Nicky rod shedding light on DDS split.

Flo does give him the platform to act a fool but he has his constitutional rights to do so . I may not agree with most things he says but I still want him to speak his mind freely.

Maybe he'll look back and learn something about himself.
I love all of it, but I like the pro wrestling side of fighting. Some people absolutely hate it lol, Flo's comments are always filled with people pissed at them

I love all of it, but I like the pro wrestling side of fighting. Some people absolutely hate it lol, Flo's comments are always filled with people pissed at them

I have my issues with Flo, but I pay for subscription to help support grapplers. They recently did who number one where all winners got 30k . It's a great time if you're young to do bjj because the money will continue to grow.

I have my issues with Flo, but I pay for subscription to help support grapplers. They recently did who number one where all winners got 30k . It's a great time if you're young to do bjj because the money will continue to grow.
I think Flo is amazing, and people complain too much. Even people at my gym use my Flo subscription lol, like why don't you guys want to support BJJ? I started in 2017 so I'm kind of spoiled, but before Flo wasn't it pretty annoying to see everything? IBJJF still does a piss poor job of filming shit, and making it available for people

I think Flo is amazing, and people complain too much. Even people at my gym use my Flo subscription lol, like why don't you guys want to support BJJ? I started in 2017 so I'm kind of spoiled, but before Flo wasn't it pretty annoying to see everything? IBJJF still does a piss poor job of filming shit, and making it available for people

Ya. Budo Jake used to do some cool videos on bjj. But he basically got pushed out by Flo . Poor guy.

My recent issues with flow was with daily fresh . It was entertaining and great grapplers come out from that school.

My issue was that most of those grapplers in that tore down gym didn't have jobs or go to school. Even one of the episode one guy was trying to find his Birth certificate so he could get state benefits. These guys are all in their twenties.

I have two teens , one a boy who does bjj and is a HS wrestler. Flow promotes these young men who aren't doing nothing but bjj. If their going to do that then they should also promote top bjj players who are going to work or school and still are reaching the top.

I think that's more impressive then just training. We need to shed light on young individuals who are contributing to society at the same time doing bjj. Just showing guys with no jobs or schooling is not a good look for our youth.

Ya. Budo Jake used to do some cool videos on bjj. But he basically got pushed out by Flo . Poor guy.

My recent issues with flow was with daily fresh . It was entertaining and great grapplers come out from that school.

My issue was that most of those grapplers in that tore down gym didn't have jobs or go to school. Even one of the episode one guy was trying to find his Birth certificate so he could get state benefits. These guys are all in their twenties.

I have two teens , one a boy who does bjj and is a HS wrestler. Flow promotes these young men who aren't doing nothing but bjj. If their going to do that then they should also promote top bjj players who are going to work or school and still are reaching the top.

I think that's more impressive then just training. We need to shed light on young individuals who are contributing to society at the same time doing bjj. Just showing guys with no jobs or schooling is not a good look for our youth.
Yeah that's a good point, I didn't even think about that. My coach was wanting me and another guy to move into the gym after seeing that, I was like nah I'm gonna stay in my house lol

I wonder what those guys even do all day, I get training professionally takes a lot of time, but if they train 8 hours a day what do they do with the other 8 hours? Play video games or something?

Yeah that's a good point, I didn't even think about that. My coach was wanting me and another guy to move into the gym after seeing that, I was like nah I'm gonna stay in my house lol

I wonder what those guys even do all day, I get training professionally takes a lot of time, but if they train 8 hours a day what do they do with the other 8 hours? Play video games or something?

Hang out. Most of them are probably getting state benefits and putting their money together for food and bills. Some probably also work odd jobs to scrape by. It just hard for me to excuse young capable men not working or going to school. BJJ is not a solid profession to put all your eggs in one basket .

I remember when Michael lera dropped out of HS at 16 and decided to train bjj full time at that time he was the man at blue and purple winning everything. But then a wrench was thrown in the miyao brothers immerged and Keenan Cornelius. He basically got beat every match from them and fell down the rankings . He disappeared from comp for yrs. You just never know who will be the next name.

I came up through the ranks working and going to school. Add in training 4-5 times a week and having a kid. It was very difficult. I'm still proud that I was able to win the state titles multiple times in all belt ranks , got second in pans when at blue belt and won a few fight2wins at black belt. 3-0

Obviously it is harder now then when I was coming up because you have people strictly only doing bjj and nothing else. I just believe we should promote the youngsters who are doing other things plus bjj.

Hang out. Most of them are probably getting state benefits and putting their money together for food and bills. Some probably also work odd jobs to scrape by. It just hard for me to excuse young capable men not working or going to school. BJJ is not a solid profession to put all your eggs in one basket .

I remember when Michael lera dropped out of HS at 16 and decided to train bjj full time at that time he was the man at blue and purple winning everything. But then a wrench was thrown in the miyao brothers immerged and Keenan Cornelius. He basically got beat every match from them and fell down the rankings . He disappeared from comp for yrs. You just never know who will be the next name.

I came up through the ranks working and going to school. Add in training 4-5 times a week and having a kid. It was very difficult. I'm still proud that I was able to win the state titles multiple times in all belt ranks , got second in pans when at blue belt and won a few fight2wins at black belt. 3-0

Obviously it is harder now then when I was coming up because you have people strictly only doing bjj and nothing else. I just believe we should promote the youngsters who are doing other things plus bjj.
Yep, especially with the way things are going in the country... gonna be very useful to have real skills that are needed. I love BJJ, but if people start going broke, the last thing they are gonna pay is their gym fees... and if shit goes down again I don't see government stimulus money saving people this time

If you don't own a gym, and aren't a top 5 in the world (at least) I don't see how you could make money

Even Nick fuckin' Diaz was having trouble booking seminars and starting a gym lol

Yep, especially with the way things are going in the country... gonna be very useful to have real skills that are needed. I love BJJ, but if people start going broke, the last thing they are gonna pay is their gym fees... and if shit goes down again I don't see government stimulus money saving people this time

If you don't own a gym, and aren't a top 5 in the world (at least) I don't see how you could make money

Even Nick fuckin' Diaz was having trouble booking seminars and starting a gym lol

Well I own a gym and it's possible to make decent money. Having a name really helps but it's not everything.

Most people who do BJJ are not competitors and don't even know the top guys or the history of bjj. They come in because they heard joe Rogan talking about it on his podcast or watch the UFC and hear about BJJ.

It comes down to who market better online tbh and how you interact with your community. There's school all around but you don't see any of them promoting at all. Some don't even have their teams compete at local tournaments.

I've own my school for five yrs and have out grown schools who been around longer. They don't want to reinvest marketing capital and just want to pocket whatever profit they gain not understanding that you need a system to continue to recruit students when you are sleeping or teaching. It cost money though to do this online but it has been worth it.

Example , every month I'll spend about 1k on Google, email marketing to capture students . My return is around $380 for each student capture after paying 1k back. The more input in the more profit gains I will get.

Takes some time to get good at marketing and you have to always keep up with alogrithim changes on Google,Facebook and YouTube.

Well I own a gym and it's possible to make decent money. Having a name really helps but it's not everything.

Most people who do BJJ are not competitors and don't even know the top guys or the history of bjj. They come in because they heard joe Rogan talking about it on his podcast or watch the UFC and hear about BJJ.

It comes down to who market better online tbh and how you interact with your community. There's school all around but you don't see any of them promoting at all. Some don't even have their teams compete at local tournaments.

I've own my school for five yrs and have out grown schools who been around longer. They don't want to reinvest marketing capital and just want to pocket whatever profit they gain not understanding that you need a system to continue to recruit students when you are sleeping or teaching. It cost money though to do this online but it has been worth it.

Example , every month I'll spend about 1k on Google, email marketing to capture students . My return is around $380 for each student capture after paying 1k back. The more input in the more profit gains I will get.

Takes some time to get good at marketing and you have to always keep up with alogrithim changes on Google,Facebook and YouTube.
That's really cool, I would love to own a gym one day, it just seems like it's getting really competitive... I guess it depends on the area. And yeah I've notice even martial arts gyms outside of BJJ tend to not know how to market, then the shit TKD gym gets everyone because he actually markets himself

Is your school your primary income?

That's really cool, I would love to own a gym one day, it just seems like it's getting really competitive... I guess it depends on the area. And yeah I've notice even martial arts gyms outside of BJJ tend to not know how to market, then the shit TKD gym gets everyone because he actually markets himself

Is your school your primary income?

It is now , I still have my part time job (social worker) but I make way more money from gym.

You're right about the marketing in bjj. It's pretty bad but these schools won't last long as the scene gets more saturated. It is going to come down on who markets better and evloves.

It's also getting more expensive to even open schools now and days. Running a martial arts school is not as easy as some people think it is.

It is now , I still have my part time job (social worker) but I make way more money from gym.

You're right about the marketing in bjj. It's pretty bad but these schools won't last long as the scene gets more saturated. It is going to come down on who markets better and evloves.

It's also getting more expensive to even open schools now and days. Running a martial arts school is not as easy as some people think it is.
Yeah man, it seems stressful as fuck lol

Currently trying to decide whether I should stay in my home town and play it safe, or try to move to Austin to train with Danaher and Gordon, and keep pursuing BJJ... it just seems really hard to make money in it. I'm 24 now, pretty scary thought to be 30 without a stable career.

Yeah man, it seems stressful as fuck lol

Currently trying to decide whether I should stay in my home town and play it safe, or try to move to Austin to train with Danaher and Gordon, and keep pursuing BJJ... it just seems really hard to make money in it. I'm 24 now, pretty scary thought to be 30 without a stable career.

What bet level are you? And how serious are you about BJJ. Can you do your job remotely? My only concern would be that Gordon moves somewhere else lol. I don't know if I would base my move on someone who moves alot. I know he said he staying their for a while though.

What bet level are you? And how serious are you about BJJ. Can you do your job remotely? My only concern would be that Gordon moves somewhere else lol. I don't know if I would base my move on someone who moves alot. I know he said he staying their for a while though.
Purple, I'm pretty serious about it and also love MMA, have 2 years striking/mma sparring under my belt, no fights though. No, the job thing is the hard part, I currently drive a truck for my family's printing company, and do other miscellaneous things for them, also do Doordash on the side for extra money. Yeah I doubt Gordon would move again, but even if he did there's the B team and a lot of good gyms around there, the main thing that holds me back is how I would make money, and where I would be in a few years if BJJ doesn't work out.

Feel like I'm kind of plateauing at my current gym though, nobody there wants to be competitive and it's pretty hard to get good rolls in with people around my size and skill level (or higher.) It's extremely frustrating.

Purple, I'm pretty serious about it and also love MMA, have 2 years striking/mma sparring under my belt, no fights though. No, the job thing is the hard part, I currently drive a truck for my family's printing company, and do other miscellaneous things for them, also do Doordash on the side for extra money. Yeah I doubt Gordon would move again, but even if he did there's the B team and a lot of good gyms around there, the main thing that holds me back is how I would make money, and where I would be in a few years if BJJ doesn't work out.

Feel like I'm kind of plateauing at my current gym though, nobody there wants to be competitive and it's pretty hard to get good rolls in with people around my size and skill level (or higher.) It's extremely frustrating.

Well it would be the perfect time to move to be honest. Alot of jobs are hiring and even giving bonuses since the labor market is hurting bad.

I'm sure you can probably get a job with a good schedule and decent pay. I would move if I was serious .

Well it would be the perfect time to move to be honest. Alot of jobs are hiring and even giving bonuses since the labor market is hurting bad.

I'm sure you can probably get a job with a good schedule and decent pay. I would move if I was serious .
Thank you for the advice man, I really appreciate it

Ya. Gordon would talk about politics and bjj community in bad ways all the time. You can only imagine how many people have different views from him who just got tired of hearing it.

As for Nicky rod, u can see him giving gordon some problems but Gordon is way ah ad of him by technical skill. I don't think he'll be a threat in no time limit matches which Gordon now demands. He has all the pull now to give his ruleset .
Nicky Rod just looking at Adcc and Gordon wants to compete in the same weight category. That is all.

All these dudes are jelly about Gordon's success. They couldn't stand being under Gordon's shade.

It's funny how people speculate about something they don't know squat about.
I remember that when it was announced, the number one theory about the split I read here and on Reddit was Garry Tonon wanting to do his mma thing, meanwhile Garry was posting ass pics on Instagram.

They could all be trolling for what we know, and creating buzz about nothing, since the easiest way to get rich these days is to be popular.
It could be like Gordon numerous "retirements", nobody sane believe that shit.

If there is some kind of split, it is probably amicable or money related.
In my life experience, money is the single biggest factor that can tear apart long time relationships, and even family bonds.
Maybe they are getting too big to stay under one roof, so they are creating 2 teams so everybody can eat, no biggie.

Imagine thinking Nicky Ryan split from his brother because he is too "toxic", makes no sense.
Gordon has been "toxic" since day 1, when he put that goofy Burger King crown and talked shit about everybody.

Weird with Gordon, a friend of mine went to a few of his seminars and he thought that the social media stuff is a act. He said Gordon was not like he was in social media. A bit surprised to hear Nicky Rod saying that Gordon is like that in real life. But I guess nicky rod would know more training with him day to day.

Back