Ngannou vs Wilder next?

If he's going to stay in boxing he could do with a step down and fight in an event where he's not the headliner. If he only cares about money then yeah sure why not let Wilder knock his head into the nosebleeds.

Anthony Joshua sent Francis to the hospital
Deontay Wilder would send him to the morgue

Deontay Wilder, while not the most technically skilled boxer, is still leaps and bounds ahead of Ngannou (or any other UFC fighter) in terms of boxing ability.

That AJ fight was so brutal and sobering that its seriously hurt interest in seeing Francis fight again in either sport tbh.

As much as I wanted to see PFL become a player, they've gotten murdered in a vs Bellator card, had a major main event end because of a toe injury, and their biggest signing ever had his stock plummet before he ever had a fight for them. Its not going great so far is it?

Wilder will do to big Francis what Joshua did to him, with harder punches.

Bad idea. Wilder is not the HW boxer with the best technique, but he's still 10 times the boxer Ngannou is. Destruction incoming

That AJ fight was so brutal and sobering that its seriously hurt interest in seeing Francis fight again in either sport tbh.

As much as I wanted to see PFL become a player, they've gotten murdered in a vs Bellator card, had a major main event end because of a toe injury, and their biggest signing ever had his stock plummet before he ever had a fight for them. Its not going great so far is it?
Francis didn't fumble the bag but PFL sure as hell did.

If he is ranked 230, he should have no business fighting top10 guys. Or top50 for that matter. Also, he should fight someone in PFL for a change.

He needs to fight someone that isn't a power puncher. Frank Ng will be punch drunk retarded before he is 50 if he takes another boxing match against a heavy hitter. What good is money if you're drooling on yourself, wear adult diapers, and have a functional IQ of 80 or less?

Ngannou should’ve fought wilder anyway, he stood a far better chance at knocking out sloppy wilder. Francis can redeem himself by beating Wilder
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2024/03/bunce-suggests-ngannou-vs-wilder-for-fury-usyk-undercard/

Sure...but maybe that option never really was there...or not for as much $$$ as he got against AJ?

If he can get Wilder next for a 10+mil pay day now, hell yeah...do it. If he was 25, I'd say take the boxing thing seriously, book some realistic matchups, go back to MMA and build up again, etc., but Francis is 37. He should cash in while he can. Of course he has a much better shot at beating Renan in MMA than any ranked HW in boxing, but what is Francis going to get paid by PFL unless the Saudis foot the bill for that fight? Does beating Renan make his next boxing fight more lucractive? I doubt it, but maybe?

If he can get Wilder for good money, he should probably do it, IMHO.

Francis could also retire...there's a good argument to made for that too.

Anthony Joshua sent Francis to the hospital
Deontay Wilder would send him to the morgue

Deontay Wilder, while not the most technically skilled boxer, is still leaps and bounds ahead of Ngannou (or any other UFC fighter) in terms of boxing ability.
The thing is though...

Wilder is INSANELY under rated for his SKILLS.

His jab is sharp and an absolute perfect range finder and he uses it very very well to control distance and keep the fights at his favorable long range.

His right cross is arguably the most devastating punch in the history of heavyweight boxing. His KO record got to 42 wins, ZERO LOSSES and 41 KOs. That's fucking video game fantasy shit and he did that in real life including 9-10 HW title fights.

That's the ol "1 2" the bread and butter of boxing and he excells at it.

He is 6'7 so I don't know why anyone would expect his footwork to be like prime Sugar Ray Robinson, but it was effective for him and his weapons.

People see a couple clips where he got wild on guys who were already badly badly hurt and putting up zero danger in return and act like that is representative of Wilders actual skill set.

Dude is/was a way better technical boxer than he gets credit for.
Defense got him thru 44 pro fights including around 10 title fights without a loss.

Wilder would HURT Ngannou. Bad.

The thing is though...

Wilder is INSANELY under rated for his SKILLS.

His jab is sharp and an a solute perfect range finder and he uses it very very well to control distance and keep the fights at his favorable long range.

His right cross is arguably the most devastating punch in the history of heavyweight boxing. His KO record got to 42 wins, ZERO LOSSES and 41 KOs. That's fucking video game fantasy shit and he did that in real life including 9-10 HW title fights.

He is 6'7 so I don't know why anyone would expect his footwork to be like prime Sugar Ray Robinson, but it was effective for him and his weapons.

People see a couple clips where he got wild on guys who were already badly badly hurt and putting up zero danger in return and act like that is representative of Wilders actual skill set.

Dude is/was a way better technical boxer than he gets credit for.
Defense got him thru 44 pro fights including around 10 title fights without a loss.
Yeah, his KO ratio and record is pretty insane. He's only lost to elite fighters, and also won a Bronze medal in the Olympics
I think most people discredit his skills based on lack of quality names on his resume, as well as those youtube highlight clips you mentioned.

I have no doubt Wilder could look like Muhammad Ali or Lennox Lewis against Francis if he wanted to

Back