Nicky rod shedding light on DDS split.

Just to add my own little addendum: a zillion years ago when I was at Mundials, at some point during one of the hectic inbetweens of rushing from one place to the other inside the Pyramid, among the many passing faces I saw one that made me stop in my tracks: Caol Uno. I said his name. He must have had somewhere just above zero English, & I had somewhere just below zero Japanese, but we somehow communicated happily with sheer body language for about 30 seconds just standing there, ha. Then we each went back on about our hustling & bustling. Definitely one of the highlights for me, what a legend
Wow. That is really, really awesome. I can feel the awesomeness through the computer.

It's funny how people speculate about something they don't know squat about.
Yeah....
If there is some kind of split, it is probably amicable or money related.
In my life experience, money is the single biggest factor that can tear apart long time relationships, and even family bonds.
Maybe they are getting too big to stay under one roof, so they are creating 2 teams so everybody can eat, no biggie.
Proceeds to speculate like everyone else. No hate but i found this ironic lol

Who's gym is the B team?
There's a guy, Nick Ortiz I guess, who is a purple under Danaher, who seems to teach in most of the videos and goes over the rules for training in most videos. He seems like he's in charge.
Instruction seems good and rules are sound but it just seems like Danaher stuff.

Does this guy have a bunch of money where he offered these guys a better deal at a new spot or something?

Who's gym is the B team?
There's a guy, Nick Ortiz I guess, who is a purple under Danaher, who seems to teach in most of the videos and goes over the rules for training in most videos. He seems like he's in charge.
Instruction seems good and rules are sound but it just seems like Danaher stuff.

Does this guy have a bunch of money where he offered these guys a better deal at a new spot or something?

I believe Nick is just an up coming competitior. I believe he's only a purple belt, so I doubt he's in charge. I've seen Izzac Mitchell teaching also. I don't know why, but I'm guessing they want other people teaching. Maybe Craig, the 2 Nicky and Ethan don't want to teach. Maybe they want to give their friends jobs. Maybe they just want to get their students used to guest teachers since the 4 of them will often be gone for matches/seminars.

I'm sure your 2 minute interaction with him was really insightful
Yes, because it's impossible to develop an opinion of someone by observing their demeanor and listening to their speech. Maybe OS is the next Mother Theresa and I missed it because I didn't make it my life's mission to completely delve into his life.
In the grand scheme of things I don't give 2 shits. His existence has no effect on mine. The forum is here for open discussion and to provide opinions. Whether you dismiss it or not fall in the same feelings as the beginning of this paragraph.

Yes, because it's impossible to develop an opinion of someone by observing their demeanor and listening to their speech. Maybe OS is the next Mother Theresa and I missed it because I didn't make it my life's mission to completely delve into his life.
In the grand scheme of things I don't give 2 shits. His existence has no effect on mine. The forum is here for open discussion and to provide opinions. Whether you dismiss it or not fall in the same feelings as the beginning of this paragraph.
Yeah it pretty much is, a lot of people are very delusional about how good they are at judging people's character lol

Ya. Budo Jake used to do some cool videos on bjj. But he basically got pushed out by Flo . Poor guy.

My recent issues with flow was with daily fresh . It was entertaining and great grapplers come out from that school.

My issue was that most of those grapplers in that tore down gym didn't have jobs or go to school. Even one of the episode one guy was trying to find his Birth certificate so he could get state benefits. These guys are all in their twenties.

I have two teens , one a boy who does bjj and is a HS wrestler. Flow promotes these young men who aren't doing nothing but bjj. If their going to do that then they should also promote top bjj players who are going to work or school and still are reaching the top.

I think that's more impressive then just training. We need to shed light on young individuals who are contributing to society at the same time doing bjj. Just showing guys with no jobs or schooling is not a good look for our youth.
Neither a good look nor does it show the reality of trying to train bjj full time

Neither a good look nor does it show the reality of trying to train bjj full time
I think showing some dudes living in shit conditions and wasting a lot of time between training is how trying to be a full time pro bjj looks like. It's hard to compete at a pro level and have a real job or a real degree because the competition classes tend to in the mornings or at noon.
The business model in bjj tends to pander to bitch ass crappy hobbyists rather guys who want to train hard after work.

I think showing some dudes living in shit conditions and wasting a lot of time between training is how trying to be a full time pro bjj looks like. It's hard to compete at a pro level and have a real job or a real degree because the competition classes tend to in the mornings or at noon.
The business model in bjj tends to pander to bitch ass crappy hobbyists rather guys who want to train hard after work.
Those "bitchass crappy hobbyists" keep the doors open and lights on

Those "bitchass crappy hobbyists" keep the doors open and lights on

^

Looking down on hobbyists is completely backwards. Never mind keeping your local gym open, they also buy tickets, subscriptions, instructions, seminars, etc. that allow the "pros" to exist at all. Without them BJJ would just be pajama Fight Club.

^

Looking down on hobbyists is completely backwards. Never mind keeping your local gym open, they also buy tickets, subscriptions, instructions, seminars, etc. that allow the "pros" to exist at all. Without them BJJ would just be pajama Fight Club.
I am not making any money from BJJ nor do I plan too. I am just some guy who pass for his subscriptions, competition fees, gym membership.
I just want to train BJJ in a way that is structured towards preparing me for competition.

I am not making any money from BJJ nor do I plan too. I am just some guy who pass for his subscriptions, competition fees, gym membership.
I just want to train BJJ in a way that is structured towards preparing me for competition.

upload_2021-10-18_16-38-49.png

Not every school is going to be super competition heavy. Just like how not every school can be an atos, renzos, marcelo garcia, or caio terras.

This. The truth is even those teams only have 1-3 percent of competitors , the rest are hobbyist ,kids.
Not sure where this elitism comes from with bjj.

There is nothing wrong with being an elite level competitor.

Just as there is nothing wrong with being a hobbyist with a full time job, family, other activities.

Back