

Nice!!! It's a huge relief when you're running shitty most of the day and then finish up (and even better up by a lot) at the end.

Nice!!! It's a huge relief when you're running shitty most of the day and then finish up (and even better up by a lot) at the end.

Yeah. It's a really swingy game and plays huge for 2/2. In the last 6 sessions I've won 5 and lost 1.......minimum 2500 each time. Not unusual to see 15k on the table, which is crazy for 2/2 obviously.

Basically need to bluff big and make lots of thin calls to beat the game, which suits my game (especially after a beer or 6 ;)).

They run a 5/5 game too, on occasion, yet that plays a lot smaller.

2/2 PLO again

7789 double suited in the SB.

Get to a flop of 722 rainbow, with about 150 in the middle 3 way. All stacked roughly 500.

I check. Villain 1 bets pot, villain 2 calls, I re-pot all in assuming at least one of them has a 2....... both call!!!!!!

Turn A. River 2.

Show my hand 99% I've been either 1 outed, 2 outed or both. Both of them muck.

That's the game I've found myself in. :)

Played hold'em for first time in ages yesterday.

2/2 Ran pretty well for 2-3 hours running a 200 stack up to about 650, showing zero bluffs.

Then

KcQc in bb. Folds around to sb(who is deep stacked) who makes it 10. I re raise to 30. He calls.

Flop Ah 10d 4c. He checks. I bet 35. He calls

Turn 9c. He checks. I bet 75. He calls.

River 4d. He checks. I bet 210. He tanks for a good 5 minutes then calls with JJ.

3 hands later with J9, on a board of 7 8 3 10 2, I river bet 140 into a pot of 200, and he open folds 88.

Was I Mike Postled?

Played hold'em for first time in ages yesterday.

2/2 Ran pretty well for 2-3 hours running a 200 stack up to about 650, showing zero bluffs.

Then

KcQc in bb. Folds around to sb(who is deep stacked) who makes it 10. I re raise to 30. He calls.

Flop Ah 10d 4c. He checks. I bet 35. He calls

Turn 9c. He checks. I bet 75. He calls.

River 4d. He checks. I bet 210. He tanks for a good 5 minutes then calls with JJ.

3 hands later with J9, on a board of 7 8 3 10 2, I river bet 140 into a pot of 200, and he open folds 88.

Was I Mike Postled?

I don’t like how that first hand played out.

I think him jacking it up to 15x the bb when you already raised 5x is questionable, but at that point you should have had a strong sense that he was holding a powerful hand. Even if he overplayed it initially. I wouldn’t have been very confident in my KQs after that 4 bet and then the flop.

Honestly though, I am very surprised that he called your river bet. Despite how I don’t love the preflop decisions, that’s kind of a loose call on his part.

Back