newtown family sues school for 100 million dollars

rowdy bec

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MERIDEN, Connecticut (Reuters) - A $100 million claim on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor is the first legal action to come out of the Connecticut school shooting that left 26 children and adults dead two weeks ago.

The unidentified client, referred to as Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom when the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, opened fire, according to the claim filed by New Haven-based attorney Irv Pinsky.

"As a consequence, the ... child has sustained emotional and psychological trauma and injury, the nature and extent of which are yet to be determined," the claim said.

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-100-million-child-survivor-connecticut-school-003646074.html

Someone wants to make some money.

Wow, that makes me sick. Where is that $100M supposed to come from? How is this going to help anyone? This level of greed and self-interest is very disturbing.

Shame Adam didn't get that one to considering the compounded damage the family is putting on the community and disgusting display of disrespect to the real victims' families

Last edited:
Wow, that makes me sick. Where is that $100M supposed to come from? How is this going to help anyone? This level of greed and self-interest is very disturbing.

What really is going to happen is they'll settle out of court for 2-3 million tops. Still it does no one good. Thats society for you.

I find it pretty sad that this family is trying to profit from a tragedy. I could see them asking for free counseling or whatever. But this is disgusting, frankly.

The massacre was probably the biggest tragedy America has seen in the past 10 yrs. However, I don't think the school is at fault. What elementary school has patrolled units? This is the fault of that sick piece of shit murderer and his enabling parents. Finally, with education budgets being slashed left and right in this country, how much money are they going to get? Would it be more feasible to extract more money from that psycho's rich father?

Yeah it really is fucking pathetic. Suing a school is practically like suing the kids.

It makes it even worse that their child is a survivor. The parents of a dead kid would have a better case, but I still wouldn't agree with it.

They should really release the name of these people. How fucking pathetic though.

They should really release the name of these people. How fucking pathetic though.

I couldn't imagine the shit storm if the name of that family is released. They would definitely have to leave Newtown.

Shame Adam didn't get that one to considering the compounded damage the family is putting on the community and disgusting display of disrespect to the real victims' families

Really asshole? It's a shame a 6 year old didn't die?

Fuck off

lol @ Jill Doe.

That and those people probably fit a stereotype.

I will not elaborate on either point.

eventually the names of the parents will be leaked and it will definitely not be pretty

Back