newtown family sues school for 100 million dollars

Though they may have a case more than other shootings considering this wouldn't have happened if they didn't employ a certain teacher.

Wow, that makes me sick. Where is that $100M supposed to come from? How is this going to help anyone? This level of greed and self-interest is very disturbing.

agreed.

the money doesn't come from some random pile of money stashed away somewhere. it directly affects the very people who were equally as devastated by this incident.

those people should be ashamed of themselves.

That's extremely disturbing. People.... just people man wow....I'm speechless.

If the person gets money and has any decency in the world, he or she will donate it back to the school for funds to help make the school safer.

future protection in schools

Ed209.jpg

lol @ Jill Doe.

That and those people probably fit a stereotype.

I will not elaborate on either point.

You really think they were jews? There are scum from every race and creed.

Edit- two seperate points, not related

Last edited:
Shame Adam didn't get that one to considering the compounded damage the family is putting on the community and disgusting display of disrespect to the real victims' families

did you really just fucking say its a shame a 6 year old child wasnt killed?

get the fuck out of here.

Jill Doe's mommy & daddy's ass should be identified so they can be shamed. If the school owes the parents money for some particular legal reason that I don't understand, it should be handled quietly and respectfully on behalf of everyone.

Very greedy, how do they morally justify this action?

Disgusting! These people need to grow the eff up. It seems like suing, instead of hard work, has become the norm for a lot of people these days. Instead of suing for money, why not help fund raise money with the school to help kids with mental disabilities, or orphans, or kids coming from troubled families?

Teachers should sue this family for protecting their kid and therefore putting themselves in harms way.

Here we go, jumping to conclusions.

They are not "suing the school". They are suing "the state Board of Education, Department of Education and Education Commissioner". Are all of these state, or are some federal? Sounds to me like their aim is to hold the government accountable.

And just to clear something up (mentioned earlier in the thread), they are not taking money away from the other victims. If they are successful, every one of the other victims will be able to follow them. It's a test case.

Of course it's going to be $100 million. You seek humongous damages, and then the court decides the appropriate amount, that's just how these things work.

And this isn't without merit. The authorities have a duty of care towards the children. If a child had fallen over on an unsafe playground with holes in the ground, you bet your ass parents would sue. I think there's politics to this suit, saying that it's reasonably foreseeable in the current society that a gunman would walk into a school and start shooting, and it's the society (ie the government) that is accountable. You can say "it's a madman" all you like, but if you build a school next to a max security facility and don't do anything to protect children, again, lawsuit.

I'd be fricken angry as a parent if the unspeakable happened. And you're damn right I would be looking to apportion blame.

Back