Nicky rod shedding light on DDS split.

It say's a lot when your own brother decides to go with the people who are calling you the "poison".

Say's a lot when the Guru Danaher who spouts off about integrity, respect, humility breaks off with the biggest douche bag in the game.

It say's a lot when your own brother decides to go with the people who are calling you the "poison".

Say's a lot when the Guru Danaher who spouts off about integrity, respect, humility breaks off with the biggest douche bag in the game.

Danaher is like Gordon in a way too. Listen to the Joe Rogan episode. Danaher talks down on Joe plenty of times when explaining his philosophy of bjj.

Danaher is like Gordon in a way too. Listen to the Joe Rogan episode. Danaher talks down on Joe plenty of times when explaining his philosophy of bjj.
I remember that - well the bit that I could stand to watch. He's just too damn full of himself (or at least comes off that way). Hence, why I've never bought one of his instructional's; It feels like he's pissed off he has to lower himself to our level.

Will see.
We may or we may not, depending how much dirty laundry they want to air.

I can just say, my older brother and I are very close and he was basically a local legend for his physical strength. There was a certain point where I just preferred not to workout with him. People would often ask me why I didn't and a lot of it was I just wanted to do my own thing and not have someone else's shadow over me while I worked out or be constantly compared to what he was doing.

I'll grant that, when it comes to grappling with someone, especially going hard, he's my favorite partner by far. But I can still understand someone wanting to go out on their own, away from their older brother, with no animus.

I'm just mad he apparently dissed Caol Uno, if Matthew Polly's book is to be trusted.

The other guys ( B team ) probably are tired of Danaher nut hugging Gordan all the time. You would think it would get really old when Gordan is clearly his golden boy and cash cow.

What happened here?
Danaher asked Polly why he wore wrestling shoes. Polly said, "Caol Uno does." Danaher allegedly replied, "I wouldn't take that as a good thing." Or something to that effect. Then Polly goes into a brief digression about Caol Uno where he claims that he did poorly in America and well in Japan and thus likely won fixed fights in Japan. It was pretty stupid.

Danaher asked Polly why he wore wrestling shoes. Polly said, "Caol Uno does." Danaher allegedly replied, "I wouldn't take that as a good thing." Or something to that effect. Then Polly goes into a brief digression about Caol Uno where he claims that he did poorly in America and well in Japan and thus likely won fixed fights in Japan. It was pretty stupid.

They seem to have a friendly relationship, & Danaher seems to be a fan who goes out of his way to give Uno hespect on the social medias, including this post from July. Maybe that story is just an example of something that got spun out of context.

They seem to have a friendly relationship, & Danaher seems to be a fan who goes out of his way to give Uno hespect on the social medias, including this post from July. Maybe that story is just an example of something that got spun out of context.

Weird. Its definitely right there in Polly's book, "Tapped Out." Well, that makes it even more egregious on Polly's part then, I guess. Maybe by, "I wouldn't take that as a good thing," he just meant that Uno has no sense of fashion. Or maybe he didn't mean anything by it, really.

Oh, and that Instagram post was awesome. What a great story.

@Peteyandjia and @TheFakeMacoy

Here it is: https://books.google.com/books?id=-wDbCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=matthew+polly+caol+uno&source=bl&ots=Xst4iiak4h&sig=ACfU3U2wUVagaN7-U986a4SAPAGgJdc7GQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi3gcnghqjzAhVFHc0KHWHwAPIQ6AF6BAgPEAM#v=onepage&q=matthew polly caol uno&f=false

In hindsight, looks like Polly might have made too much of an off-hand comment by Danaher that didn't really mean much of anything. For no reason he decides to go into a digression that seems to discredit Uno.
Yeah, that quote makes it sound like he's being dickish to Uno for no reason. Saying Uno had no success in the US is bonkers. It's not like he fought BJ Penn to a draw or anything like that...

Yeah, that quote makes it sound like he's being dickish to Uno for no reason. Saying Uno had no success in the US is bonkers. It's not like he fought BJ Penn to a draw or anything like that...
Yeah, lol...exactly. Super bizarre. I think, re-reading it, Danaher's point was to rip on what Polly was wearing. And Polly sort of diverted it into a jab at Uno.

Yeah, lol...exactly. Super bizarre. I think, re-reading it, Danaher's point was to rip on what Polly was wearing. And Polly sort of diverted it into a jab at Uno.

Yeah, i think if anything it was Polly who had an agenda here, just connecting whatever random bits he could think up together to make a negative story about Uno.

I remember that - well the bit that I could stand to watch. He's just too damn full of himself (or at least comes off that way). Hence, why I've never bought one of his instructional's; It feels like he's pissed off he has to lower himself to our level.
He seems like a nice guy though on IG, if thats him. He is super responsive when I get stuck in details, or clarifications in technique. I guess dahaner is an inquired taste.

He seems like a nice guy though on IG, if thats him. He is super responsive when I get stuck in details, or clarifications in technique. I guess dahaner is an inquired taste.
He's like that on Facebook too. Very responsive.

Reactions: CI
Oh, and that Instagram post was awesome. What a great story.

Just to add my own little addendum: a zillion years ago when I was at Mundials, at some point during one of the hectic inbetweens of rushing from one place to the other inside the Pyramid, among the many passing faces I saw one that made me stop in my tracks: Caol Uno. I said his name. He must have had somewhere just above zero English, & I had somewhere just below zero Japanese, but we somehow communicated happily with sheer body language for about 30 seconds just standing there, ha. Then we each went back on about our hustling & bustling. Definitely one of the highlights for me, what a legend

Gordon named off 10 guys that were part of their team that are with them and 5 more that are coming from Puerto Rico to train with them.

Guys like Taza and Damian Anderson, that really big guy, ect. It seems like more people came with them.

Craig Jones seems like a very nice guy but he just joined them, Nicky Rod too. These guys really probably feel like they got what they needed and now it's time to move on. It's understandable.

The most surprising is Nicky Ryan, I think he will regret turning his back on family and people who invested so much into him but who knows. Maybe it was something pretty bad that made him do it.

Back