newtown family sues school for 100 million dollars

Fuck this culture where violence begets violence and the mob reacts before there are any facts and starts baying for blood. I'm off to rewatch some past fights before prelims begin.

what a joke. Shame on those people

Yeah, taking 100 million from the school systems will really make the schools safer...

These people are assholes and I hope their greed ruins their lives. This shit is sickening. It's like everyone's goal in life is to see how much stuff they can own and put in their house.

eventually the names of the parents will be leaked and it will definitely not be pretty

The assholes should expect alot of angry mothers trying to beat the shit out of them while they're husbands try to hold they're wives back while glaring the shit out of them.

People trying to profit from this tragedy are scum, regardless if their child is actually traumatized.

I can see why a lawsuit would be in order in the sense of...."this event happened to my child at your school or whatever...I shouldn't have to pay for it" and then cover actual medical costs or some other respectful manner.

However, this is just insane. How could someone forever be known as the family who got rich as fuck off a tragedy.

I can see why a lawsuit would be in order in the sense of...."this event happened to my child at your school or whatever...I shouldn't have to pay for it" and then cover actual medical costs or some other respectful manner.

However, this is just insane. How could someone forever be known as the family who got rich as fuck off a tragedy.

Every affected family will be compensated - amounts and sources to be determined. We don't know this family's motivation. It may be sheer greenfaced greed, but even then they are doing the entire community a service. The rest of the kids might be spared the grilling by the defense lawyers and experts because this one goes through it. And there would be no case without at least partial community support - you need witnesses and god knows what else.

If this case is successful, I think that it's a fair wager that the only families not getting in on the act will be the ones that sign book deals about how they didn't get in on the act that are worth more than the compensation on offer.

I get the need to try and hold someone responsible but damn, this is too much.

Ugh.

First, their child is alive. They could have spent at least a month feeling gratitude.

Second, teachers gave their lives saving other children.

Third, it wasn't the school that went on a shooting rampage. It was one evil disgrace of a human being. He dead, and his estate probably worthless. No money bags there at which to direct the angst.

Fourth, setting that precedent and taking that amount of resource away from the school coffers hurts. It doesn't help.

Fifth, way to teach your kids that instead of grieving and processing emotion, try to fix it with a band-aid in the shape of a cheque.

I am disgusted. They should be ashamed.

Ugh.

First, their child is alive. They could have spent at least a month feeling gratitude.

Second, teachers gave their lives saving other children.

Third, it wasn't the school that went on a shooting rampage. It was one evil disgrace of a human being. He dead, and his estate probably worthless. No money bags there at which to direct the angst.

Fourth, setting that precedent and taking that amount of resource away from the school coffers hurts. It doesn't help.

Fifth, way to teach your kids that instead of grieving and processing emotion, try to fix it with a band-aid in the shape of a cheque.

I am disgusted. They should be ashamed.

This is America. Just like in this thread you'll find any number of people ready and willing to fleece whoever they can for however much they can.

Our society really is heading in a disgusting direction and what's really sad is that a lot of folks seem okay and even advocate for it.

This is America. Just like in this thread you'll find any number of people ready and willing to fleece whoever they can for however much they can.

Our society really is heading in a disgusting direction and what's really sad is that a lot of folks seem okay and even advocate for it.

Your society is about to collapse because it's been headed in this direction for the last 40+ years.

Wow, that makes me sick. Where is that $100M supposed to come from? How is this going to help anyone? This level of greed and self-interest is very disturbing.

True.

Classy is irrelevant, just not surprised there are lawsuits stemming from this. I am surprised that others seem surprised, though.

Be honest for once. The gun remark is/was a little low.

Not saying you shouldn't be able to satire but this is one of the topics that should be off limits.

Your society is about to collapse because it's been headed in this direction for the last 40+ years.

Societal speaking we're newborn's.

We're gonna die an early death.

I wish there was some way to correct this but our mentality is unchangeable at this point. Many post modernists philosophers have put us in the stage of Decay of meaning for quite some time. The internet put us at full speed.

The top dog always receives the hardest attacks.

It's gonna take an American Gandi figure to steer us towards the light.

Back