Nicky rod shedding light on DDS split.

I'm a huge Gordon/John fan, I wonder specifically what Gordon did that pissed everyone off so much. And if Gordon is in the wrong, why did Danaher stick with him?

Thoughts @kenetics ?

I'm a huge Gordon/John fan, I wonder specifically what Gordon did that pissed everyone off so much. And if Gordon is in the wrong, why did Danaher stick with him?

Thoughts @kenetics ?

Well Danaher going to stay with him because he's a cash cow and brings alot of money and recognition .

As for Gordon, I can see the other grapplers with less of a "personality" getting annoyed. Gordon still acts pretty immature from post he makes about other, beliefs , politics and the bjj community.

Imagine actually having to spend more time with him than what we see online, I can only imagine lol.
His brother leaving says alot imo, Gordon probably tries to boss him or talk down on him as an older brother. With their father passing I think it probably got worse .

Gordon is a amazing grappler but he needs to grow up. He reminds me of my 17yr old son lol.

Gordon isn't that bad TBH. But with Deblass influence and rewards for negative behavior, I can see a monster being born.

Well Danaher going to stay with him because he's a cash cow and brings alot of money and recognition .

As for Gordon, I can see the other grapplers with less of a "personality" getting annoyed. Gordon still acts pretty immature from post he makes about other, beliefs , politics and the bjj community.

Imagine actually having to spend more time with him than what we see online, I can only imagine lol.
His brother leaving says alot imo, Gordon probably tries to boss him or talk down on him as an older brother. With their father passing I think it probably got worse .

Gordon is a amazing grappler but he needs to grow up. He reminds me of my 17yr old son lol.
Yeahhh I always liked Gordon because I have kind of a similar personality, but after 18 I just got more and more humbled in life lol so I'm way more toned down now. I could see how if my plan A worked that well and I was a 6'2 good looking rich BJJ GOAT I would be kind of a dick lol

Still surprised everyone other than him, Tonon, and John left. Everyone always says Gordon is cooler in person than he is on Social Media, but whatever he did must've really rubbed everyone the wrong way for them to leave Danaher. And Nicky leaving too is kinda sad, he always seemed to take after the mom more, I heard Gordon and Garry on a podcast joke about how the Dad pretty openly liked Gordon more... thought at the time that would create a bad dynamic... they never really seemed that tight

Also interesting Nicky Rod implied Gordon's stomach issue is Gordon just being a pussy lol

Gordon isn't that bad TBH. But with Deblass influence and rewards for negative behavior, I can see a monster being born.
Tough to say without being on the team, I always like him, but being an underling on DDS might be a different story lol

Thoughts @kenetics ?

Hum. I suspect Gordon Ryam promised everyone that he was going to get a gym established in PR.
Then later on, he blamed the land lords for not being able to get a lease.
Just excuses after excuses.

Also, one of the rules of the B team which I think should already apply to any gym: no talking politics or religion on the mats. Pretty straight forward you think ..but to have to put such rules would mean someone must have completely a twat talking b's on the mats all the time.

I heard rumours that Gordon would not roll with nick rod .....and that a couple of years ago... everyone would think because nick rod is a spazzer.....but now nick rod is after his titles. He is not at that technical level yet but with determination and pressure. Who knows?

Last edited:
I've noticed a lot of famous people that make it young seem to almost be stunted at the age they became successful

I mean I do give him some slack because he became famous real young and had a power where he can literally strangle everyone. With that creates huge ego, which I don't mind. You need ego to reach where he got. We all said some dumb things when were young too. Know it alls.

I hope Gordon grows out of it like many of us do as we get older and actually understand what some of our elders tried to reach us.

I mean I do give him some slack because he became famous real young and had a power where he can literally strangle everyone. With that creates huge ego, which I don't mind. You need ego to reach where he got. We all said some dumb things when were young too. Know it alls.

I hope Gordon grows out of it like many of us do as we get older and actually understand what some of our elders tried to reach us.
That IS what his elders taught him. Deblass?

Hum. I suspect Gordon Ryam promised everyone that he was going to get a gym established in PR.
Maybe that's a part of it, I thought it was a bad idea at the time, but assumed Danaher had thought it through... I guess they were just thinking about the taxes lol

Having everyone including his brother leave because of him has to hurt his feelings... I would think that's the most humbling thing that's ever happened to him

Also, one of the rules of the B team which I think should already apply to any gym: no talking politics or religion on the mats. Pretty straight forward you think ..but to have to put such rules would mean someone must have completely a twat talking b's on the mats all the time.

I heard rumours that Gordon would not roll with nick rod .....and that a couple of years ago... everyone would think because nick rod is a spazzer.....but now nick rod is after his titles. He is not at that technical level yet but with determination and pressure. Who knows?

Ya. Gordon would talk about politics and bjj community in bad ways all the time. You can only imagine how many people have different views from him who just got tired of hearing it.

As for Nicky rod, u can see him giving gordon some problems but Gordon is way ah ad of him by technical skill. I don't think he'll be a threat in no time limit matches which Gordon now demands. He has all the pull now to give his ruleset .

Having everyone including his brother leave because of him has to hurt his feelings... I would think that's the most humbling thing that's ever happened to him

You would think but I can forsee him talking crap when he has to compete against his old teammates. His little brother choose to go with them they stay with his own brother. I don't know what to think about that, it's very telling.

That IS what his elders taught him. Deblass?

Ya deblass is pretty fake. The dude acts humble one second, the next he's acting like Gordon . He actually made a video addressing his behavior. He said he's human and tries to be better ever day but will continue to make mistakes..

So pretty has an built in excuse Everytime someone calls him out for trying to act humble lol.

Last edited:
You would think but I can forsee him talking crap when he has to compete against his old teammates. His little brother choose to go with them they stay with his own brother. I don't know what to think about that, it's very telling.
ADCC is gonna be so much fun

Flo should do a reality show leading up to and during lol

If people are gonna blame Deblass for creating Gordon, Flo is culpable as well haha

Flo does give him the platform to act a fool but he has his constitutional rights to do so . I may not agree with most things he says but I still want him to speak his mind freely.

Maybe he'll look back and learn something about himself.

Back