news anchor becomes a hero

who cares? not worthy of us and our valuable time

Obesity is one of the worst choices a person can make and one of the most dangerous habits to maintain.

and this isn't untrue, granted you don't have an illness stopping you from reducing your weight to healthy levels, then again; it is your life..

It was a prick letter to send for sure, but it touches on a valid point. As a society, we openly frown upon smoking, drinking to excess, drinking and driving, etc, yet none of those kill as many people as obesity does. If we won't let a newscaster smoke on TV because of the message it would portray, why allow an obese newscaster on TV?

lol the guys letter is so unfiltered.. just speaks his mind

I was surprised indeed to witness that your physical condition hasn't improved for many years.

TS could learn a thing or two about trolling from the guy who wrote that letter.

It was a prick letter to send for sure, but it touches on a valid point. As a society, we openly frown upon smoking, drinking to excess, drinking and driving, etc, yet none of those kill as many people as obesity does. If we won't let a newscaster smoke on TV because of the message it would portray, why allow an obese newscaster on TV?

That's a prick thing to say.

Being fat is a stupid choice, but so is being an asshole.

I don't see her sending letters to that dude telling him to change his asshole ways because it sends a very negative message to the next generation of people.

She's a true inspiration for the children

strong4life-childhood-obesity.jpg

Hero how?

She rescue a baked alaska or somepin?

It looks like she's trying to flag down a waitress in that pic.

That's a prick thing to say.

Being fat is a stupid choice, but so is being an asshole.

I don't see her sending letters to that dude telling him to change his asshole ways because it sends a very negative message to the next generation of people.

In fairness his comment about not letting fat people on tv is someone of a valid point from a purely scientific view.

Social learning theory tells us that behaviour can be learned by watching role models, particularly same sex role models (as Bandura's study shows). This can occur via vicarious reinforcement i.e watching said role model be rewarded/ punished can encourage/discourage the behaviour. Now applied to this scenario, some kids may see journalists as successful, respectable role models and considering this story itself present this woman as a role model as "Livingston is still hearing from kids and adults who view her as a much-needed hero" must consider that fat people on TV encourages children to be fat.

I'm not trying to be a dick but...

same way rosa parks was a hero

take back your self worth, you are more than just a number on a scale!

Rosa Parks wasn't a hero, she was a pawn. That sit in was planned well in advance.

Could I just ask why she went out of her way to go live on air and tell everyone this?
It was a private email, nobody else even saw it.

"We need to teach our children to be kind, not critical"

what is she on about? she started off well with the anti bullying stance but then she lost me with this..

and why are they trying to tell kids that it's ok to be obese.. then she makes light of a doctors chart of healthy/fat/obese -- yeah if you're an adult, live your life however you want to but children should not be told that it's ok to stuff their faces with donuts just because they're kids and sensitive to critical thinking

so because we're afraid of hurting people's feelings we're gonna let our kids be unhealthy and potentially develop diseases and shorten their life

It was a prick letter to send for sure, but it touches on a valid point. As a society, we openly frown upon smoking, drinking to excess, drinking and driving, etc, yet none of those kill as many people as obesity does.

Should people just be hired on the basis of life expectancy? Because other than that there's no comparison between booze and food.

In fairness his comment about not letting fat people on tv is someone of a valid point from a purely scientific view.

Social learning theory tells us that behaviour can be learned by watching role models, particularly same sex role models (as Bandura's study shows). This can occur via vicarious reinforcement i.e watching said role model be rewarded/ punished can encourage/discourage the behaviour. Now applied to this scenario, some kids may see journalists as successful, respectable role models and considering this story itself present this woman as a role model as "Livingston is still hearing from kids and adults who view her as a much-needed hero" must consider that fat people on TV encourages children to be fat.

I'm not trying to be a dick but...

Ok, now let's look at it from a realistic point of view. When's the last time you were influenced by a news anchor?

The chick didn't deserve hate mail just cause she's a fatty. A person should be able to go to work, do their job, and not be heckled just because a random asshole doesn't like what they see.

She's a news lady not a catwalk model.

someone needs to make a reality show called "Fat Island," and the premise is you have 16 fat pieces of shit stranded on an island. and it's a pretty barren island. there is no food on the island. except for each other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anddrew
Back