newtown family sues school for 100 million dollars

The state mandates that children receive schooling, steals from people to fund public schools, and then goes out of its way to make the public schools as defenseless as possible.

Of course they should be held more accountable than any other place.

Spoken like a mass murdering lunatic.

Stalin would be proud bro.

Locking people in cages and killing them if they resist is an acceptable way to compel people to fund schools because... the people say it's ok.

Yea, go fuck yourself.

Well gee, I guess the police may as well take their sweet time to show up if someone with a gun couldn't make a difference in defending the school.

retard_zpsdb64b714.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the intercom intentionally left on so the rest of the school could hear what was happening and allowed a janitor to run down the hallway telling teachers to lock their doors?

So this family is suing for what potentially saved their child's life because it wasn't PG?

So this family is suing for what potentially saved their child's life because it wasn't PG?

Yes pretty much as you say. And if the cops would've shown up and blown the perp away before he opened fire on school children someone would probably sue the police for something too

It's hard to say, but people usually already expect lawyers to be scum.

True. While I expect the lawyer to be on the slime, I can't help but imagine the parents, and no offense inteded, to be rather "simple", and being taken advantage of some praying lawyer with a few free smoking monkies in his desk, looking to make a buck at the expense of some emotionally unsound parents at the time.run on sentences rock.

Though they may have a case more than other shootings considering this wouldn't have happened if they didn't employ a certain teacher.

Really? No sarcasm at all...do you really think they might have a case because they hired a lady with a troubled kid? If so, I see a lot of people being put out of work or not getting hired as there are a lot of kids on psych drugs these days.

I'm surprised the asshole line came from you, actually. I don't remember many names on this board, but you're one of the level headed posters that can be trusted to not jump in with the mob.

I have no idea how I would mourn. I am forever shocked that there isn't more vigilantism about, and probably attribute it to depression sapping all energy or something. I don't know what my response would be to even just getting a phone call saying there's been a shooting.

The thread title was misleading. "The school" made me personally instantly tweak and go "this fucking litigious culture". But then I thought about it, and the more I thought about it, the more this made sense. Who is going to pay for the potential forever counselling? What are these people going through? What if the mother is literally unable to ever let the child out of her sight, ever?

Would I sue? I don't know, because I don't know how I would respond. But I'd give the parents the benefit of the doubt on this one and wait until the case is heard. Maybe it'll get thrown out, maybe it'll lead to the society realising some things. At face value, the coffee case doesn't sound legit at all. Are you sure you won't be revising your stance on this one once you've read up on it a few years down the track?

I can understand them wanting to find a way to pay for the potential therapy that may come in the future, and I have to believe the 100 million number came from the lawyer that more than likely sought them out, so I too will reserve judgement however I have to admit my initial reaction was similar to most here.

Pretty disgusting how these idiots are trying to get rich because of a tragedy.
And what did the school have to do with it? Or are they some NRA retards?

wtf does the NRA have to do with it?

I would do teh same fucking thing man. Fuck it 100 million is alot of cash. Fuck teh school fuck everyone when you got that 100 million your above common white trash scum and can do whatever the fuck you want.

I would do teh same fucking thing man. Fuck it 100 million is alot of cash. Fuck teh school fuck everyone when you got that 100 million your above common white trash scum and can do whatever the fuck you want.

I bet you're the Scrabble Champion of your region.

wtf does the NRA have to do with it?

Not sure what the poster you're replying to meant, but here is one line of reasoning:

The NRA dude (La Faettte or whatever his name is) in the press statement after the event said that he warned after the Columbine shooting that this would happen again and that steps need to be taken to protect children.

Now, if gun experts are predicting an event and calling it likely, then you have reasonable foreseeability (or whatever the appropriate test is called in that jurisdiction) right there. There is obviously a duty of care. That's negligence. So there's an NRA connection.

Just going to point out again that as far as I can tell, they're NOT suing the school, but the various government departments.

Who's scummier though, the parents or the lawyer that probably saw an opportunity to make a possible buck?

The lawyer is doing his job. and cases like these all lawyers jump on the chance.

Remember the C-level lawyer defended Casey Anthony, is now rich and a celebrity? People are seeking him out now

Back